Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Husk Science: The eternal siege of Voidbreach  (Read 55463 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Husk Science: The eternal siege of Voidbreach
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »

Husks cannot be stunned and they do not breathe.  Dropping them will only cause falling damage and drowning them will only make them slightly more moist when they come to rip you open.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:10 pm »

Update: I unleashed Hell upon the Husks. Guess who's winning......
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06:33 pm »

I'm hoping it's the HFS...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 02:07:09 pm »

Are they fighting each other?  Combat logs plz!

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »

Oh god. Are you getting clown husks?

Also, how do husks compare to thralls? A badly timed cat-thrall just single-handedly crumbled my fort, even though my seven drafted dwarves broke every bone in its body.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 02:08:19 pm »

I'm going out on a limb here and say the husks. They've got lot of resiliency tags on them.

That said: Seriously? Hell itself beaten back by husks. Now there is an enemy worthy of planning your fort around.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

A demon composed of fire set the world aflame and wiped out probably 40% of the smaller husks. Guess we figured out the primary weapon for them. The giant dingo Husks didn't give a fuck. The demons are putting up a good fight, but now that there's no more trees to burn, and the fact that theres more or less constant reinforcements for the Husks...... as of right now the only surviving demons are 5 flying, webshooting pterosaurs, and the aforementioned "Demon of tears" composed of fire. His currently fighting 3 Giant Dingo husks who have a full screen of scars and wounds, and are missing every bit of fat on their bodies.
Oh and Blizzard Spirit in the shape of an aphid. It only has one leg left.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:15:28 pm by Schizotek »
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 02:18:26 pm »

So maybe this would also work as an anti-husk fortress:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are the giant dingo husks on fire at least?
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »

Yeah they are. Looking at its EXTENSIVE list of injuries it appears to be no more than a giant charred and flaming skeleton. I think the demons may win this, if only because of the stupid demon composed of flames. Hes yet to take an injury. All the other demons are horribly mutilated, kept alive only because they're in a sea of webs that the Husks have to claw through to get at.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 02:28:28 pm »

Poor demons, I'm actually sympathizing for an old foe :(

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:23 pm »

:'(
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:37 pm »

So, husks and thralls* (stronger version of husks?) are new HFS? Well, not exactly hidden, but certainly very FUN stuff.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

So, husks and thralls* (stronger version of husks?) are new HFS? Well, not exactly hidden, but certainly very FUN stuff.
I haven't encountered thralls yet, what makes you say they're stronger?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 03:14:01 pm »

What kind of weirdish weather exists? Fog, rain and dust storm? In wich biomes they occur?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:26 pm »

I haven't encountered thralls yet, what makes you say they're stronger?
I seen two reports of cats. Huskified cat was not very big problem, but enthralled cat wiped out young fort alone.

And talking about demons, they barely hold at all only because they cannot be infected.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11