Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!  (Read 36728 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 11:50:21 pm »

My guess is there are only some tags that are applied when a creature is transformed. Like internally there are some tags that are body specific and some that are soul specific and transform only adds the body tags. I think I will try and peak into the non-compressed save game and see what I can figure out.

Can you please post the resurrection testing raws that you used for your arena tests? I'm going to see if I can find any specific differences that may lead to the source of the problem.

Thanks!
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:29 am »

Is there any way of getting this as a syndrome in murky ponds ala Jusenkyo? "Pool of Drowned Male Werewolf" sounds fun.

You could actually do this, but not in world gen.  And it would apply to any body of water. 
1>Make a regional interaction that animates corpses with your custom syndrome. 
2>Have it apply to any region, not just evil ones. 
3>Under the the effect add [IE_LOCATION:IN_WATER]
4>kill bandits, and toss them in the water to see if they come back. 

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:02 am »

Can you please post the resurrection testing raws that you used for your arena tests? I'm going to see if I can find any specific differences that may lead to the source of the problem.

Thanks!

Actually I threw them out to work on something else and now I can't get it to work. I have to conclude I probably made a mistake but I am pretty sure I had done it. I'll keep trying later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:08 am »

So I could make a reaction that heals/adds no age, apply it to all water, and play in a world with each pool being a fountain of youth ? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

So I could make a reaction that heals/adds no age, apply it to all water, and play in a world with each pool being a fountain of youth ? :)
Maybe.  We don't know how regions choose what interactions to adopt.  But somewhere in your world, there would maybe be a fountain of youth. There also might be a way to add it to a specific subterranean layer other than HFS. 

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 04:38:24 pm »

If you've played on a terrifying ocean you know how scary a school of fish corpses can be.  Darn bluefin tuna moved as fast as my dwarves.  I would be careful about just designating any water for an interaction.  Were-alligators, toads that become alligators every half-moon.

Now I want to add a rain that seems normal and can happen in good environments that makes everything stronger.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

Does anyone know if there's a utility that can show the exact value of your adventurer's attributes?  I was hoping to do some more precise science regarding how transformations affect attributes, but I need a way to see the exact values, rather than just "average <whatever>" or "very high <whatever>".  I know Runesmith could do this, but it hasn't been updated for the new version yet.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 03:25:56 pm »

I have a questions: How can I transform a hostile creature into a friendly creature ? (even if I have to create a seperate creature file for the friendly version)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:20 pm »

Okay, after another bout of !!Science!!, I've discovered a bit more on attributes and their relationship to transformations.  It seems that when you undergo a transformation, your physical attributes are randomly generated for you new body, but your mental attributes remain the same.  This actually makes a lot of sense, since you have the same soul but a new body.

The part that confused me is that your mental attributes are described in terms of the average of your new species, rather than your original.  Most of my tests were arena-mode humans turning into a custom creature I made.  This creature's focus, willpower, and several other mental stats had a higher average than humans, so whenever the humans transformed, these were always described as low, since they were average for humans.  I originally thought the change was caused by the randomization of their attributes, but it's been consistent for all the transformations I've witnessed.

This also means that my research on attribute gains/losses between forms isn't relevant anymore.  I know now that mental attribute gains/losses are kept between transformations since, but I don't know if physical attribute changes carry over between forms.  I think I'm going to hold off on testing this until Runesmith or another utility is updated for the current version, since the !!science!! will be more accurate if I can see the actual numbers rather than just a high/low/average description.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:13:26 am by RadHazard »
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:38 pm »

Is it possible to turn something into a random caste of the target creature? I'm currently trying this:

Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:50:START:1]
[CE:CREATURE:creature:MALE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:2]
[CE:CREATURE:creature:FEMALE]

And it's not working. I had the start times set the same, but that didn't seem to work either (it just did the second one instead of the first).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »

You have no PROB:## on the second syndrome

EDIT:
Just a guess?

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 08:58:39 pm »

The reason I don't have a probability on the second is that I want there to be a 100% chance that the victim is transformed into the creature.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

Would you need two seperate syndromes?

Material stuff up here
    [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:transform1]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:50:START:0]
    [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:transform2]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »

Hmm. Maybe try having the start times for the different transformations farther apart? There might be some randomization of when a specific transformation starts.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 12:49:01 am »

With the delay, it seems to be consistently giving the first one; without it, it consistently gave the second. Note: this was based on my tests in .34.02; I've recently upgraded to .34.04, which might change future results. Will test when I find the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8