Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farmer  (Read 1168 times)

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
Farmer
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:07 pm »

For every dwarf fortress addict here: It seems that possesed farmers may claim magma glass furnances randomly instead of craftsdorf workshop, further !!science!! will be done when he ends mood successfully.
Lets hope...
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:25:09 pm »

A good tip is to give your farmer a single rank in a useful skill that dominates moods (moodable skill).  For example, armorsmithing.  He will quickly make it to legendary farmer either way, but now, if he does go fey, he will be a legendary armorsmith as well, instead of a legendary crap-maker.  I do this with most of my dwarves who dont have moodable skills normally, and who wont be too busy otherwise (my diagnositician for example).

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:20 pm »

This is an artifact glass window made by Urist McFarmer.
It is made of clear raw glass. It menaces with spikes of plump helmet spawn. It hangs with rings of wild strawberry seed.

...That would be one amazing artifact.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:58 pm »

Too bad kobold overran me with ambush while i had no military
WTF?
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:01 pm »

"Farmer" is not a moodable skill, probably what happened is your immigrant farmer was a dabbling glassworker.

Wiki explains all: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Strange_mood

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

A good tip is to give your farmer a single rank in a useful skill that dominates moods (moodable skill).  For example, armorsmithing.  He will quickly make it to legendary farmer either way, but now, if he does go fey, he will be a legendary armorsmith as well, instead of a legendary crap-maker.  I do this with most of my dwarves who dont have moodable skills normally, and who wont be too busy otherwise (my diagnositician for example).

I never thought of that before.  I had a farmer get a mood yesterday and turn out a donkey bone cabinet. 
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.