Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 847238 times)

Stef Hadjukar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:58 am »

My Baron was very upset that I couldn't build him a tomb as opulent, and stayed upset even after I did. Went insane, die. Mean while my fortress became a county, then a duchy, then the captial with the king arriving. I assume that since I don't have a baron anymore I can't get a dungeon master?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:55 am »

Posting to note, glad someone set this up.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 07:31:16 am »

Does caverns water only regenerate if its at the edge?

Also is convicting someone of a crime permanent or can I change it? I convicted my murdered dorf of killing himself :D

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 10:54:43 am »

My Baron was very upset that I couldn't build him a tomb as opulent, and stayed upset even after I did. Went insane, die. Mean while my fortress became a county, then a duchy, then the captial with the king arriving. I assume that since I don't have a baron anymore I can't get a dungeon master?

You can never get a dungeon master at all - even if you still had your Baron.  That bug still hasn't been fixed.

Does caverns water only regenerate if its at the edge?

If a water source (including a cavern lake) touches the map edge, water will flow in from that map edge forever.  If a water source doesn't touch any map edge, then once you've drained it it's gone.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »

Is the susceptibility to disease stuff the dorfs chance of contracting a syndrome?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 12:51:31 pm »

probably also influences chance of infection
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

Susceptibility to disease has a lot to do with how much they'll suffer if they get a disease as well. Some will die of blood loss due to infection, others will recover if they get an infection.

I'm not sure whether it impacts the chances of getting a syndrome, my impression was that syndromes have a 100% catch rate for those exposed, but the resistant probably recover more quickly if the syndrome isn't permanent or terminal.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »

If a human merchant or diplomat turns out to be a vampire... Would (s)he try to feed on your dwarfs? Would your dwarfs kill it?

That's a very good question and something for us to be concerned.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06:07 pm »

I edited the raws for dwarfs to have actual cities and hamlets and also removed the EXOTIC tags from pretty much all animals. Now I'm being offered a whole range of creatures I never saw before when I last did that. Is it because I was lazy and automatically replaced _EXOTIC with " " and it also took the mount exotic tag away?

edit:
will elves bring me tame dragons now?
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »

unrelated question:

sometimes I had new animal groups stop because one or more of the previous wave hadn't quit the map yet. How does that work with Giant sponges, they never leave. Will I see an end to new wildlife because the sponge is still there? I've seen some posts and they seem very hard to kill, lacking blood, internal organs and a nervous system. Only way is to obsidianize? Controlled collapse?

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »

Does anyone know if the no_exotics mod works with this version? Although I'm not looking forward to creating a new world if it does. -_- I'm not generally a big modder, so I don't know if that one breaks with new versions or not, given what it does.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 04:39:15 pm »

Does anyone know if the no_exotics mod works with this version? Although I'm not looking forward to creating a new world if it does. -_- I'm not generally a big modder, so I don't know if that one breaks with new versions or not, given what it does.

From what I know, the tags are the same and if the program just does a find and replace, it should work with the new version.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »

If I embark on a map with saltwater (lets say a saltwater swamp), will all the water be saltwater, including the sub-terranian stuff?

I ask this because I remember an old 40d fort of mine where I was on an ocean. Because there was any saltwater at all, I had to desalinate any water for use, even the stuff from the forest biome on the other side of the map.

I just don't want to go through all that hassle to embark on this site I found. It's perfect for me in every other respect, too...

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 08:53:42 pm »

ok, so in adventure mode its telling me to kill a mastermind in the sewer but it directs me to a floor grate, how do i go down it?
Also, how do you get your followers to eat? they seem to be starving to death.
lastly with necromancy if you bring somthing back to life does it ebcome a follower or what? and do you need to ahve taken reader at the start to get it?

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:53 pm »

Are obsidian Weapons back to functionality or will they still just come out as wooden weapons?

Embark on a giant obsidian layer .)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 422