Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 136241 times)

AnnanFay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:27 am »

Manual Were-Transformation and Angel Transformation by ArKFallen - Includes healing and other specials.

Points to the wrong post? And the old post doesn't link to the new post :S

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 09:02:25 am »

Is there any way to make an interaction that GIVES you fireproofedness? I tried [CE_ADD_TAG:FIREIMMUNE_SUPER:START:0], but no luck. Is it something you can't add to a creature for whatever reason?
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:40 am »

Manual Were-Transformation and Angel Transformation by ArKFallen - Includes healing and other specials.
Points to the wrong post? And the old post doesn't link to the new post :S
I fixed it :-[

Is there any way to make an interaction that GIVES you fireproofedness? I tried [CE_ADD_TAG:FIREIMMUNE_SUPER:START:0], but no luck. Is it something you can't add to a creature for whatever reason?
Not unless you transform into a creature that already has it. Unfortunately CE_ADD_TAG is pretty limited at the moment (applicable tags here). It will be added to when Toady has need.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:08 am »

Avatar of Fire- Turns the caster into a man made out of flames...

1.How do I make him stronger? Even those elf herbalists can rip him apart easily. (on the other hand... if he just be faster it would do, now everybody catches up to him ;/)
2.How do I give him ability to wrestle? He can punch and kick but can't grab them ;/
3.Can similar interaction be used to permanently change my followers to something else and keep them as followers?

The first two questions i can`t answer- Well, not wholly. If you want him to be able to wrestle you`ll have to add the [GRASP] Tag to a bodypart.. BUT i haven`t tried modding creature bodies yet, that seems to be tiresome. I simply wanted to try a little polymorphing. I`m fully aware that firemen are pretty weak, after all their body consists of flames.

But i can answer the third question: Yes, yes, that is absolutely possible. ;) I suggest that you look at the healing spells already posted in this thread, they can easily be modded into a permanent transformation.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:53 am »

Not unless you transform into a creature that already has it. Unfortunately CE_ADD_TAG is pretty limited at the moment (applicable tags here). It will be added to when Toady has need.
[/quote]

Damn. There goes my plan to use dragonbreath to torch necromancer's towers... the area's too confined! XD

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 09:10:58 am »

1.How do I make him stronger? Even those elf herbalists can rip him apart easily. (on the other hand... if he just be faster it would do, now everybody catches up to him ;/)
Try giving him [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:100]. That'll make attacks hit him with 100x less force.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 09:17:20 am »

Could you transform into an exact same version but with a body material made out of something with a very high melting point? Would that work? You could hide it being a transformation by using verb like, 'body takes on a fire retardent sheen' or something.

if he just be faster it would do, now everybody catches up to him ;/)

If you add [SPEED:100] to the creature raw they become very fast, don't know if that would help with the fragility or dodging though.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:20 am »

Could you transform into an exact same version but with a body material made out of something with a very high melting point? Would that work? You could hide it being a transformation by using verb like, 'body takes on a fire retardent sheen' or something.

Hmm... come to think of it, I may as well just give myself the ability to temporarily transform into a dragon. I can use the werecreature stuff from earlier in the thread as a starting point, and I'll come back with my finished product when I'm done.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:13 am »

One more time about that Avatar of Fire.
I just don't get it. How does it work, that he can do interactions (jet and fireball) when there is no CAN_DO_INTERACTION in [CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE] what is the key in his RAWs that allows that? ... emm ok now I'm completely lost. Interaction says about transformation: [CE:CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_FIRE:DEFAULT] so how does it know to transform me into [CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE] :D ?

I cannot find in RAWs ELEMENTMAN_FIRE. What is going on?  :(
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »

Hey,

I made something new, loosely based upon my work on golems.

Guilds. You can build a guildhall, and buy (with coins) letters of recommendation/permits for guild membership. Steel coins can buy you a membership in the Legion, golden coins buy you a letter that allows you to join a noble house.

These "guilds" are actually dwarven castes, with higher skill learn rates. Lets say you buy the entry to the smiths guild for your weaponsmith, then he learns 2,5 times as fast in all smithing skills. This is the only change, he will keep all other traits, skills, equipment and so on he had before.

I will post the raws probably tomorrow, after I test everything properly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:28 am »

Here are two simple luck manipulation spells, reverse engineered from the mummy's curse. "Bless" grants allies a temporary and fluctuating boost to skills. In equal 10 x 10 aardvark matches, the blessed team won with two or three survivors every time.  Take that as you will.  "True Strike" is a free action that grants the user a huge boost, but its duration is so short that it will only apply to your very next attack/skill use.  It's for landing that head shot you just gotta land.  Both have to be used by an adventurer, because without better ally-specific usage hints, NPCs will just cast them whenever and at whomever they see.  If you add [CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_FRIEND] to a power, it seems an NPC will only target allies with it, but only outside of combat.

I don't really know how these stack with each other, or with a mummy's curse for that matter, but they can all affect one creature simultaneously.

bless.txt can be whatever

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Interactions (click to show/hide)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2012, 02:39:15 am »

I should probably post this here:

Tags needed to make Kobolds, elves and goblins be eligible to become necromancers
In creature definition:
- [INTELLIGENT] or [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] (needs to be added to kobolds)
- [MAXAGE:minOldAgeDeath:maxOldAgeDeath] (needs to be added to elves and goblins)
In entity definition:
- [RELIGION:PANTHEON] (needs to be added to elves, goblins, and kobolds)
- [WANDERER] (needs to be added to goblins and kobolds)
(results will vary due to chance and species population size.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:45:05 am by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 05:35:46 am »

One more time about that Avatar of Fire.
I just don't get it. How does it work, that he can do interactions (jet and fireball) when there is no CAN_DO_INTERACTION in [CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE] what is the key in his RAWs that allows that? ... emm ok now I'm completely lost. Interaction says about transformation: [CE:CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_FIRE:DEFAULT] so how does it know to transform me into [CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE] :D ?

I cannot find in RAWs ELEMENTMAN_FIRE. What is going on?  :(

OH silly me! I just forgot to change that last line. [CE:CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_FIRE:DEFAULT] should be replaced with [CE:CREATURE:AVATAROF_FIRE:DEFAULT]. For now he would only turn into a fire man.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2012, 07:46:27 am »

This is an interaction to disappear like the squid, but instead of leaving a pool of ink behind, it creates a puff of smoke --a vital skill for any stage magician or ninja.  A stealth skill is required, or it won't do much good.  It leaves soot behind on anyone nearby, and that could have a syndrome tied to it. 

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Material (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2012, 08:06:36 am »

That smoke one is nice; If the a.i uses it properly when it wants to flee one could easily replace the smoke with something detructive, like fire, making it a suicide last resort spell.

/@ Crackle, very nice! I didnt even knew that [CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_FRIEND] exists. Good to know, though it would be wonderful if there was a tag that caused the a.i to cast it on friends while in combat- Then we could create proper a.i supporters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28