Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 238951 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty.
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:19 am »

"Well, time to skedaddle, mates!" Stevo rushes on ahead, hopping like a maddened kangaroo towards the main exit!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty One.
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2012, 11:53:28 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN TWENTY ONE

As the crack team of Bowienauts continue to flee the raging inferno inside the communist pyramid, the neural interlink bursts into life, three long beeps signalling the emergency use of the general Bowiemergency frequency.

“Bowiecopter back to Bowie, over. Bowiecopter back to Bowie, come in Bowie?”

“This is the Timelord, over. How’s the situation up there, Marcus?”

“We uh… we’re taking increasingly heavy fire here David… there’s hostiles on the ground, the LZ is swarming, over.”

“How uh… how many hostiles are there man?”

“I’d estimate somewhere between ten and fifteen thousand, over. We’re taking heavy small arms fire but the bowieshields are deflecting everything they can throw at us for the time being.”

“Ok Marcus. Now, you two stay calm up the-“

“Oh I’m calm, David, but I think Vincent is really beginning to freak out, y’know? I’ve gone through the medikit but there don’t seem to be any downers left in there. David, I’m going to have to go off air for a second and take Vince through some controlled breathing exercises, the evasive action is really getting to him and I don’t know how long we can hold out, over…”

Head for the main entrance, doubletime!

Mind swirling with increasing flashbacks of the wars down in Texas, Davy Crockett spins his head round quickly to make a mental roll call of his companions.

“Where’s McCartney?” he yells over the din of rumbling pyramid.

“Huh?”

“I said, where’s McCartney? He never made it out the private lair?”

“I dunno, I haven’t seen the poor fella since he fell down that huge hole, mate.”

“Blast. We should – “

“Friends, we don’t have time. The Timelord’s scientists are most likely right. This structure could go down at any time and if we go back for him we all risk death. As sad as I am to part with my musical companion, we must heed the warnings and leave.”

"Crikey! Well, time to skedaddle, mates!"

“Agreed. Doubletime, lads! Come on!”

...With one last despairing look back towards the stingray moat, Davy Crockett heads down the subway tunnel towards freedom and safety, dodging tumbling concrete pillars and sharp jagged slices of volcanic glass as he runs as fast as he dares.

Suddenly he feels a violent impact knock him to the floor!

Stevo rushes on ahead, hopping like a maddened kangaroo towards the main exit!

Stevo has tears in his eyes as he hops on down the subway tunnel like a maddened kangaroo –  suddenly he stops and turns to face his cameraman.

“Ah man! I accidentally killed that rare wilderdile specimen, mate. It’s gonna be years before we get another beauty like that on film! I dunno what happened, y’know?”

“Steve.”

“ There I was, just watching Davy there rip a wilderdile’s brain to shreds with his teeth, and suddenly I was overtaken by this overwhelmingly powerful feeling of rage, mate. Crikey.”

“Steve!”

“ I scare even meself sometimes, I really do. You gotta pity those poor crocs, y’know?  They don’t stand a chance.”

“STEVE! Get a bloody move on fella, the whole place is crumbling round our ears mate! There’s no bloody time for pieces to camera yet! Besides, mate, the lighting in here’s rubbish, we’re gonna have to reshoot that when we get outside, OK? Now, help me carry this bloody tripod.”

...Stevo picks up the tripod and lumbers onwards to the main exit, dodging the falling rocks and flying bricks as he goes.

Suddenly the tripod goes flying as he feels a violent impact knock him to his knees!

Stride towards the exit. If the pyramid threatens to collapse on top of me, or the volcanic glass is too dangerous, use Element magics to propel me forth.( Ie fill the tunnel with water(allowing me to float, don't fill it completely) then combine air and water behind me to create a warm breeze that will push me towards the exit.

Archimedes of Syracuse strides calmly towards the exit on the west of the pyramid as his two remaining companions flee before him. ...Suddenly he sees an interesting inscription on the wall! It looks like some esoteric mathemagical formula, scribed upon the very living rock itself to be guarded for all time!

“I must take careful note of this!” he thinks, stopping before the inscription. “These caverns could remain unexplored for centuries after their demise. I must take a closer look, for the good of science!”

Archimedes peers closer, thoughtfully stroking his beard.

Spoiler: Peer closer (click to show/hide)

“Hmm.”

Suddenly he shrugs and realises he has tarried too long, and the pyramid is threatening to collapse on top of him!

“Oh blast!” he exclaims. “Blast and bother! Ooh! I know! Water! And air! ...Yes!”

McCartney, despite his condition, makes a mad dash for the exit!

...Paul ignores his terrible guts and his mashed up limbs and bruised head and scorched skin and dashes madly down the tunnel towards the light! Dragging his fractured leg behind him, he nevertheless makes quite good time until suddenly the pyramid shakes with a massive rumble! The tilt of the floor seems to move, causing Paul to lose his footing and smash facewards to the rubble covered ground!

“Ouch! Damn, man, I’m never going to get me and my guitar out of here if I don’t get a move on. Come on, man, come on! Er. What’s… Is that… Oh gosh. Oh. Oh dear.”

Paul looks over his shoulder to see an enormous tsunami of dirty water powering towards him like a mob of overexcited teenage Beatles fans! Holding onto his guitar for comfort, Paul McCartney is picked up by the wave of mathemagical water and shot down the tunnel at considerable speed, approaching the light like a rabbit approaching a welcoming headlight!

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrg!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Suddenly the Last Beatle is propelled out of the pyramid, falling ten feet below into an increasingly wet puddle of mud. With the mathemagical water falling unendingly above him, he looks away from the stricken pyramid to see a fear-inspiring sight!

The bowiecopter is circling the new extraction point, rockets streaking furiously and miniguns showering millions of bullet casings down to earth as over ten thousand communists shoot their Russian-style assault rifles into the air!

A new stream of water starts pouring over the young musician’s head, suddenly joined by a pouring trio of bowienauts!

“Oh shit, sorry mate! Didn’t see you there under all that dirty water, Paul! Good to see you, mate! Oi! Ouch! Hey, I’m a pretty sensitive fella, don’t fall on me like that!”

“Awful sorry, Stevo. I was just doubletiming down that there tunnel and was suddenly swept away by a wall of rushing water with nary a beaver to surf upon and then I suddenly got shot out onto – “

“I say chaps! Look out below!”

The three bowienauts look up and see Archimedes gently wafting to the ground, robes billowing out and parachuting him gently to safety!

“Oh crikey mate! Didn’t you ancient Greeks invent underwear yet? Jesus, mate!”

“Underwear?”

…   …   …   …   …   …

The reunited bowienauts’ gentle banter is interrupted by the violent explosions of rocket propelled grenades shooting off into the sky, echoing loudly above the massed small arms fire. Smoke streaks across the war torn landscape, a hundred plumes of deceptively slow missiles waddling uncertainly towards the sparkling bowiecopter.

A moment of silence descends across the battlefield as one hits its target and the bowiecopter’s tail shatters fragments of bowieminium across the sky.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The silence is burst apart as the neurocomm interlink crackles into startled life inside the bowienauts’ heads! It’s the mellifluous tones of the co-pilot!

“Uh. Bowie? We’ve uh… we’ve taken a hit, over.”

“A hit? While you’re in the ai – Oh, you mean – oh, I see. Does it look bad?”

“Well… we’ve lost rear rotor control, we're down to sequin-level shields, and we’re steadily losing altitude, over.”

“Ok. Well, Vince, you try to bring her down safely. Try and get somewhere near the ground team, man. Marcus, keep those guns spinning dude, and just try to keep Vincey from freaking out, ok? Oh dude. Heavy.”

“Roger that David. Vince, keep breathing man. We can make this. Remember your training. We’re gonna bring this bird down right on top of the ground team and the search and rescue are gonna get us out of here in time for tea and courtesans. Don’t you worry! Hey! Vince! What the blazes man? That’s the only blasted parachute!”

More than a mile away from them, the ground team spy the tiny figure of Vincent van Gogh tumbling out of the bowiecopter with the only parachute!

“Bloody hell David. Vincent’s jumped out the bloody pilot’s seat.  I knew he wasn’t bloody ready. I should’ve listened! I just had too much damn faith in the boy. Oh well. Best land this bloody thing I suppose. David, I’m switching over to the pilot’s seat and I’m taking this baby down! Watch out ground team, you’re about to witness the Pi-“

“Yeah, that’s enough Marcus. Ground team, head directly to the crash site and we’ll get you out of there as soon as we can, over.”

The bowienauts watch in horror as the bowiecopter slowmotions to the ground, crashing with a sickening impact some hundred metres to the north!

“This uh… This is the Magnificent Timelord on the general bowiemergency frequency. All area CSAR units to scramble, destination location Alpha Charlie Zulu. We got a bowiecopter down. I repeat: we got a bowiecopter down, over.”

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty One.
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:24 pm »

"So much for the ride out.  Good thing I can keep you boys just fine in the forest, right?"

Head off to the crash site while staunching the bleeding.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »

To the crash site. Take some distance from the collapsing pyramid. Patch up Paul
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:10:18 am by 10ebbor10 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:26 pm »

"Blast! My injuries..." Paul McCartney felt the pain now that his adrenaline was wearing off. "Archimedes, man, sorry about taking off earlier. Would you be up for patching me up?"

Paul begged for Archimedes to heal him as he walked to the crash site.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

Sequin-level shields. BRILLIANT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »

So many references and awesome things! I'm amazed you can come up with this, it's almost beyond mortal abilities! Where does it all come from?!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2012, 11:45:48 pm »

To the Crash site.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty Two.
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2012, 11:54:10 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN TWENTY TWO

Head off to the crash site while staunching the bleeding.

Somewhere in the depths of China, an overexcited yet hushed voice rings out softly amongst the cacophony of heavily armed communists in the jungle.

“So, what we have here mates is yer atypical nineteenth century American frontiersman heading towards a crash site – this particular specimen is known as a Davy. He’s quite a feisty fella! Alright Davy! How’s it going, mate?”

"So much for the ride out. Good thing I can keep you boys just fine in the forest, right?"

“Er, yeah, nice one, mate.” Stevo turns to his cameraman, speaking directly into the camera. “Now, you might have noticed that this little critter has taken quite a nasty wound to his left arm. You all probably know by now that I have quite a strict policy of non-intervention in the ways of mother nature, unless there’s any croc-wrestlin’ to be done, so we’re just gonna take a back seat here and I’m gonna talk you through what you can see as this magnificent bowienaut struggles vainly to repair his atrocious injury.”

The cameraman zooms in as Davy Crockett takes cover crouching from the ricocheting bullets behind a fallen tree stump, ripping off part of his shirt to fashion a makeshift bandage.

“Now, you can see that the fully grown Davy is gripping the bandage particularly tight between his teeth as he pulls it taut with his remaining arm – terribly wounded frontiersmen tend to do this quite often in the wild, it’s a primitive means of staunching the blood loss. Oh, absolutely gorgeous. Look at that! He’s successfully stopped the flow of blood, and it looks like he’s going for the full fix! Oh, that’s lovely to see. Oh, hang on a sec, mate. Oh, crikey.”

The cameraman briefly switches back to Steve Irwin as he speaks to camera.

“Now, of course, we can’t intervene in this kind of scenario ‘cause we’d be mucking up the course of nature, y’know? But this little ripper seems to be so affected by the blood loss that he isn’t doing this quite right. If he keeps trying to attach the severed limb like that he’s likely to dislocate his shoulder or aggravate the bleeding – or worse! Oh crikey, this is terrible to see, mates! Oh Jesus! Thank God for twentieth century medicine, eh fellas? Thank God we’ve since learnt that brute force isn’t the first method to turn to in the field of limb reattachment, eh?”

...The camera turns back to Davy’s severed arm stump before suddenly slumping to the ground. From off camera comes the sound of violent cameraman retching!

“Oh, crikey! That’s disgusting mate! Oh my God! In all my years of covering the wonders of nature I can’t remember the last time I saw something so repulsive! Oh Jesus, is that his liver?”

New Appendage Acquired! Davy Crockett: Armface!

To the crash site. Take some distance from the collapsing pyramid. Patch up Paul

“Oh dear God… Well fellas, we need some kind of light relief now after that distressing scene, and luckily I’ve got some just for you! This is a real treat! Just take a look at this beauty! I’m gonna see if I can catch up with him and take a closer look!”

The camera pans over to Archimedes of Syracuse sprinting past the stricken Crockett, dodging bursts of enemy fire as he ...carries Paul McCartney into battle over his shoulder. Suddenly Stevo comes into picture as he starts running after the pair, briefly turning to the camera to shout some out of breath instructions over the chatter of automatic rifle fire.

“Come on mate, you’re gonna have to pick that up and get moving flat out like a lizard drinking! Crikey, look at him go! Aw man, that’s just adorable!”

The picture shakes repeatedly as Stevo’s manly legs and khaki boots come in and out of the frame until he finally catches up with the running Greek.

“Alright there, Archimedes! D’you mind if I have a quick word mate? I can’t help but notice you’re carrying some kind of Beatle on yer back there? What’s all that about then, eh?”

“It’s… Paul!” huffs the philosopher. “He’s… terribly wounded, and… asked me to pick him up… Watch out!”

Archimedes dives to the ground as an incoming mortar shell explodes a dozen feet away, accidentally dropping McCartney to the mud.

“Oh blast, sorry Paul. Are you OK?”

Paul begged for Archimedes to heal him as he walked to the crash site.

“Aw man, I hope you at home can appreciate the tender comradeship between these two great heroes, mate! This particular Archimedes here is a great specimen eh, a real gent, crikey!”

...The camera pans over to Paul, lying groaning in pain in the mud.

“No, Archimedes, lad, I said could you patch me up? I’m hurt real bad, I can hardly hold my guitar, man.”

“Oh. I see. I’m sorry, it’s quite hard to hear with all the gunfire. I er… I’ll see what I can do. Sorry about throwing you into the mud, my friend.”

“No, that’s ok mate, thanks. I don’t know how fast I could run with my leg anyway. It feels all, like, fractured and stuff, man.”

“Ok. Well, now, just roll up your sleeve and look away, ok? I’ve got quite an effective traditional ancient Greek folk remedy…”

“Fair dinkum mate, look, I don’t think you can film what’s gonna happen next, fella. Let’s just head on over to the crash site and let the doc do his work, eh?”

Wound Healed! Paul McCartney: Right Arm Unbroken!

To the Crash site.

“Now, see, what we have here…”

“Steve, you used that one last time, mate.”

“Oh, really? Fair dinkum! Crikey, well, let’s start this one again, eh? Ready? Now,” says Steve, turning to face the camera as he prowls carefully through the undergrowth, “What we’ve been tracking down today is one of your run of the mill bowiecopter crash sites. They’re very dangerous if handled incorrectly, especially this particular breed, swarming as it is with over ten thousand communists.”

Stevo breaks off his commentary to look round the camera.

“How’s that? That’s enough variety, eh?”

“Perfect Steve, perf – oh crikey, watch out!”

The camera angle changes abruptly to show a close-to-ground shot of some jungle undergrowth as a loud explosion booms close by.

“Shhh! You don’t wanna make too much noise in this particular kind of situation, mate! Any one of these ten thousand communists could just turn round and kill you at any second, just like that! No mate, we’ve got to approach the crash site with a bit more tact than that, y’know? Oh look, here’s Archimedes and Paul. Hey you two, here, follow me – we’re gonna approach this from a pretty cunning angle, OK? We’re gonna get a brilliant shot out of this, I hope, with the burning crash site and thousands of communists with a nice backdrop of burning pyramid. Now, don’t mess this up ‘cause I don’t think we’ll get a second go at it, OK?”

“Right on Steve. You seen Dav- oh, there you are. You OK Davy? Oh good God, what’s happened to you? Jesus, mate. Oh God, that’s disgusting. Is that your liver?”

“I er… yeah. Sorry. What’s that smell, men? Is that you, Paul?”

“Yeah... that’s me… Archimedes thought it would be a funny idea to p-“

“I DIDN’T! IT’S A WELL KNOWN ANCIENT GREEK FOLK REMEDY! By the gods, it bloody worked, didn’t it?”

“Shhhh! Fellas! Crikey mates, quiet down will you? I just said we’re only gonna get one shot at this take, didn’t I? Fair dinkum fella. Crikey. Come on, let’s go. You rolling now mate?”

...The camera shakes up and down briefly as the cameraman nods his agreement, and then the picture cuts back to Steve Irwin crawling like some kind of Australian tiger through the undergrowth. Strands of fern and tall leaves part one by one as the picture moves forward. Every couple of seconds a bullet zips by, tearing through the greenery.

“Oh, crikey. I… I don’t know if I’ve got the words for this. Blimey, what we have here is not in fact your run of the mill bowienaut holding off a thousand communists through sheer bravery and combat skill! My word, this is something else! Are you filming this? Now, it looks like we’ve come round to the back of the crash site here, and we can’t really quite see what’s going on inside the bowiecopter, but there’s quite clearly several dozen communists prone in this small clearing – I’m not sure how many are hiding in the treeline, mind. I’m not quite sure what weapon the stricken pilot is using now, but every time one of those communists pops his head up he goes straight back flat on the floor.”

As the bowienauts creep forwards in the undergrowth an unceasing hail of bullets flows towards the downed bowiecopter, pinging off the damaged chassis but audibly abating each time a barely visible figure pops his head up from cover.

“Crikey mate,” says Stevo, turning away from the camera to address his fellow bowienauts. “We’ve got to make contact with the pilot and get him out of there! He could be in all sorts of danger right there! Come on, let’s go fellas!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:43:32 pm by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty Two.
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2012, 12:11:27 pm »

Armface... that you can see liver through?  If I keep up this series of rolling either 1 or 6 every time I try to heal myself, I'll have to reclass as Abomination before this RtD is up.  This sounds like a challenge for one of the RtD board's artists.

Is the arm functional?  I seem to have lost my -1 to ranged penalty despite the arm still being fractured.  Also, shouldn't the stump bleeding be gone?

Good God my health status is a clusterfuck.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:34 pm »

I am so tempted to draw Armface.

Paul McCartney attempts to rest up behind tree/foilage cover as his companions be heroes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2012, 12:24:48 pm »

And the catmask, and Miaowskin-facehat, and Boone.  Oh, certainly don't forget Boone.

You know you want to.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »

Man you guys need a doctor, bad...

Also, lol/horror at armface.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »

<DigitalHellhound> Ah, lawas is a comic genius.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

"Cover me, men- I'm going to get him out of trouble."

OHIO LEAP over to the pilot and assist him by rifling away commies.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60