Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread

<< < (269/1264) > >>

greycat:

--- Quote from: knutor on April 16, 2012, 07:08:22 pm ---Question: The problem I'm facing tonight, in this fortress is with mass pitting.  The usual method of dumping items and reclaming them out of a goblin cage, troll cage, whatever cage, no longer works.  Does it?
--- End quote ---

Why wouldn't it?

--- Quote ---All that sweet goblinite, stripped off the prisoner, goes right into the dump
--- End quote ---

There.  You just said it worked.

--- Quote ---where it poofs, thanks to this new clothing FIX.
--- End quote ---

What are you talking about?  When most people say "goblinite" they mean the metal armor and weaponry that the goblins brought, which can be magma-smelted into bars and then smithed into real armor and weapons.

Are you talking about their clothing?  If so, why did you tell your dwarves to dump the gently-used clothing into a refuse stockpile?  If you don't want the clothing to disintegrate, dump it anywhere else.  Like right in front of the cage.  Or in a clothing stockpile.  Or in a random spot next to the dining hall.  Anywhere!

Garath:
with the latest updates reintroducing the need for clothes, goblinite has expanded to include their socks and such.

Monstahart:
Newby here, I have two questions.

How can I use animals like Yak and Horses to my advantage (Without Slaughtering).

Secondly, is there a mod or a file I can change that will reduce the amount of migrants I get, or at least make them appear less often, by the time I've finished sorting out skills/names/bedrooms of one lot another lot show up!

Thanks in advance.

Intrinsic:

--- Quote from: Monstahart on April 17, 2012, 10:36:52 am ---Newby here, I have two questions.

How can I use animals like Yak and Horses to my advantage (Without Slaughtering).
--- End quote ---

Milking(cooking/cheese etc) and shearing(thread/clothing etc) in a farmers workshop.

--- Quote ---Secondly, is there a mod or a file I can change that will reduce the amount of migrants I get, or at least make them appear less often, by the time I've finished sorting out skills/names/bedrooms of one lot another lot show up!

Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

I think this is currently bugged still and it doesn't respect your hard limit on immigrants.
File:./data/init/d_init.txt POPULATION_CAP

greycat:
You're looking for POPULATION_CAP in the data/init/d_init.txt file.  And the bug in question is #2922.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version