Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whilst using DFHack object testing arena won't let me create any creature.  (Read 2317 times)

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My list is blank,  I begin with a new adventure character with world.  From here I do 'mode set' then I select '3' which is arena controling.  I press alt+y and then k then c, after this I am given a screen saying 'side' 'abort' and 'f' for filter name.  The name filter doesn't do anything I have tried 'DRAGON' or 'DWARF' 'DW' 'D' nothing happens any one able to help I've looked through the wiki.

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Want to bump, no advice on wiki please help!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

This may be because you're switching game mode. Why not use the "Object Testing Arena" option on the main menu? (I may have read this wrong, but I think you're saying you start in adventurer game mode and switch to object testing arena game mode.)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

oh that's because using dfhack to switch to arena mode reveals that in the other game modes the arena's creature/tree/item list is empty and it requires refilling the arena list with a dfhack script to fix that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh that's because using dfhack to switch to arena mode reveals that in the other game modes the arena's creature/tree/item list is empty and it requires refilling the arena list with a dfhack script to fix that.
Thankyou so much i'm on the brink of working this out is their a link to this script or will I need to learn it?

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't want to be annoying but do you have anymore information on this?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you tried the DFHack script create-unit?

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes although I just want to create simple creatures and information of its use changed between posts and pages on it.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes although I just want to create simple creatures and information of its use changed between posts and pages on it.

In it there is an example of how to populate the arena list, although you have to do it one at a time.

You can also type modtools/create-unit -help in the DFHack command line and you will get the current usage options available. You should be able to do just a modtools/create-unit -race DOG -caste MALE to spawn a male dog

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In it there is an example of how to populate the arena list, although you have to do it one at a time.

You can also type modtools/create-unit -help in the DFHack command line and you will get the current usage options available. You should be able to do just a modtools/create-unit -race DOG -caste MALE to spawn a male dog
Thats alot easier than expected thankyou so much!

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This command didn't work.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did it give you an error? You will need to have the cursor placed on the map somewhere.

PelicanStrapped

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did it give you an error? You will need to have the cursor placed on the map somewhere.
No just ran the command no feed back just like a successful spawn item, Should I be performing the command with l (look) in adventure mode?
Edit - I tried and it crashed?