Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread

<< < (266/1264) > >>

greycat:
You can't create soil.  You can't even move soil from undergroud to above-ground.  If your biome has no naturally occurring above-ground soil, then you simply can't do above-ground farming.  ("Mountain" biomes can't do above-ground farm ever, not even if you do have soil, because they are categorized as "freezing" biomes.)

Spinning Welshman:

--- Quote from: Trif on April 16, 2012, 08:50:02 am ---I think the most space for names is on the dwarfs' personal page - you get there with (v) on the dwarf, (z) and (Enter), if I recall correctly. If the name is too long for that, try switching TrueType on with F12 (I haven't tried if that helps) or open up Dwarf Therapist and read it there.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I didn't know about the truetype thing, i'll try that.  :)

knutor:
@shinkunosuna - I'm interested in the answer to this too.  Those traders come with migrants.  And some don't leave the edge, or move inward in a timely manner.  This blocks the rest of the migration, and causes all kinds of refreshing headaches within Therapist.  They are marked as Friendly, and just linger out there, near the piles of Vampire goodies.  They appear to be human, the ones lingering around my fortress.  Game just crashed.  That pointless and vague. 'Windows has closed DF.  A crash occured' error.  *golfclap* for dumbed down tech.  I'm into year 6 of my fortress.

Question: The problem I'm facing tonight, in this fortress is with mass pitting.  The usual method of dumping items and reclaming them out of a goblin cage, troll cage, whatever cage, no longer works.  Does it?  All that sweet goblinite, stripped off the prisoner, goes right into the dump, where it poofs, thanks to this new clothing FIX.  I don't want my goblinite poofing.  How do you get around this problem?  Leave gear and goblinite on the caged baddies?  Then pick it up off their corspe, after tossing them in the pit?  Seems the logical and safe way to recoup items.  Just not as safe as before.  Thanks, Knutor

Jacob/Lee:
Don't ignore Knutor, but I'm wondering if vampires *really* start a tyranny. I have yet to observe this nor read about anyone observing this and it seems like it doesn't actually happen.

Andrew425:
Does anyone know how to unmuddy a floor without rebuilding it?

My hospital got flooded and I managed to drain it except now I have shrubs growing all over

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version