Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 183527 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Signups CLOSED
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »

That's really faulty thinking Dariush.

Patience, young grasshopper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 06:29:43 pm »

That's really faulty thinking Dariush.

ZOMG! Bandwagoning trash! Prepare to die!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:15 am »

In a distant star system, far from Earth, is a gas giant. Around this gas giant are many moons, and around the largest of which is an orbiting Space Station.

You are all captives on this Station, brought here by a group of Xenozoologists for study. Their investigative measures have not always been...gentle. After quite a bit of work and planning, a group of you have managed to escape your cells. You have learned that a small Space Ship is in one of the hangers and should be fully fitted for travel. You just have to get there.

During your flight from the Security Guards, you’ve lost quite a few of the prisoners that started this breakout with you. Just you 14 are left, and at the rate that you’re losing people you’re not sure that you’re going to make it out.

Perhaps if you left someone behind to slow them down that would help? You’d have to vote on it, though, as none of you really want to stay behind.

There is also the concern of Doppelgangers. You know some of the prisoners here were doppelgangers, and the idea of being stuck on a small space ship with those bloodthirsty monsters is more than a bit worrisome. Of course, you’d have to figure out who they are if you’re to leave them behind.

In any case, you still have to traverse 6 sections of the Space Station to get to the Hanger. You’ll have to move quickly if any of you are to escape this nightmare! During each Rest phase you can decide who (if anyone) to leave behind to slow down your chasers. After that, it’ll be time to Run!

Ok, game is starting. Two important things.

First off, we have a Rest Phase and a Run Phase instead of Day and Night. The Rest phase is the Vote phase, while the Run phase involves any special abilities you may have. Functionally very similar to a normal game. However, I will not be locking the thread during the Run phase. You may continue to talk as normal.

Unlike a normal Paranormal, though, PMs between players are not permitted for this game. If you have something to say, it'll have to be in the thread.

You are Resting. The Rest Phase will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - First Rest Phase
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:20 am »

Flandre: In a bastard game, initially are you more concerned with figuring out bastard mechanics or regular scumhunting?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:27 am »

Toaster: How do you think lack of PMs will affect the flow of the game?

ToonyMan: As scum, who would you kill tonight?

Think: Do you think there being six sections to the spaceship is significant?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 02:19:29 am »

Toaster, how important do you think the flavor of the Paranormal series will be in this game?

Bookthras, you won the last Bastard Paranormal. How lucky are you feeling this game?

Imiknorris, judging by the flavor there will likely be alien scientists and doppelgangers to contend with. Do you expect to see any other potentially hostile factions?

Zrk2, are you going to complain about how I tunnel you all the time?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 02:26:13 am »

Book: My initial reading is that the game will last for 6 Run phases, at which point the game will be over.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 02:58:32 am »

Bookthras, you won the last Bastard Paranormal. How lucky are you feeling this game?
Luck is for the unprepared. It's all skill, baby! But I come free of preconceptions; it'll be as it'll be.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:19 am »

Interesting. At first glance, this seems a lot less bastardy than the first one. At first glance, the first one seemed a lot less bastardy than the first one also.

Jim, suppose you're an investigative role, and somebody keeps both roleblocking and protecting you at night. What's your first assumption- that they're doing it for your own good, or to knock out a potential power role? What if they're removing your vote to protect you instead?

Think, why such a technical answer? Do you have a non-initial opinion you're not sharing with us?

TolyK, preferred scumteam? Who here worries you the most and why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 09:23:10 am »

TolyK, preferred scumteam? Who here worries you the most and why?
Uh... hm...
Wanted scumteam: Toaster, Think, Book, Jim, Toony, Irony.
Who worries me: mostly my preferred scumteam :D and Dariush worries me as always. There's also Meph...
Toonyman, do you think that dooplegangers ("scum") are the main concern, or should we be looking out for whoever's following us?
Urist I: Do you think flavor will be a large part? If so, should we flavorclaim?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 09:23:49 am »

Book:
Toaster: How do you think lack of PMs will affect the flow of the game?

I don't think they're heavily utilized in a normal game, but it'll give certain bastards less opportunity to be bastards *cough*.  It'll just have to be something to work with.

What effect will being able to talk at "night" have on the game?

Jim
Toaster, how important do you think the flavor of the Paranormal series will be in this game?

Moderately.  Since it's a bastard, we can't trust everything to match what we would normally see, but it'll certainly be there to provide a talking point.

Irony:  Why so specific a question?

Flandre:  What do you think will happen if all six Run phases are done with and not all the doppelgangers have been removed?

Zrk2:  There was no specific count of doppelgangers given.  What effect do you think that will have on the gameplay?

TolyK:  Why six on the preferred scumteam?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:34 am »

Toaster: I kinda derped on that one, it's a list of folks I'd like to be on a scumteam with, just everyone who would be useful. And we don't know how many on the scumteam there are, do we? Or if there even is one?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:55 am »

Imiknorris, judging by the flavor there will likely be alien scientists and doppelgangers to contend with. Do you expect to see any other potentially hostile factions?
There is a hivemind and an exterminator until proven otherwise.

Urist I: Do you think flavor will be a large part? If so, should we flavorclaim?
There is one important consideration that I can see: My role PM states that I'm fully qualified to pilot the ship that we're running for. Given that that was noted, I'm reasonably certain that not everyone is capable of doing so.

Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.

TolyK: Why are you doubting the existence of a scumteam?

Toaster: It's a bit early to be bandwagoning Flandre, isn't it?

NativeForeigner: If you were an agent, who would you inspect tonight?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:37 am »

Urist I:
There is a hivemind and an exterminator until proven otherwise.

A bit paranoid about third parties, aren't you?

There is one important consideration that I can see: My role PM states that I'm fully qualified to pilot the ship that we're running for. Given that that was noted, I'm reasonably certain that not everyone is capable of doing so.

Everyone: If you can fly the ship, please say so.

Rolefishing.

Toaster: It's a bit early to be bandwagoning Flandre, isn't it?

Two votes does not a bandwagon make.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:54 am »

Think0028:
Flandre: In a bastard game, initially are you more concerned with figuring out bastard mechanics or regular scumhunting?
Unless the bastardry of the game is too great for me to scumhunt and walk straight at the same time, I prioritize the scumhunt. I can't promise that I won't poke a stick at the mechanics every now and again in the sake of interest, though.

Do you think the game will be bastard enough for the mechanics to take priority?

Toaster:
Flandre:  What do you think will happen if all six Run phases are done with and not all the doppelgangers have been removed?
Seeing as how the doppelgangers and the rest of us must have conflicting wincons for their extermination to make sense, I would say that the doppelgangers win exclusively when one boards the ship at game-end.

Do you feel more threatened by doppelgangers, or xenozoologists?

Toonyman: Because of the prevalence of xenozoologists in the flavour as our main antagonists, do you think they will be fashioned differently from ordinary xenozoologists? Why?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63