Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 183469 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:28 am »

Tolyk:
1. True. But it had another aspect to it which I might or might not tell.
2. Why would people kill pilots? What would be a motive?
1. Still hiding stuff, are you?
Nope. It's a psychological aspect, not a mechanics aspect. As in, by seeing who votes for whom I might get some insight. Thanks for ruining that though.
Alright, uh. Full roleclaim.
I'm a dopp that wants at least one guy to make it to the shuttle. I have a protect that I can use... I've noticed an inconsistency, I've PM'd Meph about it.
Don't believe me? Tell me to protect whoever.
So, you said this was your full role claim. Was it, or was it not?
'twas
as for 2: To prevent us from leaving the station, duh.
Obviously. But who wants us to stay on the station other than the captors?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:45 am »

Powder Miner for the same reasons as yesterday.

Since I doubt Meph would simply kill off folk at random, we can safely assume that NF was killed. However, the flavor of kill doesn't look like anything dopps would do, but rather looks like a Warden effect. My opinion is that

Fuck, school. Gotta go, will finish in several hours.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2012, 07:44:06 am »

As promised, I continue:

My opinion is that Tolyk is telling the truth and all dopps here are survivors, but instead we have a single (or maybe several) Wardens who function as scum, regardless of race.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2012, 08:08:45 am »

I'm not sure of the other dopps, though that could be the case.
If anyone else is a dopp please say so.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:10 am »

Toony: Given the NK, wouldn't a backup pilot be more important? Although if I'm lucky the kill's a tech-based ability.

Dariush: Doesn't a psychic warden's power require quite a bit of concentration? Not to mention the obvious giveaways - a candle and chain aren't exactly inconspicuous. How would they block someone while we're all running?

Think: My theory D1 was that the xenos likely had a spy among us - presumably by offering him/her freedom in exchange for thwarting the escape. I was thinking it would likely be an exterminator or similar, but the flavor of the kill doesn't quite agree with that. Maybe a stun orb or something?

TolyK: Me! Protect me!

Jim:
Don't you agree, Shakerag?
Is there something you're claiming?
Nice rolefishing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2012, 09:14:03 am »

Maybe a stun orb or something?
Using your own reasoning, wouldn't that be kinda obvious?

I still think it's some kind of psychics that we need to lynch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:51 am »

Shakerag:
Well, I think it highly unlikely that he had a heart condition or something, so yeah.  Although ... this *is* a bastard mod still, so for all we know he could have been shot by one of our pursuers.

Fair enough.  Unvote.

Urist I is still scum.

Jim:
Don't you agree, Shakerag?

Is there something you're claiming?

Is there something you're fishing?  Your bass voice won't make me flounder- I'd have to be some sort of clown or guppy to fall for that.  You're trouting out the same old lines- tuna or later you'll get someone with that trick, but I won't fall for your magic tricks, Marlin.  That perch you're sitting on won't last if you keep carping away at the same old things.  Cod you be any more obvious?

Think:  Urist I is still scum- I just thought I'd throw out a reaction test to start the day.  Shakerag passed quite well, so moving back to the obvscum.

They're only "safe" in the context of "scummy people who have claimed [in one case, traditionally] non-town friendly roles.  Nice attempt to misrepresent me though, since one post and one reply to a question on it is obviously "being so insistent."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:18 am »

... Toaster.
Check my sig. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Bastard Paranormal 2
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:52 am »

The Vote Tally
Powder Miner: Dariush, Toonyman
Think0028: Bookthras, Think0028
TolyK: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Shakerag
Toonyman: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster

Rest phase ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:18 am »

So, uh.
Who dies? Moi?
I'm not voting anyone unless it's a tie.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:35 am »

Holy shit yes.  Toaster, Dariush, and TolyK are most likely not scum.  Toaster's aim for Urist is great.  Dariush brings up awesome points.  And TolyK is just bad town.

Powder Miner and Urist are totally backing each other with support so they may be scum or a type of monk pilot survivor group.  But I can't say I'm moving my vote from one if them if they're not going to do anything.

Meanwhile this makes Jim and IronyOwl seem more suspicious or maybe they're bad town.  Or have a role that hasn't really been brought up.  Either way I can't really find a reason to pass my vote on them right now.

So yeah, full support for a PM or Urist "lynch" unless they plan on doing something.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

And if you do lynch me, then if Urist I goes down it's probably game over. Why would you lynch me over someone else?

I'll state again that a pilot claim is a flimsy reason to either vote or not vote someone.  We have no roleflips, so we can't tell if Native really was a pilot or not.  Anyone who has claimed pilot could very well have done so with the thought that it would protect them from being lynched/killed.  Furthermore, someone who has claimed they weren't a pilot may actually be one, with the thought that claiming pilot would make them more likely to be NK'd.  And, of course, there may be unclaimed pilots remaining as well. 

tl;dr: anything to do with pilot claiming = WIFOM until we can prove it somehow. 

Having said that, however, Powder Miner is focusing a little too heavily on the whole "look at me, I'm a pilot, why do you want to lynch me" thing, and not much else. 

Toaster: What was your case on Urist I again?  I believe I've made my thoughts clear on the whole pilot thing, but why are you voting a claimed pilot?  What are your thoughts on the whole claiming/not claiming pilot thing and those who have claimed one way or another?

Everyone: Further thoughts on the bastardness?  It seems like it could be the whole "dopps maybepossibly aren't bad, and we need to keep a pilot alive to the end" thing, but that just doesn't feel right.  I'm not sure if I'm looking too hard for bastardness or not hard enough.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:22 pm »

I expect crates of explosive.
Dunno about other bastardness.
Maybe we get weapons or something?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »

Powder Miner:
He's an alien from another civilization,
And you know this how?

Unless he's a xenobiologist, this has been the flavor for them every time- the exterminators from one empire, survivors from another, and anyway why would someone have to capture someone from their own civilization?

(I've been reading the Paranormals, I'm currently up to 7 or so)

Shakerag:
...Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Eh, gonna have to scumhunt but I don't know where to start.

Toony:
 I don't know why Urist has been supporting me, but I haven't given him anything in return. And how are Jim Groovester and IronyOwl suspicious? You explained with no reason whatsoever.

TolyK:
What do you mean you expect crates of explosives? I would expect more alien tech.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »

It's for why they're voting TolyK mainly.  I don't have any exact reasons besides a feeling.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 63