Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 135521 times)

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »

maybe by transforming the creature into a addamantine
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
form maybe they will be immune. at least they wont die from a fall or slamming into a wall. i do not know how to do this

[edit] on second thought you could make the creature bigger and make his attacks really weak. they should do minimal damage but still push the target back(just an idea might not be possible/work)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:52:11 pm by Lightningy »
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #406 on: December 14, 2015, 11:32:45 pm »

Hey I thought I'd bring this back because of the new emotions tags and whatnot. Might renew intrest.

As a side note: does anyone have a custom weather interaction I can look at? I can't get mine to work despite it mainly being the example.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2015, 12:20:34 am »

Ah yes, and with the new DWF_STRETCH tag we can now make combat spells that work in both fort and adventure mode.

What we really need is a community repository for modded interactions, this thread was never really organized enough...

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2015, 12:30:53 am »

It would be awesome if someone could create a new community spellbook thread dand keep the OP up to date. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:16 am »

Dang, this thread taught me so much. I do agree, someone should create a constantly-updated version. That'll be awesome.... *cough* any takers?

Hey I thought I'd bring this back because of the new emotions tags and whatnot. Might renew intrest.

As a side note: does anyone have a custom weather interaction I can look at? I can't get mine to work despite it mainly being the example.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:CLOUD_COTTON_CANDY]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:GOOD_ONLY]
[IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
[IS_REGION:ANY_TERRAIN]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COTTON_CANDY:WEATHER_CREEPING_DUST]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:MONTHLY]

Ps. You'll have to define COTTON_CANDY as an inorganic obviously.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »

It would be awesome if someone could create a new community spellbook thread dand keep the OP up to date. :)
I don't have a life so I'll get on that.

Got on that
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:12:12 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:43 am »

I am having trouble adding custom interactions - they don't show in arena mode (when I tap through with 'u' to select effect, it doesn't show in the list).

Should custom interactions be in specific text files? Or can I add more text files to the same folder? I feel like I'm missing a step. Do I need to regen a world every time I make a change? Even though I'm only using the arena mode for testing.

I've tried adding this one, in its own interaction_magic.txt file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2016, 03:20:36 am »

Never mind, found the problem. I put my file into /raw/interaction_examples folder instead of /raw/objects

Silly me. Just because vampires and werewolves are in the examples folder, does not mean the game is scanning that folder too.

Duh!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2019, 02:05:08 pm »

sorry for the necro if there is a place for this elsewhere...

I created a few spells for a mod that I am working on and posting here if anyone wants to use them:

Brain Bleed: causes swelling and bleeding in the brain.

Blood Boil: causes extreme pain and fever throughout the body.

Hemorrhage: causes bleeding in the heart.

Spoiler: interaction file (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: creature file (click to show/hide)

edit for balancing
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:50:35 pm by brolol.404 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2019, 05:50:43 pm »

A fine addition to our collection
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 02, 2019, 05:05:59 pm »

Uuuh hi, oh christ I made this thread over 7 years ago... Go back 10 posts or so of mine and it was 2013!? What happened!

Aaaanyway, does anyone want me to update the first post with the contents of this entire thread perchance? I can do it in a few days if there's interest.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:08 pm »

Uuuh hi, oh christ I made this thread over 7 years ago... Go back 10 posts or so of mine and it was 2013!? What happened!

Aaaanyway, does anyone want me to update the first post with the contents of this entire thread perchance? I can do it in a few days if there's interest.

I would be very interested

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »

I would too, as a community resource of feasible tricks I feel is important.

Hmm, I had one possible contribution I can think of. I cant recall who actually posted it, but it works rather well. Can't post actual raws as I'm currently 500 miles from my laptop, but I can describe it;

So, some may already know that probability tags work with body transformations and body transformations are mutually exclusive (I.e. if the creature is already transformed by one effect, a second transformation effect cannot take place until it ends.) As the game reads the syndrome, it's first come first served. So the first transformation to take effect takes priority and that's what the critter transforms into.

You can take advantage of this by stacking multiple transformation effects, all with the same time duration, in the same syndrome, each with a probability of occurring. Only one of them will take effect, whichever one down the list rolls true first. This gives the appearance of a random chance to turn into one of many things. If the final syndrome on the list has a 100% chance to occur, then the syndrome will always do something even if none of the others succeed. If it has a probability too, then the syndrome appears to have a chance to fail to take effect.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #418 on: July 07, 2019, 04:42:17 am »

Hmm, that sounds fun, you could do something like a metamorphosis spell that transforms the user to anything from a dragon to a weasel, depending on their luck. I still assume that the first mentioned transformation is prioritized though, so if you want each of the transformation effects to be equally likely you'd have to do something like:
Effect # Chance of happening
11/20 = 5%
21/19 ≈ 5%
31/18 ≈ 6%
191/2 = 50%
201 = 100%

Also +1 to the first post getting updated with all spells on here.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]