Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: List of Vampire Facts  (Read 93627 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: List of Vampire Facts
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:10 am »

It is a bug, fixed in a next version.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:07 pm »

The next day i checked this thread and, thanks to Kaos's idea decided to duplicate save file to simply check the legends. You see the result in the link.
Glad I helped, I really recommend you to use Legends Viewer, it's way easier to find stuff with the filter criteria and advanced search functions.

Notice that the names in Legends Viewers are the english names, not the dwarven names, you can change the options in DwarfTherapist to show the english names instead for easier identification between applications.

So I did a little bit of !!SCIENCE!! with my vampires :P
I checked my legends (again) and to my surprise the disguised clothier vampire that showed up in my fortress is not 1 of the 3 that were settled in one of my civ's  sites, he belongs to another dwarven civ different than my parent's civ...

Possible Vampire Fact:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also my vampire queen showed up, curiously I was still a barony, haven't reached duchy yet, wasn't being a duchy a requirement for becoming the capital?
When I became a barony, the become capital menu showed up, I only needed to give some offerings, which I gave in the next caravan in  autumn, then a goblin siege showed up in winter (goblin Christmas! yay!) was quite a fun siege:
My vampire queen is identified as vampire but my vampire clothier isn't... how do they get identified as vampires?

Good uses for vampires:

How do they attack?

Stopping an ongoing attack:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:48:55 pm by Kaos »

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

I'm currently playing the corrosion mod, and I just found my first vampire. She killed one of my farmers, earlier in the year. Mind you, considering how the vamp's SKIN HAS BEEN ROTTING for the last several months, I should have known something was up. She also has a ton of jewellery as well, and I only used Legends Viewer just to make sure. Now that I'm sure who it is, I've locked her up and am currently preparing a lovely little room for the damned creature outside of my fort.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »

I only used Legends Viewer just to make sure.
could you please check in legends viewer, her status?

advanced search, historical figures, active interaction contains deity_curse_vampire, filter by race dwarf

In the list you get she'll be using her english real name, you can id her by her first name (I guess you have gone through this already), in the list there's a column called status, where you see values like "wandering, "scouting" or "settled"...

can you check which one she has? and then check her event log, go to the end of it and check the last entry like "settled in" and see if the site is a mountain halls and if it belongs to your parent civ or to another...

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »

-Snip-

Actually as I just found out, she technically wasn't a vampire, but actually an 'infected'. However, the way it works in the corrosion mod, it was like she had become a vampire, except with rotting skin.

In the program I merely went through the event list for my settlement and found the event where my farmer died, and looked up the entity responsible, though the fact that the killer was listed as a hammerman (of which I really only had one) was the last piece of evidence I needed to make the conviction. The 'infected' is now chained in a small 'house' with fortifications for walls, placed right near my entrance. Where she will remain for all eternity.

I really have to thank everyone responsible for this thread however. It really helped a lot in finding the guilty party.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

The chief time tested fail proof method of finding vampires in my fortress so far has been checking their past civilization relationships. Vampires in my fort switched groups many times during their lives.

I'm currently considering wether to use them in a foul piece of machinery to turn the whole fortress into vampires or simply isolate them.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »

I have a vampire who has been locked in her jail cell since being convicted of murder, who has no friends whatsoever, not even a passing acquaintance, who keeps becoming mayor.  I don't recall ever seeing the "so-and-so has been elected mayor", but I might have just missed that.  Is this normal behaviour?  Diplomats leave in disgust because I don't notice who is mayor.  I like the idea of vampires seeking to become nobles, but surely the other dwarfs would object to a dwarf just claiming the position of mayor.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2012, 02:33:01 am »

with the introduction of vampire dorfs I don't feel anymore comfortable in creating single rooms for my dorfs that keep sleeping in the common dormitory in same room of the meeting hall

frankly I don't like this... :(
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2012, 04:37:31 am »

with the introduction of vampire dorfs I don't feel anymore comfortable in creating single rooms for my dorfs that keep sleeping in the common dormitory in same room of the meeting hall

frankly I don't like this... :(

- You can screen your migraints in many ways, I tend to starve/hunger them and check for deities/previous communities.
- There are ways to detect them outside the game, like the special DT version.
- You can turn them off in world generation.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:27 am »

Not sure if this was mentioned but I did have a vampire go into a fel mood while in jail. Nobody untied him so he went berserk where he sat for 5 years. So they do forge artifacts and do go berserk, also retain all vampire features after both.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:51 am »

Yep my vampire went melancholy and rather struggled to actually die. Eventually walked into a minotaur.

P4N1C

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:59 am »

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: Vampires' tiles turn into Ñ and profession has "vampire" added to it when they're feeding?

ALSO: Does anyone know if barrels of blood do anything?! It would be SO NICE if that were a solution to the problem.... so, probably not.... :(

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: Vampires' tiles turn into Ñ and profession has "vampire" added to it when they're feeding?

ALSO: Does anyone know if barrels of blood do anything?! It would be SO NICE if that were a solution to the problem.... so, probably not.... :(
What I've been doing is monitoring my 2 vampires, I usually put them to do some workshop work in a centralized place of my fortress (one I'm looking at most of the time), they spend most of their time working, every once in a while they go on a break, and that's when they attack some sleeping dwarf, I simply let them feed a bit, then order the vampire to station, it ends the attack, (you can let them get the victim to faint or even pale), then I simply cancel the order and they return to work as normal...

I noticed that if I stop the attack too early (before the victim even gets to faint) they stop, go back to work, and after a little while take a new "break" to attack again, by letting them feed a little, they keep working for longer before they need a new "break".

I also noticed that sometimes in the 'u'nits screen, it would say that the vampire is doing some other activity and when you check them with the 'v'iew menu, they are indeed on a "break"... in particular I've noticed this with my queen vampire, she may get the "conduct meeting" in the 'u'nits screen but when I check her 'v'iew menu, she's on a "break"...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »

I think that only happens if a dwarf witnesses the feeding, you can check the justice screen for the accusations and find the vampires this way.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

So I don't know if this has been checked yet, but will vampires feed on other vampires? I recall a situation someone described about a locked away dwarf military squad, so I don't think they will. However, better safe than fun if I turn my entire fort into vamps and watch as they devour each other.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18