Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (.40.07) Strange Wall Materials bug?  (Read 996 times)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
(.40.07) Strange Wall Materials bug?
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »

Ok, so I downloaded and generated a world in .40.07, and started my normal embark procedure. In the process of putting up my initial wall, my mason decided to just build piece after piece, stopping after a few wall sections were built. I noticed they were strange colors compared to my normal gabbro walls... blue, light grey, and dark grey. I hovered over the strange sections with (k) and got two "clear glass walls" an "unknown material" wall, and a "unknown frozen creature substance" wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone seen this happen yet?

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: (.40.07) Strange Wall Materials bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »

It's this bug.  Looks like fallout from fixing 1091?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:05:28 pm »

Thats what I was leaning towards, very strange bug then.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »

Interesting.  I don't get the color mix on Linux; my walls are 1 tile of the actual build material used (gneiss blocks in my case), followed by N-1 tiles of "Unknown material" or "Unknown material block".  But all tiles are the same color, which is probably why I focused on the number of build materials used, rather than the composition of the resulting walls.  I'm guessing the colors and the interesting materials are only on Windows and/or Mac, and that it's a result of the game using uninitialized memory for the materials.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz