Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread

<< < (2/1264) > >>

Pokon:
Are skinless, rotten zombies less powerful/durable than those who have little damage to the body proper?

Stormfeather:

--- Quote from: Farmerbob on February 17, 2012, 08:37:55 pm ---Has anyone tried segregating a vampire into an area where blood barrels are available but booze and victims are not, and see if they will drink it?

--- End quote ---

I don't know, but if anyone does !science on this (or whether they'll drink from barrels of blood at all, even if they're not locked in with them) I'd love to know! It would be a way to have some vampires around without losing important dwarves, anyhow...

knutor:
How do I read the .dat files in this recently created region 2, under init/saves/region2.  Or better yet, where is this exported .xml from Legends being stored?  Trying to troubleshoot, a world gen error that is causing me many rejects.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.  Not sure if older versions had these .dat files in the save folder.  Did they?  I deltree'd my old versions of the game.  Sincerely, Knutor

PS.  Good idea to start this thread.

Farmerbob:
Wasn't my idea, but I thought it was a good idea when I saw it, so I did it :P

knutor:
What's with this No Trade, appearing in the Neighbors window, when choosing a location to embark, never noticed that before.  Ya must TAB to get it to appear, normally that panel shows Temperature and Biome stats, rocks, soil, etc.  Looks something like this:

Dwarf        No Trade
Human      No Trade
Elf            No Trade
Goblin       -----------

I'm thinking I'm too far from a road, but I dunno.  All my Dwarf Civs are clumped in one mtn range there in the central mountain range(left of the black/red areas). All land seems to be attached.  *shrug*  Here is a pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76876257@N03/6894346969/in/photostream/lightbox/

I guess my question is, why doesn't it ever say, "Trade".  Is a --------, okay to embark on, if I want to do some trading?  Thanks, Knutor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version