Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 16850 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 10:16:59 am »

Alright...I may be going out for like a day or two, so don't be surprised if I don't make an update tomorrow.  I will not give up on this game. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:05 am »

Move towards the village with most of your force, sending out small parties to scout ahead, and a few in other directions.  There would be no point in splitting your forces when you have no knowlege of the area and it would weaken all of your forces, so leave only the minimum needed behind at the camp.

+1
voice of evil reason

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 10:36:57 am »

First True Turn!

The village seems tasty, doesn't it?  You send 850 troops, leaving only behind a very, very small guard of 50 infantry, to keep the many chained women in their place. 

Ahem, anyway, you try to keep a low profile, but considering you have several hundred big, sweaty men using clanky helmets, shields and armor, it's kinda difficult.  Despite your best efforts, your men are found by scouts, who rush back to their village.  Luckily, your own scouts ( who actually, you know, have metal swords ) literally run them down and execute them. 

You manage to get the army to the village.  It is sound asleep, with only a small guard keeping watch through the night. 

You can:

Just have your men charge in.
Divide your men into various squads and go house by house?
Something else?

I hope NUKE.19 doesn't sue me...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 11:12:58 am »

You're intelligent. Divide the men into squads (large squads, to ensure success), and enter the houses one by one. Loot everything. Execute everyone, but if someone is begging to join, let him kill his own kin. If he does so mercilessly, then add him to your ranks. Spare only a fraction of women and children, and take them back to the camp. As for the guard, send a squad or two and let them take care of the mess.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 11:14:43 am »

^^^
This.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:30 pm »

agreed
voice of evil reason

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »

You're intelligent. Divide the men into squads (large squads, to ensure success), and enter the houses one by one. Loot everything. Execute everyone, but if someone is begging to join, let him kill his own kin. If he does so mercilessly, then add him to your ranks. Spare only a fraction of women and children, and take them back to the camp. As for the guard, send a squad or two and let them take care of the mess.
+1
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 04:56:47 am »

I said I'd be back.

No sense in wasting lives and the element of surprise.  Dividing your 850 strong attack force, into squads of about 20 each, you scour the village.  The guards rush to see what the commotion is, but are instantly charged by two squads that you sent to deal with them.  The guards are 60 to your strike force of 40, but numbers aren't everything.  Superior discipline and weapons win the day, with only 4 casualties.  17 injured guards surrender.

The rest of your squads break in the doors of each house, slaughtering the women who are not of childbearing age, the male children, and the too old.  Only the young men who weren't old enough to go raiding, but are strong enough to hold a sword, are captured.  Unfortunately, many of them rebel. 

The foolish boys throw themselves at your men with nary a thought to their own survival.  They know bravery at least, or maybe stupidity.  They were just unarmed teenagers, none of your men died, or were even gravely injured, but your men kill them too quickly before you can order them to stop.  About 100 adolescent corpses litter the ground.  Only 20 were either cowardly enough, or smart enough, to surrender.  Welp, no point crying about it.

The entire village is brought to heel.  Your scouts tell you of a large number of human tracks going to the north, probably the raiding party that left their village defenseless.  The village itself has little in the way of defenses, your camp was better.  Stupid barbarians.

Total gains:
20 adolescent males.
17 injured adult males ( 2 turns till full recovery, then the "training" can begin )
70 adult women.

2000 rations ( no wonder these people needed to go raiding ).

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not too bad, huh?

Well, what now? 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:07:09 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:05 am »

I can't believe I have to keep bumping this...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 10:57:07 am »

I want in.

split your group into two teams one to loot the village and a second smaller team to rally the fresh slaves and bring them back to camp. Once the looters finish up fall back to camp. Once there send about fifteen of your best trackers East, West, and South with two day survival rations (three groups of five). Also seperate out a large group  to oversee some slave labor and have them begin hacking down some of the trees in your area and using the wood to bolster our fortifications The rest of the men should take a days repose and have their way with our large women stock. When the scouts arrive back with precious information, we plot our next move.

I want high walls and pit falls.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:36 am »

Afterthought,
Do we have any work animals?( Horses, oxen , etc.) Do we have a stable food supply without hunting or gathering? If not, what is our daily deficit and how much food do we have right now?

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »

prepare your defenses back at your camp for the inevitable return of that villages warriors.

this includes ditches to funnel into generalized entrances various other simple things ill let the other voices make up

btw are we ganna make a home base area? or are we ganna be the roving band kind of warlord
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:27:40 pm by yourfears »
voice of evil reason

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »

Afterthought,
Do we have any work animals?( Horses, oxen , etc.) Do we have a stable food supply without hunting or gathering? If not, what is our daily deficit and how much food do we have right now?

The soldiers eat twice a day.  And only one food a day for the slaves.

Yeah, might need some food. 

I'll write up a turn in a few hours. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »

You know what I said about the few hours?  Never mind.

A new day dawns, and the raiding party of the village has not yet returned.  This is good.  They'd probably outnumber your forces, anyway.  It is time to prepare.

You gather 15 strong, young men, whose skills as trackers did not dull when you integrated them into your legions.  Giving them 150 rations, you send 3 groups of 5 of in the Eastern, Northern, and Western directions.  Hopefully this reconnaissance shall prove useful.

Anyway, back to the village.  You gather the women and the potential recruits back to the camp.  It was a good thing, because the barbarian women at the camp began to realize that their captors were only 50 in number.  Had you stayed at the village longer, you could have had a revolt on your hands. 

Standing up on a high stone pedestal that you procured for yourself, you shout to the women-folk to begin chopping some trees.  With what?, they ask.  You tell them to figure it out. 

You did this partly out of a desire to see the women fail, you sadistic jerk.  Amazingly, by using their combined strength, a team of about forty women could tear down a single small tree.  That...is somewhat worrying.  While a few hundred of the women get to work, you set your slightly tired soldiers to..."pacify" the other women.

I won't get too graphic here, let's just say that even if you denied your troops any chance for plunder, or glory, they would still follow you if only for this.  The shrinking morale of the women are palpable.  A dozen or so trees are torn down in the meantime, and your soldiers hack them apart. 

With this new supply of lumber, you set up the foundations for a palisade, interspersed with spikes.  It'll take a while to get it up, but the result will be well worth it. 

Your then order your sated soldiers to begin digging a ditch outside the wooden foundations, enough to stop a bunch of crazy footsoldiers without ladders.  It's somewhat easier work, and your men's loyalty for you has skyrocketed thanks to their misogynistic reward, so they manage to finish it quickly.

So much sexist cruelty...well, what now?

I lathered it on a bit thick, didn't I?  An apology to any female readers. 

Well, the palisade will be done in three turns, the ditch is already done, the scouts will be back in either one or two turns.  A waiting game really, might as well do something productive with the time. 

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:01:06 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 10:39:33 pm »

Make a small team to patrol the walls and forests and tell them to keep keen of any ambush attempts from the warriors of the village we sacked. They should report if they see any activity moving in our direction. Have the rest of the crew continue digging and building. Also find a barbarian woman and ask which of them was the bowyer of the village. If there is no cooperation personally beat her to death and ask the next. Once you find out tell them to begin work on making longbows out of any hardwoods that are dragged back to camp. Tell her every bow must be top quality lest she wants to become the mens appointed f**k toy. Also seek out any of your men with any woodworking tools and have them begin making wooden shields. Nothing to complicated right now, just something big and able to block arrows. Also recommend making it out of two pieces of wood fashioned together at an angle in the middle and then have them painted with a blue sun with a white arrow on iin the centre (your decided symbol unless anyone has any other ideas). Have the shields varnished if possible, and then handed out to your top most fearsome ranks. Tell all the men they should strive to be that thirsty for blood. In the mean time try and have some stone axes knapped so our slaves can take down more than forty people per shrub. We need barren land to build a drinking hall you explain to the ranks.

Can we also get a command structure up and running? I think a leader of manpower (for the brunt of our infantry force) and a leader of information (for our scouts) others will become available as we get heavy armor, cavalry, etc. Maybe not,? I'm fine either way really, but I t might allow more than just arguing over the same one voice. Whatever is easiest.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:46:18 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13