Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 135507 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 12:50:51 pm »

Four simple fire themed spells for you:

Dragonfire- The most destructive of fire attacks, we all love it, don`t we?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fireball- A single, spammable, ball of fire. Most of the time it deals minor damage.

Jet of Fire- A long stream of fire. Hurts more than a fireball, but much less than Dragonfire.

Avatar of Fire- Turns the caster into a man made out of flames, called an Avatar of Fire. You`ll need to add the "Avatar of Fire" down to your raws, though. (Simply create a new txt. file titled "creature fireavatar" or something and copy&paste the entry below into it.)

The avatar of fire creature

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:10:29 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:25 pm »

Very well done. Does it also work in fortress mode ? I suspect that you'd get a tame pet avatar of fire, instead of a real citizen that can equip gear and join the military.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »

I haven`t tested that yet, since i`m currently toying with the tought of creating several X-Mancers for the adventure mode, allowing a player to collect various different spells. Else i`d create a syndrom which permanently turns the affected into another creature (which would allow some very funny things) but that would make it impossible for the player to learn different secrets i guess.

Hmm.. Well, is it even possible to acquire more than one secret?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:21 pm »

Ok. I was getting at a possible update for dwarven warriors. Find epic fire elemental demon dude, kill him. He has itemcorpse:super special fire gem. The go to custom workshop, and transform you dwarf into "super epic fire warrior" with this fancy gem.

I will do testing I suppose. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »

That sounds like a funny concept, good luck! My avatar of fire is a bit unsuited for that without modifications, though, since i just used the fire man as a base and removed his flame spells. (Since a fireball and a jet are already added through the secret.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 01:16:09 pm »

Well, I dont really believe that burning (and tantruming) dwarves are a great improvement, but I can easily do attribute/skill upgrades for dwarves now. And special effects, like nopain, nostun and so on.

"Touched by armok, our elite hammerlord has been blessed with the berserker rage. None shall withstand his fury, he feels no pain, no exertion, needs no sleep, drink nor food. Beware the day his pet cat dies."

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 07:29:13 pm »

The Fluffball! Cuddly, fluffy, utterly indestructable, now with interactions!

I was going to say something about how similar this is to my own fluffballs, but then I remembered that I based mine off yours in the first place.

Spoiler: MOAR FLUFFINESS (click to show/hide)

They're relevant because they have some neat interactions, which I outlined previously in the thread.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 04:19:20 am »

Updating index now...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 04:58:40 am »

Is it currently possible to do a 'create spawn' effect for creatures?

I might make Shadows and spawn-making Greater Shadows if it's possible.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 05:24:25 am »

***Moved Back***
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:02:28 am by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 06:06:46 am »

Something new:

Sleep- Causes the target to become drowsy, dizzy and unconscious. A very satisfying spell.

Empower- Removes fear, emotion, the ability to feel pain and the need for food and drink from the target. This should obviously be aimed at your followers, turning them into fearless "demi-zombies" that won`t give in to pain or fear and will fight till they die. Can be used on yourself, too.

Now, i could need a little help for my psychomancer, though. The following spells don`t work as intended:

Pain- This spell causes pain in the enemies head and makes him dizzy and nauseous for a short duration. However, somehow the bleeding doesn`t work- Any ideas how to make the head of the target bleed? (Making the brain bleed would be much better. ;) )

Berserk- This Spell doesn`t work at all. It should force the target to become hostile towards everything through the "OPPOSED_TO_LIFE" and "CRAZY" tags, but it doesn`t work.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

The fluffball is a bit buggy.
'aardvark 2 has transformed into a aardvark!'
whut?

Oh god, i sent an entire army of BRONZE COLLOSUS NECROMANCERS to fight them, some died and now its 'bronze statue of fluffball 2'
:3
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:18:58 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 12:28:24 am »

Posting to MAKE LOVE TO THIS THREAD.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 06:40:38 am »

Avatar of Fire- Turns the caster into a man made out of flames...

1.How do I make him stronger? Even those elf herbalists can rip him apart easily. (on the other hand... if he just be faster it would do, now everybody catches up to him ;/)
2.How do I give him ability to wrestle? He can punch and kick but can't grab them ;/
3.Can similar interaction be used to permanently change my followers to something else and keep them as followers?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 08:11:04 am »

Comrade Shook brings goop mines!!

Spoiler: materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: interactions (click to show/hide)

The interactions place a pile of goop where you want it, which will go POOF when people step on it. The unknown goop kind of needs more possible effects, but it works fine for suicide if you swing that way. Drink it in a fight to ensure maximum death, because you'll be unconscious for 100 TU, and horribly debilitated for another 100. Or you could wait really long and have the fatal effects kick in at the 500 TU mark. Oh, and you're not immune, so keep your distance from the poof.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28