Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 135488 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:22 am »

A nice idea by Starmantis. All the communties best working interactions in one place for people to use how they want.

Feel free to start posting. I'll probably make an index at some point.

"Spells":
Various Ice Spells by Gizogin - Some further info and spells given over next few posts.
Manual Were-Transformation and Angel Transformation by ArKFallen - Includes healing and other specials.
Basalisk Stare by Courtesy Arloban
Stealth/Vanish by Teldin
Various Fire Spells by Lordinquisitor

"Secret" Interactions:

"Curse" Interactions:

Other Misc. Interactions:
Golems by Meph
The Fluffball by Grimlocke
Moar Fluffballs! by Gizogin - These things sure are popular.

If anything here seems to be linked wrong, or is otherwise incorrect, drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:27:40 am by EmperorJon »
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:17:17 am »

Awesome!  I have a few spells I've come up with (with quite a lot of help): 

Spoiler: Ice Spike (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arctic Wind (click to show/hide)

Both of these spells require this material:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, for any creature you want to give these spells to (especially the second one), you'll have to add [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL][COLDDAM_POINT:NONE].
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:02:30 am by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:02 pm »

It's be a good idea to point out exactly why you'll need to do that and what it'll cause. I personally know because I saw the discussion you had about frostbite, but... ;)

I'll work on an index!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:11 pm »

It's be a good idea to point out exactly why you'll need to do that and what it'll cause. I personally know because I saw the discussion you had about frostbite, but... ;)

I'll work on an index!

Good point.  For those who weren't following my many struggles with the Arctic Wind spell, here are some key points:
1) It creates a spray of extremely cold liquid
2) This spray has a very short range (2-4 tiles)
3) When you use the spell, some of the liquid will get on you
4) Anything covered in the liquid that does not resist cold will come down with full-body frostbite, in addition to the custom "frostbite" syndrome on the liquid
5) The liquid will evaporate relatively quickly, at which point the (natural) frostbite will stop advancing; generally, this is just after the creature has lost sight due to its eyes being completely frozen

I've been experimenting with a transformation ability to be used as a last-ditch survival mechanism, which will give access to these and other spells.  Unfortunately, if one uses the Arctic Wind spell close to the end of the transformation, not all of the spray will have evaporated, and one's original form will likely be exposed, causing both kinds of frostbite.

Anyway, new spell:
Spoiler: Ice Barrage (click to show/hide)

This one's a lot of fun.  I'm still working on balancing these spells, but Arena mode testing is hilarious.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:38:34 pm »

This thread is a good idea. I hope I can add to it shortly, most likely with an interaction that turns a working dwarf into a rather soul-less golem, used as a war beast. The dwarf sacrifices his life and soul to cast life to the golem. That is the thought behind it. I do hope this is do-able.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »

Posting to watch!

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »

I'm imagining a syndrome/interaction that merely causes the affected creature's blood to transfer the syndrome, and causes some minor bleeding. Sadly, I have no clue how to do so.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:13:00 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:58 pm »

You could turn them into a creature which has the syndrome blood.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 02:25:50 pm »

The ADD_SYNDROME effect could target their blood material, but I have no idea what that would do, if anything.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »

Wouldn't they then not be dwarves/horses/cats/elves/etc?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »

I've got an idea for Alchemy secrets to be passed on like Necromancy. Any chance we could get an interaction or possibly reaction that requires knowledge of the Alchemy secret, and turns lead items into gold (or maybe anything into gold)?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 03:38:56 pm »

Ok, done. Here my results:

Buildings: Golem Forge

Reaction: Forge golem (they are items, this way you can buy them from caravans) and imbue life

Toy:iron golem

Inorganic:Golem_stone

creature:golem

Results: It takes 5 iron to make a golem then a dwarf and a golem to create a living golem pet, out of the dwarf. The dwarf gets transmuted into the golem, he gives his life to give life to the construct. It keeps all skills, looses all its equipment (it is dropped) and counts as pet. Can be trained for war. :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:43:48 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »

I redid a werewolf curse. This version allows you to transform at will after a set amount of time. Thanks to monk and trees for their work with material weaknesses and strengths.
The werewolf is very nearly a carbon-copy of 31's.

The Secret of Rebirth. Allows polymorph healing, true resurrection, and turning into an angry angel. Thanks to Urist Da Vinci for the orginal Resurrection spell.
Spoiler: Secret of Rebirth v1.3 (click to show/hide)

Resurrection now temporarily super slows the resurrected creature. The healing spell(s) now turn you into a custom bird. You can now look at these transformed creatures without crashing the game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:40:44 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28