Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 16845 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:23:36 am »

Setting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is how to suggest the starting warlord:

Name: (Simple)
Background: This is important, as this will decide the starting character of the warlord, his/her troop type and number.  No actually taking sides in the inevitable conflict, let's just say that the warlord, at his/her most basic level, is an opportunistic person with some funds and access to troops.  Make up your story from there.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:55:37 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:25:48 am »

Yeah, also, no magic.  At least, not D&D level.  If there's gonna be magic, and the warlord shouldn't be a sorcerer, it should be more like shamanism. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:36:23 am »

Table of Contents ( of sorts ):

Turn 1: Expositiony goodness

Turn 2: Okay, this time we start

Turn 3: I have a pathological need for approval

Turn 4: I really, REALLY apologize. 

Turn 5: Administrative matters

Turn 6: Yeah, you know where I stole that line from

Turn 7: The First Battle

Turn 8: CHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGEEEEE!

Turn 9: I use the word rage a bit too much

Turn 10: Tide turning for dummies

Turn 11: Mid-battle maneuvering

Turn 12: It's really short

Turn 13: I thought this number was supposed to be unlucky...

Turn 14: And it's done

Turn 15: Lousy hunters

Turn 16: Return of the Jedi scouts

Turn 17: Debriefing throughout the ages

Turn 18: They're like some weird reptilian mafia

Turn 19: Adventure time

More updates to come. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:19:03 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:05 am »

Nope

Name: Bart Barian
Background: Umm...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:49 am »

If i'm going to actually have to go with that, I'm the worst GM ever. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:39:11 am »

Name: Thauldar the Mighty
Background: Born from a tribe of ruthless and cruel warriors, he was taught, like everyone else, that true peace can be achieved only through war. His tribe seeks to unify the whole land through war, and become the most powerful force in the continent. When he finished his coming-of-age rites, he immediately sought to wrest control from the previous warlord, and succeeded in doing so. He subjugated and assimilated five tribes since his rule, up to the current year.

The five other tribes he conquered have been stripped of their individuality and practically became the same as his tribe. They are utilized as his soldiers of war, pillaging tribes and villages if they didn't surrender peacefully.

His tribe is also mysogynistic; they disrespect the females of the tribe and make them slaves, doing all the things his tribe needs to do, excluding fighting against enemies. (see Caesar's Legion for inspiration.)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:04 am »

I could make that work...but it seems overpowered to start with Caesar's Legion-esque strength.

I might have to find a plot reason for the numbers of Thauldar's army to be small(er).    Is it okay?  The rest of it is perfectly fine. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

Aye. Just do what you need to do in order to make it balanced.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:49 am »

Maybe a plague of some kind?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:02 am »

Maybe a plague of some kind?

...Are you a mind reader? 

I was hoping you guys could vote on this, it feels...cheaty to just find some excuse myself.  Really, all I'm looking for is a reason to reduce the army to around 1000, 1500 size. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:56 am »

I'm pro plague, mostly because it means the surviving members are somewhat immune.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:18 am »

any more votes? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:50 am »

Give them the green sickness. Or was it gray? Hmm...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:30:59 am »

Let's get started.

The land Tserkov is a dangerous place.  While there were men who were trying to advance the cultures, the arts, most men would prefer banging rocks on the heads of their enemies.  Your original tribe was full of the latter people.  They had refined this art of enemy bashing, and you learned it all.  At 26 years of age, you set out into the world, filled with a sense of destiny, courage, and malevolence. 

At first, your initial campaign was astounding.  With what little troops you had, you defeated larger ( but often poorly led ) armies and warbands.  With a wisdom rare among the so called savages of Tserkov, you realized that it was better to spare and enslave your enemies, instead of just killing them for amusement. 

Beneath that wisdom, however, was a sadistic streak, aimed mostly at women.  It's probably related to some childhood trauma of your mother leaving the clan, with your only sister, but it doesn't really matter now.  In just a few months, you'd crushed 5 tribes, taken their armies, did unspeakable things to their women-folk, and burned their villages.  No more would the petty ties of clan, tribe, or land make any difference.  All would live to serve you.  The rest would die. 

Alas, great success is usually hard to come by without some misfortune.  The heinous lack of medicine and village doctors took it's toll on your men.  A massive plague took hold.  The other, thankful, tribes, proclaimed that it was the punishment of the gods, brought to wreak vengeance upon you for your atrocious deeds.  The gods obviously missed then, for you lived, and so did a number of your men. 

Out of a good 5000 strong men, only 900 men are left.  Surprisingly, a lot of the women survived, about 1500 of them.  No children, but that's never really been a problem.  So you have a small army ( which developed a resistance to the plague ), no headquarters, only the normal supplies, in the middle of wild territory.

This is gonna be fun.

Right now, you're in a forest, your men have set up camp.  It has few defences, chief among them the spikes placed in the ground to prevent cavalry charges (  bonus when attacked by cavalry dominant army ).  To the North is a village, average garrison, actually has less men than you do, men must be off on a raid. 

To the East and West are just unexplored forest.  To the South is unknown, you can send some troops as scouts. 

STATUS
Name: Thauldar the Mighty
Equipment: Iron Sword, Hide shield, Leather ornate armor, Steel helmet.

Army: 900 heavy human infantry ( Status:Perfect )

Other: 1500 camp followers ( women slaves )

6000 rations

Exposition-y

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 10:12:16 am »

Move towards the village with most of your force, sending out small parties to scout ahead, and a few in other directions.  There would be no point in splitting your forces when you have no knowlege of the area and it would weaken all of your forces, so leave only the minimum needed behind at the camp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13