Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 16908 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 01:24:10 am »

btw are we ganna make a home base area? or are we ganna be the roving band kind of warlord

Depends on what you and the other voters want. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:50 am »

Changed the symbol to a blue sun with a white arrow in the centre. I figured a scorpion was kid of trite. We also need a name besides warband if anyone has any sugestions.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 02:43:31 am »

MOAR VOTES? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:26 am »

Hey NRDL, Do you think you could whip up a map of Tserkov. It doesn't have to be anything to pretty, ust something to give a little perspective. Maybe like an MSpaint sketch or if you can draw and scan it that would be really neat too.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 07:31:24 am »

Changed the symbol to a blue sun with a white arrow in the centre. I figured a scorpion was kid of trite. We also need a name besides warband if anyone has any sugestions.

+1, and as for name... I don't have any ideas right now.

Make a small team to patrol the walls and forests and tell them to keep keen of any ambush attempts from the warriors of the village we sacked. They should report if they see any activity moving in our direction. Have the rest of the crew continue digging and building. Also find a barbarian woman and ask which of them was the bowyer of the village. If there is no cooperation personally beat her to death and ask the next. Once you find out tell them to begin work on making longbows out of any hardwoods that are dragged back to camp. Tell her every bow must be top quality lest she wants to become the mens appointed f**k toy. Also seek out any of your men with any woodworking tools and have them begin making wooden shields. Nothing to complicated right now, just something big and able to block arrows. Also recommend making it out of two pieces of wood fashioned together at an angle in the middle and then have them painted with a blue sun with a white arrow on iin the centre (your decided symbol unless anyone has any other ideas). Have the shields varnished if possible, and then handed out to your top most fearsome ranks. Tell all the men they should strive to be that thirsty for blood. In the mean time try and have some stone axes knapped so our slaves can take down more than forty people per shrub. We need barren land to build a drinking hall you explain to the ranks.

Can we also get a command structure up and running? I think a leader of manpower (for the brunt of our infantry force) and a leader of information (for our scouts) others will become available as we get heavy armor, cavalry, etc. Maybe not,? I'm fine either way really, but I t might allow more than just arguing over the same one voice. Whatever is easiest.

Also this, including the command structure request.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 07:42:00 am »

The grey part are mountains, green is forest, red is lava.  The purple dot is where Thauldar is. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:45 am »

Haha! Okeydoke. Nice place. Is the bright green like savana or farmlands? Also do we have any form of sustainable food, chickens, turkey, really any egg laying fowl? As it stands we only have food for about two days and that is pretty worrisome. If today nothing presents itself I think I will have to halt woodcutting and make the slaves gather from local plants and have our men form hunting parties.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:11 am »

Our full name is Teoxihuitl Tonutiuh Tlacatl (in Nahuatl that means the torquoise sun men) however in laymon people usually reffer to us as the Teoxton (pronounced te-osh-ton) for short. The name is derived from a legend that tells of a civilization that was struck with an awful plague but when all seemed lost and everyone was dying left and right the sun was swallowed up by the gods and blazed indigo for a few moments. In those moments it is said that a light dropped down and indicated those to live (the arrow) and then the sun was reborn. The people indicated lived while the others died. The gods also spared many women and slaves meaning that we must build as well as wage wars to please the gods. They not only hunger for blood but also statues, temples, and offerings.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 08:35:35 am »

Turn.

Dividing up some of your men once more into squads, you order them to stand guard on the outskirts of the camp.  Their job is to watch for an enemy army, any threat really.

Going among the slaves with a small retinue of soldiers, you ask one elder woman which one of them was the bowyer of the village.  With extreme reluctance, the matron tells you of her sister, who is indeed the only woman with knowledge of bow making.  Approaching the extremely big, muscled sister, you order her to begin making longbows.  She staunchly refuses.

Normally, you'd have ordered your men to..."pacify" her, considering how strong she looked, none of your men would probably be brave enough.  So you threaten her sister, the older woman.  This works immediately, and the sister takes some spare lumber and grudgingly begins work.  Everyone has a weak spot. 

Next, to prepare some more equipment.  Shouting to your men who were loitering about, you bark at them to produce some shields, for new recruits.  With absolutely no complaint, they set out on their task.  Brainwashing troops through hellish training does have its benefits.  On a side note, you declare that a few shields must have a blue sun with an arrow on the center.  You're not really sure why, it just seems really cool.  This gets done pretty quickly, and you give the five painted shields to five of your most loyal men.

Now, in Tserkov, it wasn't uncommon for leaders to reward their underlings with a decorated weapon or shield.  But this gives you an idea.  Taking your five newly gifted men aside, you proclaim that each man shall be your lieutenant.  They react expectedly, with thanks and proclamations of fealty.  That should give you some flexibility when leading an army.  Even so, it's never a good idea to give a man more men or resources than you have.  That can only lead to trouble.

Talking to two of your lieutenants, you assign one to be the "High Recruiter", responsible for recruitment, training, and breaking in of new slaves.  The other, your "Spymaster", shall be responsible for intelligence gathering, whether it is reconnaissance or just gathering information from other people.  He seems a bit confused by the latter task, but swears to get right on it. 

Well, that's that.  The palisade continues to be built, and the injured slaves have been taken care of.  Time to give your High Recruiter some on the job training. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thauldar's Legion need food badly. 

Fake edit: Um, circle, that's a nice backstory ( I think ) can you flesh it out a bit please? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:45 am »

Fake edit: Um, circle, that's a nice backstory ( I think ) can you flesh it out a bit please?

What do you mean?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 08:49:46 am »

I mean...I'm having difficulty understanding how that fits with the earlier character.  Any suggestions on how to fit it into the story? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:50 am »

Have the High recruiter break, and begin training the male slaves.

Assign a free leutenant (not the spymaster or high recruiter) to have his squad take up the new bows and go hunting. Promise the one who bags the most kills will be rewarded.

The slaves will be lead around in manageable groups to gather berries, fruits, and any local flora that isn't harmful really.

Command all to, when eating fruit, save the seeds.

Have my scouts returned? What exactly did I loot from that small village besides ragged animal skins and trinkets?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 09:02:17 am »

That isn't the back story. That is the legend of our people. It's just something somebody came up with about the time the plague was wrapping up and everyone was to feverish about then to argue with. Essentually an eclipse happened one day and since the sun came back instead of disappearing, it was decided that those who lived from the plague were the chosen people of the sun. Feel free to change it as you like however.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 09:08:48 am »

That isn't the back story. That is the legend of our people. It's just something somebody came up with about the time the plague was wrapping up and everyone was to feverish about then to argue with. Essentually an eclipse happened one day and since the sun came back instead of disappearing, it was decided that those who lived from the plague were the chosen people of the sun. Feel free to change it as you like however.

When put into that context, it makes sense.  I probably won't make use of it too much, seeing as how Thauldar is probably the only one who knows about it.  Feel free to use it for turns as propaganda or something, but for now, it's not particularly useful. 

Also, how big should the hunting party be?

As for loot, not much.  Some pottery, furs, not really useful, especially in limited number.  Could make great trade goods, but you will definitely need a larger source. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 09:12:53 am »

No need to. Just RPing a bit. Besides it gives them a Causus Beli resembling the mandate of heaven. That seems a bit more interesting than "they have things that we want".

150 men. Have the rest continue outfitting the pre-palisade.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13