Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mod to put the undead to rest?  (Read 8028 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mod to put the undead to rest?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »

Just a note here: You could make good rains that only appear in good regions, use a custom materials, lets say: "Tears of Angels" and that has a benefitial syndrome, for example more strenght, or speed for everyone that runs into it. no problem
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 12:43:47 am »

Just a note here: You could make good rains that only appear in good regions, use a custom materials, lets say: "Tears of Angels" and that has a benefitial syndrome, for example more strenght, or speed for everyone that runs into it. no problem
That needs to be there.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 01:30:01 am »

that would be fun during sieges in good biomes, you would have to push your soldiers outdoors instead of waiting for the enemy as otherwise only the enemy would have the boon and your dwarfs would be normal.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 02:06:21 am »

Try
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1000:1]

It should make everything do 1000 times the damage to them.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:23 am »

I would not want to be present at a fort under siege during a rain like there. Your dorfs might get the benefit, but surely the elves would as well.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 02:46:56 am »

I would not want to be present at a fort under siege during a rain like there. Your dorfs might get the benefit, but surely the elves would as well.
That's the FUN of it!

Of course, you could make some sort of perverse fort in which your armies wait above-ground while siegers are funneled to attack them through underground tunnels. ...I am kind of tempted to do that.
Soaplent green is goblins!

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »

Haha that would be so fitting. "the blessing of the earth rains down upon the field."

Elves gain tag: made of stone, immortal.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 08:07:59 am »

Haha that would be so fitting. "the blessing of the earth rains down upon the field."

Elves gain tag: made of stone, immortal.
Or, more logically, the rain of boulders would crush the elves.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:48 pm »

It stopped being paralyzed probably because your

[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:30]

is negligble. Change it to something like:

[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:1500:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:500:END:30000]

and it will be permanent, instant full-body paralysis. Also your NOT_LIVING is in the wrong spot. IT tags need to be in the TARGET field (hence IT = interaction target), not in the syndrome. Put [IT_REQUIRES:NOT_LIVING] under [I_TARGET] instead.
Thanks for the help but the animated corpse is just immune to most syndromes and the tags making it so ignore my attempts to remove them.  And I've stopped playing nice with paralysis and am trying to actively kill the thing with syndromes. I'll try a material breath attack as hot as the sun next, but I still can't limit it to the non-living.

a meteor storm every once and a while, and hurricane force winds(dust), along with lightning, wildfires, floods(maybe not). would be good weather to add in, I extracted the inorganics and interactions for weather from the raws, what would be some other good weather
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:13 pm »

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:TURN_UNDEAD]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_REQUIRES:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:undead]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_AGING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOT_LIVING:START:0]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY_ALL:START:2:PEAK:10]

Should only affect most undead.
Removes all the tags that make them undead, most importantly PARALYZEIMMUNE.
A tick later, it causes full body paralysis with no end. If they don't suffocate, they're ripe for the collapsin'. Because it doesn't remove NOT_LIVING, it should prevent later resurrection. But just in case, it also adds the NOT_LIVING tag (which may be redundant).
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 06:10:41 am »

The masterwork mod has a priest that can do this.
Pages: 1 [2]