Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!  (Read 36563 times)

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION !!Science!!
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 10:32:01 am »

Maybe some transformation guru can see what I'm doing wrong:

I've got a interaction that transforms a companion into a monstrous creature:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am using a 10 turn transformation for healing and trying to use it on my companion:

Initially I couldn't target the creature with the interaction then I added the general poison class to it. It now shows up as a target but on trying to initiate the interaction it crashes the game. Can anyone spot a tag that is causing the problem? The interaction works on dragons and humans,etc. and the errorlog isn't throwing up anything.  ???

Thanks for any help

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 11:26:33 am »

Will this work as intended:

[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:50:START:0]
      [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:SUPER_MUTANT]
      [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:CENTAUR]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
      [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:CRAZED_CENTAUR]

As in, 50% chance to turn into a super mutant; if not, then 50% chance to turn into a sane centaur; if not, turn into a mad centaur.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:40:19 pm by Valikdu »

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »

Maybe some transformation guru can see what I'm doing wrong:

I've got a interaction that transforms a companion into a monstrous creature:

I am using a 10 turn transformation for healing and trying to use it on my companion:

Initially I couldn't target the creature with the interaction then I added the general poison class to it. It now shows up as a target but on trying to initiate the interaction it crashes the game. Can anyone spot a tag that is causing the problem? The interaction works on dragons and humans,etc. and the errorlog isn't throwing up anything.  ???

Thanks for any help

Hmm, a quick glance doesn't show anything immediately wrong to me.  Is there anything showing up in the errorlog.txt?  Also, can you post the CAN_DO_INTERACTION (or CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION) code that gives your adventurer the regenerate interaction? The problem could be in there.

Will this work as intended:

[CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:SUPER_MUTANT]
      [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:CENTAUR]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
      [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:CRAZED_CENTAUR]

As in, 50% chance to turn into a super mutant; if not, then 50% chance to turn into a sane centaur; if not, turn into a mad centaur.

I'm not actually sure, myself.  I remember someone talking about trying to make transformations with probabilities, but I don't know for sure.  You could test it out in the arena by making a large number of creatures and giving them the syndrome.  I could some tests myself later, but I don't have the time right now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:23:33 pm by RadHazard »
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 02:32:34 pm »

percents work in order, so the second 50% is actually 25% of total or 50% of remaining.  it's not all done at once but i think that so far everyone knows, i just wanted to clarify or resay it in a different way.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »

Hmm, a quick glance doesn't show anything immediately wrong to me.  Is there anything showing up in the errorlog.txt?  Also, can you post the CAN_DO_INTERACTION (or CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION) code that gives your adventurer the regenerate interaction? The problem could be in there.

Thanks for looking  :D - Here's the interaction on the character:

Like I said the interaction didn't pick up the creature as a target until I added the general poison class so I'm wondering if something there contravenes that class (I made the body file custom based on several of the templates from the vanilla body file). The transformation doesn't work on Bronze collosi but I'm guessing that's cause they lack blood and/or organic matter. I'm afraid I can't see anything relative in the errorlog despite it crashing the game.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 05:11:16 pm »

Like I said the interaction didn't pick up the creature as a target until I added the general poison class so I'm wondering if something there contravenes that class (I made the body file custom based on several of the templates from the vanilla body file). The transformation doesn't work on Bronze collosi but I'm guessing that's cause they lack blood and/or organic matter. I'm afraid I can't see anything relative in the errorlog despite it crashing the game.

Is your interaction supposed to turn your companion into a wolf, or the custom creature you made?  I tested it with turning into a wolf, which works fine.  I can't get your custom creature to work, though, as I don't have any of the custom body tokens you've defined.  You did define custom body tokens, right?
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »

I get crashes when I view the description of transformed creatures again...

They weird thing is: Sometime I can view the description, other times not. It is random. By now I added descriptions about everywhere in the creature file, please have a look:

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 05:42:49 pm »

Take the description out of the area that isn't in the caste.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 05:46:57 pm »

Is your interaction supposed to turn your companion into a wolf, or the custom creature you made?  I tested it with turning into a wolf, which works fine.  I can't get your custom creature to work, though, as I don't have any of the custom body tokens you've defined.  You did define custom body tokens, right?

Yes I chose the wolf change because I didn't want the power to be too easy to use and being confined to wolf form for a few turns before you can return to your own form fully healed seemed like a good way to stop it being used too much in the heat of battle. I did use custom body tokens - didn't think they'd have an effect but just in case!

detail plan

body

RE-EDIT

also forgot the materials for the skin layer if your trying to test it out:

material template

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:55:51 pm by spriksprak »

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »

From what I can see on my end, your interaction works fine.  Does the crash happen the moment you use it, or does it happen when you try to view your transformed companion?  There's a known issue with trying to view the description of transformed creatures.

Your monstrous companion creature spawns in the arena fine, but it is giving me some errors in the errorlog.

I believe the BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH error comes from you having these lines:
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]
But your creature has no eyelids.

As for the "Tissue SKIN not found", I looked in your body detail plan, and the skin tissue is based off of a MADNESS_TEMPLATE material, which I don't have.  If you have that material and it doesn't have any errors in it, it should work fine for you.

Other than that, I really couldn't say what might be causing your issue.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »

From what I can see on my end, your interaction works fine.  Does the crash happen the moment you use it, or does it happen when you try to view your transformed companion?  There's a known issue with trying to view the description of transformed creatures.

Your monstrous companion creature spawns in the arena fine, but it is giving me some errors in the errorlog.

I believe the BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH error comes from you having these lines:
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]
But your creature has no eyelids.

As for the "Tissue SKIN not found", I looked in your body detail plan, and the skin tissue is based off of a MADNESS_TEMPLATE material, which I don't have.  If you have that material and it doesn't have any errors in it, it should work fine for you.

Other than that, I really couldn't say what might be causing your issue.

Hmmm yes I edited the eyelids out a few minutes ago (just noticed them myself!) posted the madness template in the above edit if that helps. Thanks for having a look - curiously I've had that bug but got around it by creating the custom body for my creature. The crash happens when I target it with the interaction and press enter. There's a pause and it freezes. One time the interaction worked in that the text flashed up but the creature did not change or transform just stayed the same. Bit of a head scratcher - I'm going to mess around with the tags a bit more but thinking it might not like transforming across from a custom body template to a vanilla one with the general poison class in place?

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 06:48:56 pm »

Hmm, it is causing a crash.  I had misunderstood what you had said earlier, and so I was testing your interaction on human companions.  Testing it on your monstrous companion creature is giving me a crash as well, but I'm not sure why.  I'll have to look into it.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »

odd question...what happens when two dorfs are married and one turns into a say....toad....do they still remained married? have kids? if so...what are the kids?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »

odd question...what happens when two dorfs are married and one turns into a say....toad....do they still remained married? have kids? if so...what are the kids?
The children will be born into whatever Race the Mother is I believe. Altho I've had no "Transformed" births as of yet. So I can't really say anything about it, Only a theory.

Im_Not_Pinkie_Pie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Transformation at will?
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »

Is it even possible to target yourself and successfully land an interaction? I want to be able to have a character choose a "transformation move" and be able to change into another creature whenever they're back in their original form. So far I've gotten as far as simply having the self-targeting be accepted but there's no reaction to the interaction. (I've gone as far as simply copy/pasting the disintegration move.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8