Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.02 Released  (Read 71602 times)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.02 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 09:39:26 am »

So, if I made a fort in 34.01, it's certain that the savefile is corrupted?
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 09:43:39 am »

So, if I made a fort in 34.01, it's certain that the savefile is corrupted?

It's very likely corrupted, and to save the tracker managers, myself and most players a continued world of pain, I've disallowed the loading of 0.34.01 saves into 0.34.02 across the board.  I don't like to break save compatibility, and haven't done it often, but I think it is for the best this time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 09:46:11 am »

Toady, are mist thralls working as intended? I can't tell if they're broken impossible to kill or intended impossible to kill. Only in this game could I ask such a question.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 09:47:02 am »

I love you toady. In a no homo way, a bromantic way that the world'll never understand! <3

On topic, feels like other big releases, with these quick, short bugfixes; while this may have made saves corrupt I am still happy, as I just enjoy beta and alpha releases of things like this, and to see the various fixes and issues that arise. Like Giant Mosquitos. Or Dwarves melting in rain.

Mwahaha, I can love him however I want! *flex*

I think my favorite issue so far was tamed fowl laying furniture. :]

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 09:49:47 am »

Oh, out of curiosity;  Does this version fix the bug that makes Vampires refuse custom names and titles?  Unless that's an intentional way of being able to weed them out from the population.  :-\

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 09:58:15 am »

books are suitable for practical use? or they are just like decoration?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:21 am »

Just a quick question, which files did actually change from 34.1 to 34.2 ?

Great to see quietusts work in this :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 10:06:49 am »

Great by the way are giant sponges supposed to get enraged and pull dwarfs into the river?

Well, it's one of the things I know I didn't handle if that counts, he he he.

Toady, are mist thralls working as intended? I can't tell if they're broken impossible to kill or intended impossible to kill. Only in this game could I ask such a question.

They don't collapse, I don't think, so they'd probably need to be beheaded if they have heads or bifurcated and otherwise you are in trouble.  The pulping calls again.

Oh, out of curiosity;  Does this version fix the bug that makes Vampires refuse custom names and titles?  Unless that's an intentional way of being able to weed them out from the population.  :-\

I haven't gotten to that yet, but I am going to go through vampire detection methods at some point here and remove ones I think are too easy/inappropriate.

books are suitable for practical use? or they are just like decoration?

In adventure mode, you can read a book, and sometimes you can even learn things.

Just a quick question, which files did actually change from 34.1 to 34.2 ?

Great to see quietusts work in this :)

What I remember is in file_changes.txt.  Sorting by modified date might work.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:17 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.

For people who are interested:
Dwarf Fortress.exe
Release notes.txt
file changes.txt
c_variation_deafult.txt
creature_domestic.txt
creature_subterranean.txt
creature_standart.txt
creature_tropical_new.txt
language_SYM.txt
inorganic_metal.txt

Edit: In the data folder also:
index
init/interface.txt
help/ a lot of files
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:15:12 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 10:54:43 am »

It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Quote from: thijser
by the way are giant sponges supposed to get enraged and pull dwarfs into the river?

:o
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 11:00:38 am »

I hate to ask Toady but when are we gonna get our beloved Dungeon Master back?

I got 99d20 and a DM ain't one ;_;

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 11:32:38 am »

Damn he works fast.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:02 am »

Don't want a corrupted save file? Make a new folder. Problem solved.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 11:39:12 am »

Thank you for this bugfix release !

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 12:42:58 pm »

A big hug thanks goes to Toady and his brother that works in the shadows ^_^ but also to the other people who has contributed in some / any way !!!

So 2 questions to Toady :

I've lately had some trouble playing the game in ASCII (mostly due to the aftermath of an brain surgery I had in 2010) and to avoid problems (such as seeing horizontal lines for 1/2 hour) I've been enjoying the game with custom Tilesets (mayday and Ironhand) , now recently some of the authors have pointed out that it's getting problematic to continue making tilesets due to the multiple uses certain ASCII characters have such as levers being used for other graphics as well or can be problematic in the map view or inngame txt.
Is it possible to easily improve on this in the future? Like adding a color tag to differentiate between the different type of levers / map type and make it easier for tileset authors to make the appropiate graphic tile for each use?

When are the Dark Fortresses going to appear again for us to explore in Adventure mode? Currently they are on the World map but travelling there reveals normally nothing just like with elven and dwarven towns :*( , I would really love an spaceholder in the meantime instead of emptiness.

Again , thanks a lot for a really good release that seems to be really fun (although I've had no luck in generating a Large world with 1050 years of history , it allways crashes) , I will try to donate some funds to you soon or perhaps try to send you some Nordic Ale (hopefully you do drink alcoholic bewerages? If not it will be something without then I guess :P ).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9