Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Trollery  (Read 6769 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Trollery
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »

So I was crawling around a town after having my back broken by an elephant seal (don't ask) when I decided that I was going to buy a crutch. The first thing that happened when I set foot in the general store was a goblin merchant threatening to kill me. I thought that he was some sort of assassin, and decided that it was time for some assassin outclassin'. He had killed about forty other people, and, being crippled, I blocked the front door with a bonfire and ran. When I came in through the back door, I saw that the two other merchants had beaten him to death. I immediately sold all of his jewelry, except for a masterwork copperhead snake tooth crown, which I decided was badass enough for me to wear. I bought a crutch, and walked to the keep where I saw a very strange sight. There were two humans and a goddamned amphibian man law giver just sitting around. Since the town had an equal number of humans, elves, and dwarves, and even a few animal men, I wasn't surprised until I looked at the names. The amphibian man had a regular name, but the two human's names were written in plain english. They were High Axe and First Light. Upon talking to them, they seemed entirely unremarkable except for their names. The amphibian man, however, proudly boasted about wandering the wilds for six years and killing a whopping 2674 dwarves during that time (and he made an accessory out of each and every one of them). I have decided to call this badass amphibian man Toady One.
If anyone knows why this stuff happens, or has another odd story, please post.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Trollery
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:28 pm »

That's um... probably a vampire just so you know

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »

That's um... probably a vampire just so you know

Exactly my thoughts. Tons of kills + tons of bone jewelry = vampire
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:22 am »

I would suggest getting a few........ A FUCK TON of soldiers and accusing him if he is a vampire..... you are going to need it
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:11 am »

Take on the spawn of Toady.

Pics mandatory.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:49 am »

Thats nothin, here is the avredge day of my adventurer;

Running around like a complete idiot, then BAM, ambush. Run away as fast as i can a my small army gets killed. Trying to get back to town, "You are surrounded by incessant crackling". Fuck. My. Life.

That my friend, is truely being trolled. Also its a shame that your going to have to kill Toady One, as he's a vampire. Edit; Ninja'd
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 01:08:52 am »

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry i couldn't resist doing that

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 02:03:54 am »

...The amphibian man had a regular name, but the two human's names were written in plain english. They were High Axe and First Light. Upon talking to them, they seemed entirely unremarkable except for their names...

The answer for the humans is that they were probably high priests, which gives them randomly generated titles, if I remember correctly.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 09:13:14 am »

Looks like toady outwitted me. Before I knew he was a vampire, he sent me down to the sewers after some outlaw, and I drowned. If he's a godly AMPHIBIAN, he could've just done it himself.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:33 am »

I would suggest getting a few........ A FUCK TON of soldiers and accusing him if he is a vampire..... you are going to need it

With my first vampire I had 2 companions. She was in a house. I accused her of being a vampire, and took an arm off in the first strike. A miner hit her and she dodged. A thresher stabbed her in the back of her left lower leg, tearing the muscle. She punched me, and missed. My crossbow companion fired a bolt straight through her brain. /turn one of combat.

They're hardly that bad. Maybe sometimes they're much worse, I dunno.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:55 am »

With my first vampire I had 2 companions. She was in a house. I accused her of being a vampire, and took an arm off in the first strike. A miner hit her and she dodged. A thresher stabbed her in the back of her left lower leg, tearing the muscle. She punched me, and missed. My crossbow companion fired a bolt straight through her brain. /turn one of combat.

They're hardly that bad. Maybe sometimes they're much worse, I dunno.
Oh, they get worse.
I had one with only 16 kills who I fought until exhaustion, landing only a couple of minor hits. Then she murdered me.
Spines are too fragile.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 09:57:35 am »

...The amphibian man had a regular name, but the two human's names were written in plain english. They were High Axe and First Light. Upon talking to them, they seemed entirely unremarkable except for their names...

The answer for the humans is that they were probably high priests, which gives them randomly generated titles, if I remember correctly.

I once found somebody called 'holy messias' but im not sure if that was a random title.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:43:17 am »

There are now religions in the game whose ranks have titles like that. I had "spring cloud", etc. I even encountered a village full of cultists that attacked me on sight.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:47:42 am »

In keeping with the theme of derailment here I once found a priest whose title was "Floating brain" or something similar. This is before I really knew about the titles, so I got excited into thinking that some freakish race was running a weird cult, until I discovered he was just a human :C

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 01:11:01 pm »

think my first vampire had about 24 dwarf kills and LOADS of bone/tooth/nail jewelry, i stole his shield and sword and cut him in half with them :3

also just be glad you don't gotta go after a bandit or vampire that right after you see them they run off and never return :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:19:50 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.
Pages: [1] 2