Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 238969 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Five.
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

Watch for flying dinoPANZERs!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2012, 12:02:22 pm »

Pterowaffe!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2012, 12:08:23 pm »

Pterowaffe!
We need Pterodactyls with Balkenkreuz painted on their wings and 20~30 mm cannons.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2012, 12:09:01 pm »

That was horrible.

And I loved it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2012, 12:19:57 pm »

This will be my secondary action.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2012, 03:01:18 am »

We need Pterodactyls with Balkenkreuz painted on their wings and 20~30 mm cannons.

Who needs? The waitlisters? Someone PM me a photoshopped Nazi pterodactyl with 20 blazing 30mm cannons and it's in.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02:42 am »

Nevermind, too hard and the GM is mean.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:40:46 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Six.
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2012, 08:26:47 am »

TURN SIX

Paul, sensing the suicidal results of his companions' actions, throws himself in front of the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER and uses his SPEEDOGUTS to absorb the scary from it!

"Troopers are intimidating. Nazis are scary. Robots are terrifying. Together?” rhetorically asks Paul McCartney, as he dashes out from behind the dinoPANZER into full view of the terrifying NAZI ROBOT TROOPER. ”Well, chaps, I know what I must do!"

...Paul plants his feet firmly on the ground in front of the scary robonazi monster, ripping open his shirt and revealing his bulging speedo-clad six-pack! Streams of horrific SPEEDOPOWER flow forth from McCartney’s guts towards the intimidating trooperbot Nazi, their recoil blasting the Beatle to the floor and their awful terror filling the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER with horrendous and incredible power. The Nazi doubles in size before the horrified and awestruck bowienauts!

Multiply this, fire the solar laser at the Nazibot, followed up by some suppressing fire and an attempt to run away from the soon exploding tank.

”Oh no, not ag-ARG BY THE GODS! That thing must be nearly twenty foot tall!” gasps Archimedes of Syracuse as the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER expands before his eyes, Nazi head and robotic shoulders trooping through the floors and ceilings of the burning apartment block through which he strides.

”Chaps, you need to er… 6 uh… degrees… hypotenuse… Um…” ...he shouts out to his comrades, before dashing over to his solar laser. ...Firing off a blast of undiluted sunray, Archimedes sets the burning apartment block surrounding the Nazi robot on fire!

...He pulls out his submachine gun, letting off a few bursts of suppressing fire as he retreats backwards towards the Bowie drop pod, attempting to put maximum distance between himself and the hopefully soon to be exploding tank!

The robonazi shrugs off the splurge of bullets, but nevertheless appears a little intimidated!

Apply the MIGHTY TEXAS BOOT to the dinoPANZER!  Kick it toward the Robonazi!

"Come on chums, it’s only a twenty foot tall solid steel roboNAZI with laserdeath eyes! I used to strangle them barehanded back on pop’s ranch! Yeah, ranch! Let me take care of this!"

Davy Crockett rolls up his sleeves, and then applies his MIGHTY TEXAS BOOT to the dinoPANZER burning to death in front of him! ...As if struck by a righteous southern meteorite the dinoPANZER launches into the air, trailing a wake of flame behind it. ...Paul McCartney ducks and rolls as the dinoPANZER flies past where his head once used to be, hitting the dirt only just in time to look up and see the ROBOT NAZI TROOPER raise both his solid steel arms to his face in a terrified attempt at self-preservation!

...The ROBOT NAZI TROOPER vanishes in a cloud of flame and mighty explosion as a mushroom cloud of burning dinoPANZER blasts thousands of yards into the night sky! The burning apartment block collapses into a pile of fine dust, powdered communist brick shockwaving through the town square and painting everything within a mile in a light covering of red! Communists everywhere receive a three turn +1 morale bonus! As the smoke clears, nothing is left to be seen except a burning crater, at the bottom of which can be found a pair of smoking steel Nazi boots.

Behind the destroyed building the burning skeletons of half a dozen destroyed dinoPANZERS emerge from the smoke as it clears!

Get that fire outta me hair! Then hide behind some rubble, or something.

Standing in the open between the drop pod and his tank-kicking comrade Crockett, Steve Irwin is too flabbergasted by the amazing destructive power of the Texan boot, and forgets to put out his burning hair! He stands on a piece of nearby rubble to get a better view!

Suddenly a falling piece of robotic Nazi arm descends from the sky, piercing Stevo’s guts!

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Heavy Gut Bleeding!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
+1 Maths bonus to bowienaut attacks. One turn left.
+1 Morale bonus to communists. Two turns left.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Six.
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2012, 08:53:20 am »

We were supposed to be using stealth?

Also, that had a bit more effect than I thought it would.

Perhaps we should withdraw a bit while roboSTALIN approaches?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:59 am »

A nine... It.. its BEAUTIFUL.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2012, 10:09:33 am »

We were supposed to be using stealth?

Also, that had a bit more effect than I thought it would.

Perhaps we should withdraw a bit while roboSTALIN approaches?
Yeah, I think we should. Retreat to me, and hopefully patch up Steve.

Patch up Steve using my medikit, which apparently boomeranged back to me after Toaster used it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2012, 10:11:21 am »

Good plan.

"That was effective."

Retreat back to Archi, helping Paul if he needs it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2012, 11:09:12 am »

Paul also retreats back to archimedes and helps with patching everyone up if he can!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2012, 01:15:01 am »

Retreat to Archimedes!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts at Speedograd. Turn Seven.
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2012, 03:47:40 pm »

TURN SEVEN

Retreat to Archimedes!

In the hellish burning night of the ruined Soviet town square, Archimedes of Syracuse is alarmed. ...There seems to be a burning ball of flame coming towards him at head height!

”Oh, it’s just your burning head, Steve. I must say, that’s quite a relief. For a second I thought we were under attack from burning balls of flame! Ooh – what’s that? Watch out!!”

Archimedes spots something non-burning hurtling towards him at head height. He thrusts out a hand! He catches his medikitarang!

”Gosh!”

Paul also retreats back to Archimedes and helps with patching everyone up if he can!

”Come on Davy, we need to regroup and get back to Stevo. I might have lost a leg, but Stevo’s head’s on fire – we’ve gotta help him!”

...Spotting Stevo’s flaming head bobbing towards Archimedes’ rally point by the drop pod, Paul McCartney retreats back to his companions on one leg!

Retreat back to Archi, helping Paul if he needs it.

"That was effective," notices Davy Crockett astutely, ...before heading over to his regrouping comrades. ”At least Paul seems to be doing ok with his leg…”

Patch up Steve using my medikit, which apparently boomeranged back to me after Toaster used it.

”Gosh!” exclaims Archimedes, ...as he catches his apparently boomerang-enabled Chinese medikit. ”Now, first things first, Steve. We’ve got to extinguish the fire on your head.”

...So saying, Archimedes wraps Stevo’s head in a weighty quantity of bandages, stifling the fire and slaying the flames! Stevo immediately feels quite better!

”Right. Now, I calculate that your heavy blood loss could prove quite fatal if we don’t do something about it,” bedside-manners Archimedes in the orange glow of the still-smouldering speedo remains burning in the square about him and his small band of companions. ”You’ve got this robotic Nazi arm sticking out of one side, and this hideous defilement of a wound on the other. What in the name of the gods happened there, Steve?”

”I… I… Paul won’t tell me, mate. Whatever it was it was so horrible I kind of blacked out for a second there. Crikey! I hope I never remember! The last thing I knew the speedocommunist thrust his groin towards me, and then…” Steve Irwin trails off into silence.

”Well, ok. I can patch this wound up, but I recommend you get professional help when we get back. You know, counselling and stuff. Now, could everyone look away for a second?”

”Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!”

”Right, anyway,” says Archimedes, rearranging his robes. “Last things last. You seem to have a slight trickle of blood coming from this scratch on your ear, my friend. Unfortunately I will have to remove the bandage from your head to get at it. Brace yourself, I’m going to give it a good hard tug.”

”Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcrikeymatewhatthehellwasthat?!”

”Er. Nothing. The operation was a success, Steve! The bleeding has ceased!”

Wound Acquired: Steve Irwin: Right Ear Ripped Off!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
+1 Morale bonus to communists. One turn left.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60