Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 16916 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

I'll keep at it.  First off though, should I change the title to something simpler?  And the "table of contents" on the first page, should I remove it, or what?

I don't really use it, I just flip to the newest post.

The title isn't bad, although you might put in "Join at any time" in there. I think the mere fact it is at page 12 makes people iffy because they don't want to catch up.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2012, 06:29:53 am »

Sorry for the delay

The first day starts uneventfully.  You have already crossed a few miles, gathering food along the way.  Your hunters have the basic knowledge of creating their own stone-tipped arrows, so there's one less supply problem.  Really, the whole thing is almost boring, until you remember that you're fighting cold-blooded guerrillas.

The main body of your force is directly behind you, your hunters however have the responsibility of scouting ahead, for both food and enemies.  Or both, if you enjoy eating reptiles, but let's not get into that.  It's only a few hours until one of the hunters report in. 

"My lord, we have spotted a guard."

"Just one lizard?"

"One lizard next to a pile of wood.  It's armed, but we should kill it easily, sir."

Hmm.  It would make sense for a sentry to have a signal fire ready in case of intruders, but you're close enough to stop the fire from generating too much smoke.  Perhaps the best thing to do is to get a closer look.

Crouching behind a tree, with some hunters to protect you, you take a look at the sentry.  Indeed, there is a lizardman, with a torch next to a pyre.  But the pyre is strange, the wood doesn't look right to make a tall pillar of smoke.  Also, considering the position, the trees would almost completely block the smoke.

You are about to head back when you see the lizardman light the pyre, and a great amount of heat blasts at you, which is impressive, considering you're a few yards away.  But this doesn't make sense, the lizardman didn't see you.  Why would he light the pyre?

...Because the pyre was not for a signal.

Immediately, you hear a cracking, crinkly sound.  You think it's the ground you're stepping on ( which is strangely made up of lots of crushed rock, like gravel ) but the sound comes from next to the pyre.  Suddenly, you see something poking out of the ground. 

With a tremendous crack, whatever creature the thing is awakens, digging it's way out.  It is a large lizard, about the size of the cow, but its limbs are inordinately small, when compared to its body and head.  Four more creatures pop out of the ground, and only then do you see the shattered remains of gigantic eggs hidden beneath the dirt.

The lizardman goes over to the larger creatures and begins feeding the monsters large scraps of meat from a woolen sack. 

The monsters are babies you think to yourself.  The large things can hardly move on their own, except by dragging themselves, but you believe that they'll grow big and strong enough.  These things aren't like cattle, they're definitely meant for killing. 

What are you going to do about the enemy's beasts of war?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, this is getting really cliche.  Beasts of war?  Yeah.  Anyway, what are you gonna do? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2012, 06:18:02 am »

Well, this is dead.  Any comment, or anything, PM me. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]