Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World Players (god why am i so bad at titles)  (Read 3244 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: World Players (god why am i so bad at titles)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 06:25:20 pm »

Ooh, I just had another idea.

Have a go-to guy for finding someone. He can be human or just another player, but, You want to meet such-and-such? Need someone who has a special skill or item? Not high enough on the social ladder to talk to these folks? I can help out with that, but you see, it's hard to take the time out of my day, 'cause I've got rent to pay, just lost my job...
Already planned.
That also opens up the whole world of non-players. There could be side stories with an investigator trying to figure something out that's Player related, the toys, servants and employees that Players utilize, and what the social standard for non-Players is. Is it acceptable to love a normal person? Is killing one a crime? Who's allowed to know, and who determines which humans know about Players? Have there been past incidents with Players and people mingling? Are there even laws or standards for these sort of things?
Perhaps I should explain a bit more.

The Players are only really called that for the sake of convenience - only they and whoever they choose to tell know anything about what's going on behind the scenes, and a lot of Players don't even know there are other Players. Non-players are the 'normal' ones, the ones the world is built on, and the Players are basically an unknown variable. There are no special laws for Players or non-Players, because ~99% of the world doesn't even know about Players.

It kind of feels like the Masquerade that vampires have running in World of Darkness, and it could work pretty similarly, depending on how many Players there are.

Also, it'd be awesome to fit Elvis Presley in there some how. He could be a famous musician's homeboy - He gives him/her advice, gets what he wants, and is essentially hiding in plain sight. You could have it so that no one really knows he's a player (If he is one), or he could be the hedonist (Or know the hedonist).
I imagine that there would be a few Flat Whats going around if I bring Elvis in. I must do this.
くコ:彡

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:44 am »

When you do get down to making your first pages, pick an art style that you can make within a reasonable amount of time. If you get bogged down with over detailing you'll just slow down and the comic won't have a uniform style. Don't go for high details if you can't maintain it, especially if you're just starting to learn.

I agree that you should post something in the Engraver's Guild thread. Not necessarily anything from this comic, but anything in general. If you're having problems with shading, texturing, or even drawing figures that thread can give some advice. Expect some harsh constructive criticism if you do post though, it's helpful but harsh.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »

Yeah, my main issue with drawing is that my standards exceed my abilities by an astronomical margin. I'll try and get something together to post.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:46 am »

By the way, this is the format I'm using for the Players, as well as the profile of the one based off my RP character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

One player that I think might be interesting is the following:

The world is quite fine thank you, it is proceeding according to design, but life and growth must be sustained, the world must get past these rough spots and unneeded interference or instability are to be countered when seen, those that say otherwise are being far too short sighted about the greater nature of reality and should be pitied and gently pushed off the posies.

hmmm I dunno just a thought.

Probably would not lend itself well to a consistently encountered character but one that fades in and out or makes cameos around the place.
Pages: 1 [2]