Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!  (Read 36753 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

Is there any way of getting this as a syndrome in murky ponds ala Jusenkyo? "Pool of Drowned Male Werewolf" sounds fun.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »

Great work done here.

I already use a similar system to make Golems out of dwarves, and allowing dwarves to join guilds, boosting ther skill_learn_rates. :)

Just got an idea: Build 1x1 workshop, build it dead center in you refuse stockpile/corpse stockpile. Run a reaction that creates a bioling stone with a resurrecting syndrome, behold your zombie army. Problem while writing this: gas must be breathed in, corpses dont breath, forget about what I said.

Still, custommade dwarf necromancers should be possible.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:55:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »

Just got an idea: Build 1x1 workshop, build it dead center in you refuse stockpile/corpse stockpile. Run a reaction that creates a bioling stone with a resurrecting syndrome, behold your zombie army. Problem while writing this: gas must be breathed in, corpses dont breath, forget about what I said.

You could make a sacrificial pit by having the reaction transform the dwarf into a caste that can raise the dead and stick a severity 10000 necrosis/bleeding syndrome on them with a 60 second delay. Dwarf does the reaction, raises the dead for 60 seconds and then melts.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »

Interesting. The creature did retain its skills after transformation once I replaced the ANIMATE part of the reaction with RESURRECT. It seems animating a dead body prevents the retention of any skills.

Unfortunately, only the animation effect brings the body onto your side, while it immediately attacks you again if revived by resurrection.  :-\

Are you testing it the arena? If you leave the animating creature independent anything they raise will be independent too and thus hostile to them. Hit s or d while creating them to assign them a side.

Also doing some testing it looks like when using the resurrect interaction they will remain hostile unless you add [CE_ADD_TAG:NOTHOUGHT]. They still retain their skills and can learn new ones if they have NOTHOUGHT.

That's exactly what I wanted! NOTHOUGHT it is then. Thanks! :)

Unfortunately, upon testing, it seems that resurrection does not bring the creature on your side if it originally was part of a different side, even with the NOTHOUGHT tag added. However, this may not be a problem with the resurrection itself, but rather with the hard-coded nature of a "team" in arena mode, which gets creatures to fight each other even when their tags (such as NOT_LIVING attacked by OPPOSED_TO_LIFE) would suggest otherwise.

However, animation does switch the sides...but that's something that's probably hardcoded in the ANIMATE interaction. Unfortunately, animation appears to wipe all skills the raised creature used to have as well as prevent the gaining of natural skills if the creature is transformed in the same interaction.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 08:45:54 am »

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I got a resurrected dwarf to switch sides in arena. Could you post the interaction you are using?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:57 am »

Had any one tested transformation with bogeymen?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 10:54:57 am »

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I got a resurrected dwarf to switch sides in arena. Could you post the interaction you are using?

Here's the interaction itself;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the creature interaction;

And here are the tags of the Taken creature;

The transformed creature has the NOTHOUGHT tag (Though even when I added it in the interaction itself the resurrected creature remained hostile). I've also determined it's not the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag as all the creatures have NOT_LIVING.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:05:40 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

I am a bit confused after I did some testing.

I tranformed a dwarf into a creature that has no emotions and no fear. It still flees
I transformed a dwarf into the same creature, then added with ce_add the needed tags manually to it, in the syndrome. This time, the new creature does not flee.

Shouldnt the new creature be a new creature and ignore what it had been in its previous life ? (this is mostly a question about a workaround for unsupported tags, like INTELLIGENT. I cant add it with ce_add, but making a create that is not INTELLIGENT into one with that tag also does not work.)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »

My guess is there are only some tags that are applied when a creature is transformed. Like internally there are some tags that are body specific and some that are soul specific and transform only adds the body tags. I think I will try and peak into the non-compressed save game and see what I can figure out.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »

Is there any way of getting this as a syndrome in murky ponds ala Jusenkyo? "Pool of Drowned Male Werewolf" sounds fun.

If this means 'fall into the pool and you become whatever last fell in', it might be possible to at least fake it. The vampire ineraction example shows symdromes being transfered to affected creature material properties (blood in this case, perhaps other options are possible).

You start with a faux werewolf creature, its biome is murky pool, and it dies the moment the game simulates it in some way that spreads plenty of symdrome-blood or whatnot around. The syndrome should spread to whatever creature falls in there, making them bleed more before transforming.

Whether the affected creatures still retain the syndrome-blood or not I wouldnt know.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »

I am a bit confused after I did some testing.

I tranformed a dwarf into a creature that has no emotions and no fear. It still flees
I transformed a dwarf into the same creature, then added with ce_add the needed tags manually to it, in the syndrome. This time, the new creature does not flee.

Shouldnt the new creature be a new creature and ignore what it had been in its previous life ? (this is mostly a question about a workaround for unsupported tags, like INTELLIGENT. I cant add it with ce_add, but making a create that is not INTELLIGENT into one with that tag also does not work.)

You can't add INTELLIGENT, but you can add/remove CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN, which is functionally equivalent.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

Well, I want the new creature to lose the original name and profession name. If I transform a "UristMcButcher Dwarf the Butcher"  to a golem, I want the golem to be named: "Golem". Not: "UristMcButcher Golem the Butcher" Even a tame/stray golem would be ok.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 02:20:39 pm »

Well, I want the new creature to lose the original name and profession name. If I transform a "UristMcButcher Dwarf the Butcher"  to a golem, I want the golem to be named: "Golem". Not: "UristMcButcher Golem the Butcher" Even a tame/stray golem would be ok.
Whats wrong with a golem being called "the butcher" :P sounds like a badass golem to me. I know my golems get the most fitting names "Twistedmachine the slaughter of joy" was one of the golems I had at one point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

Not custom names after that many kills, thats ok. I mean professions and so on. I could make creature specific profession names, for ALL professions, and just rename them: Silent guardian or something like that. Then I have UristMcDwarf Golem the silent guardian. But thats a stupid workaround, and no solution.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 03:21:29 pm »

Although as far as stupid workarounds go, could you not just rename the profession " " or "Golem" for all of them? What happens if you specify a null profession like ""?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8