Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This can only end with ‼Fun‼  (Read 3342 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
This can only end with ‼Fun‼
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:52:34 am »

So, I believe I have a resident Vampire, my first one.  I know this because I always change the names of incoming arrivals to either 'Migrant', 'Recruit', or 'Useless'.  This one, stayed as Administrator, and also has a relatively long list of previous memberships.

So what did I do? I made her my Hammerer.

There has yet to be any crimes in my fortress, but now that I'm at 100 dwarves, I expect some ‼Fun‼ to occur soon.

Also, off subject for vampires, but *Greatly looks forward to the bug fixes Toady has been working on, as wagons are coming back!*

And whats up with all these vampire threads? XD  We need more were-animal threads.. I hope I get some were-animals.. has anyone even encountered any yet in Fortress mode?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:55:51 am by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: This can only end with ‼Fun‼
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:20:12 am »

Yes, but a marksdwarf headshotted it.  It was a real letdown.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:19 am »

Oh there are also a lot of were creature threads, but they follow more along the lines of:
"This thing showed up and ran away!"

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:30:18 am »

Oh there are also a lot of were creature threads, but they follow more along the lines of:
"This thing showed up and ran away!"
Yeah, happened to me with a weredonkey goblin.
"Now you shall know you fear the night!", my foot.  >:(
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:40:56 am »

And whats up with all these vampire threads?
We should have named it Dwarf Fortress: The Saga. Cuz it made everyone talk about vampires. :)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:47 am »

Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 03:09:23 am »

Sigging this
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<