Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 283591 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »

How do you get world gen seed for an existing world?
copy the save folder of the world in question.
continue the game (in that copy of the save)
abandon the fortress (of the copy of the save)
start playing that copy of the saved folder, in Legends Mode
press 'p'.  The worldgen parameters will be placed into the DF install directory.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 29, 2012, 12:34:51 am »

Created in DF v0.34.11.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the double-post but here is the seed for the above picture, it is a 257x129 world. Having more than a few rivers changes the topography, but any civilization, savagery, alignment, mineral, etc. do not.

Population Cap and Site set at -1 Uncapped quickly generates one million events. The above seed generates roughly one million also, though over 2,000 years.

If anyone has suggestions on how to generate a good environment or population please return the seeds you used to get them.

Cheers,
:) Snake_Eyes

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »

You want to use the world in the picture, but have lower population, is that the goal?  Is this for Fortress mode or Adventure mode?

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:21 am »

It is for Adventure Mode, I am only learning Fortress Mode to unlock HFS. Currently I am trying to mod some of the raws, so I generate a new world each time I change the raw s.

I would like a world with a lot of creatures to battle in Adventure, but I cant run a world with more than one million events, or twenty thousand units, about half this is optimal.

I am happy with the terrain (it could be better, but it is near perfect) so I am using the terrain parameters, changing temperature and drainage and keeping the same overall formation, because of the feature that looks like a skull.

I am not really sure of the population cap, I recently have been setting it to 1, seems to be working okay, though I do not really know 100% what it does. I would like as many capitals as possible, the dungeons have a good assortment of armour, any way to increase them would be good. The longer the world generation the more quality items there seemed to be.

I would also like to increase the number of creatures as well if possible.

Is there a number to set werecreatures at to generate most of the possible races?

Is there a way to reduce the amount of events and units generated?

Tyvm,
:D Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:33 am »

Sorry for the double post but I have another question,

I want to use the 257x129 world in the picture above for a community game, based on making an Adventure Mode friendly world, like the succession game Museum.

What are the maximum megabeasts, titans, savagery, vampire, werewolves, etc I can have before it slows the computer down too much?

Also how to I optimize creating a large amount of fortresses and and capitals, with a low overall population?

Is there a way to add in additional creatures? Can I do this with a mod?

Thanks again,

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 01, 2012, 04:32:05 am »

Sorry for the double post but I have another question,

I want to use the 257x129 world in the picture above for a community game, based on making an Adventure Mode friendly world, like the succession game Museum.

What are the maximum megabeasts, titans, savagery, vampire, werewolves, etc I can have before it slows the computer down too much?

Also how to I optimize creating a large amount of fortresses and and capitals, with a low overall population?

Is there a way to add in additional creatures? Can I do this with a mod?

Thanks again,

1) Depends on your computer. Having a slow world gen is not a problem since it is only done once.
2) Low population cap after civ creation. High site cap after civ creation. This may mean many sites with low pop, or low sites with regular pop. Depends on your history seed I guess.
3) Yes, there's a forum thread about it in this section. Search for "language and civ creation". I'm not sure.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2012, 04:58:39 am »

If you want tons of fortresses, add [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] to the dwarven, elven, and goblin entities so that they'll build castles. [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] will give you even more sites to poke around in.

Ganegrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 04, 2012, 11:49:23 pm »

Anyone have a line on a good embark or worldgen with embark(s) with the following attributes.  I had a good one a long time ago but lost it in a re-install.

Major river, roughly 7+ tiles wide with FISH.  (This is critical for a megaproject)
High Savagery.
Warmish weather.
Sedimentary zone.
All neighbors: humans, dwarves, elves, gobbos, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 07, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »

So, has anyone found a reliable way to make those flat, "sinkhole" volcano embarks?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 07, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

@Snake, Unsquare worlds, break embark filter.  Filter won't finish its churning goodness, if the world isn't square.  Not like its a great feature, Filter, or that it shows Flux, but...  Its something to consider.  I use it, and rather like rectangular worlds too.  *bonkhead*

@Ganegrei,  Wish I could guarantee fish.  Fishing has been very spotty in all my embarks.  Hard to specify vermin in embark, but sea level might have something to do with it.  Not sure.  World I use for Fortress mode.  Enjoy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No seed, Sorry. 

I don't play adventure mode.  I know of nothing that needs changed from the default advanced worlds for adventure mode gameplay, except for maybe more beasts.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »

Put together this world & embark today, and it seems good enough to share.

3x3 Embark, with a volcano on the surface.  A brook, two biomes (mountain + temperate shrubland).  Dwarves, Humans, Elves and Goblins, generated in vanilla 34.11.

The highlighted embark site features the following:
Sand
5k+ gold
3k+ silver
5k+ magnetite (iron)
110k+ marble (flux)
3 Caverns
67 Z-levels of NON-hollow candy spire

Spoiler: Worldgen (click to show/hide)
Embark

Spoiler: Prospect (click to show/hide)

Populations
Civilized World Population

206 Dwarves
   491 Humans
   433 Elves
   20266 Goblins

Total: 21396

Enjoy!  8)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

Glad to see another player who disables Kobolds in advanced world generation.  Isn't it kind of a shame Observation-Ambush isn't balanced?  They'd be really fun to play vs. if they didn't turn into late game item ninjas.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2012, 06:26:47 am »

So many goblins. How did you get so many goblins?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2012, 10:33:28 am »

Wasn't really trying to have a ton of goblins, but more civs would mean even more of them, if you wanted/needed more.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

How do you "disable kobolds"? Do you remove them from the game?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62