Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 851489 times)

dyllionaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #1335 on: April 16, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

It has to be at least two full Z-levels of water, and I don't have that kind of space  :'(

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:10 am »

I think it counts as stagnant water and unless it's 2 z levels it will be laced with mud. Even if it's not stagnant it will be mud laced water unless the well is deep enough, which is not good for a hospital.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:18 am »

Are building destroyers able to destroy floors?   I have some holes outside which need to be plugged and would prefer not to use walls underground.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 17, 2012, 03:19:05 am »

Floors are safe, like all constructions.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 17, 2012, 03:52:36 am »

Maybe i'm being stupid but i could of sworn this wasn't the case in previous versions:

Every immigrant i get comes with exactly the same attributes:

ie
900 Agility
1250 Analytical
1250 Creativity

and it goes on, every attribute, all the same, for 200+ immigrants and counting.
My initial embark dwarves weren't like this, just anything that has come along since. Babies born at the fort seem to have what i'd call a normal attribute spread.

I could have sworn it wasn't like this in 31.25, but maybe it was?

Edit: forgot to add, this was a 34.06 world, but playing in 34.07 atm.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 17, 2012, 07:27:23 am »

Question: The problem I'm facing tonight, in this fortress is with mass pitting.  The usual method of dumping items and reclaming them out of a goblin cage, troll cage, whatever cage, no longer works.  Does it?

Why wouldn't it?

All that sweet goblinite, stripped off the prisoner, goes right into the dump

There.  You just said it worked.

where it poofs, thanks to this new clothing FIX.

What are you talking about?  When most people say "goblinite" they mean the metal armor and weaponry that the goblins brought, which can be magma-smelted into bars and then smithed into real armor and weapons.

Are you talking about their clothing?  If so, why did you tell your dwarves to dump the gently-used clothing into a refuse stockpile?  If you don't want the clothing to disintegrate, dump it anywhere else.  Like right in front of the cage.  Or in a clothing stockpile.  Or in a random spot next to the dining hall.  Anywhere!
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 17, 2012, 08:48:57 am »

with the latest updates reintroducing the need for clothes, goblinite has expanded to include their socks and such.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Monstahart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 17, 2012, 10:36:52 am »

Newby here, I have two questions.

How can I use animals like Yak and Horses to my advantage (Without Slaughtering).

Secondly, is there a mod or a file I can change that will reduce the amount of migrants I get, or at least make them appear less often, by the time I've finished sorting out skills/names/bedrooms of one lot another lot show up!

Thanks in advance.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 17, 2012, 10:48:40 am »

How can I use animals like Yak and Horses to my advantage (Without Slaughtering).

Milking(cooking/cheese etc) and shearing(thread/clothing etc) in a farmers workshop.

Secondly, is there a mod or a file I can change that will reduce the amount of migrants I get, or at least make them appear less often, by the time I've finished sorting out skills/names/bedrooms of one lot another lot show up!

Thanks in advance.

I think this is currently bugged still and it doesn't respect your hard limit on immigrants.
File:./data/init/d_init.txt POPULATION_CAP
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:51:29 am by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 17, 2012, 10:53:14 am »

You're looking for POPULATION_CAP in the data/init/d_init.txt file.  And the bug in question is #2922.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Monstahart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 17, 2012, 10:56:26 am »

Milking(cooking/cheese etc) and shearing(thread/clothing etc) in a farmers workshop.

Thanks in advance.

I think this is currently bugged still and it doesn't respect your hard limit on immigrants.
File:./data/init/d_init.txt POPULATION_CAP

Thanks, I've been trying to work out what to do with those animals for ages. Thanks for the filename Greycat and Intrinsic. :)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 17, 2012, 11:03:53 am »

while you're in that file, look around it. Another one I highly recommend changing is the max child cap, for example maximum of 50% and 40 concrete will mean only 1/3rd of your population will be a child and never more than 40. It wont stop migrants showing up with children, but it will prevent babies from being born untill some children grow up to adulthood.

ggoDeye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 17, 2012, 02:13:56 pm »

2 questions:

1) any idea why dwarves are not putting rock crafts & food in bins/ barrels? I literally have 50+ unused bins & barrels each. They are not forbidden. The rockcrafts aren't even being taken to a finished goods stockpile, they are all clutter the craftsdwarfs workshop. The dwarves will carry the crafts to the depot for trading. This requires hundreds of trips & manual key pressing.

2) how do I stock a hospital? I have the default limits under zone->H: set hospital information. I have crutches, buckets, & cloth by the dozens but they don't show up in the hospital information.

Also, I have 33/67 dwarfs with all hauling labors enabled.

Edit: just changed my job cancelation setting and realized I'm getting spammed with "cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:06:04 pm by ggoDeye »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:41 pm »

check if you blocked an area, or a tree gre somewhere, if you accidentally removed stairs etc

don't stock hospitals
In the end the doctor will take the closest item to perform the treatment, wherever he is. Stuff stored in the hospital wont matter that much unless you burrow all medical personel

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 17, 2012, 04:13:04 pm »

1) any idea why dwarves are not putting rock crafts & food in bins/ barrels? I literally have 50+ unused bins & barrels each. They are not forbidden. The rockcrafts aren't even being taken to a finished goods stockpile, they are all clutter the craftsdwarfs workshop. The dwarves will carry the crafts to the depot for trading. This requires hundreds of trips & manual key pressing.

(q) the stockpile, make sure bins/barrels are >0.
also make sure the material of the barrel/bin isn't forbidden in the stockpile (s)ettings.
Check burrows.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:14:39 pm by kingubu »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 422