Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Bug] Boogeymen and marketplaces  (Read 1831 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Bug] Boogeymen and marketplaces
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:07 am »

... the endless stalls with barrels full of cheese, vegetables, diamonds, leather socks... it all tired him immensely. The sun was already touching the western horizon, so he just laid among the stalls, expecting someone to come over to haggle over the night stay. Surprisingly, nobody came, but all-too-familiar cackling has woken him in the middle of the night. The boogeymen have attacked the sleeping merchants, tearing a few apart and beating the others to death - the rest slept on without stirring. Annoyed, our hero knocked on the door of a nearby house and spent the rest of the night there. One mystery remained unexplained, though - how did the merchants survived all the previous nights?
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug] Boogeymen and marketplaces
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:51:28 pm »

Bogeymen are out there exclusively and only for you. They never appear something else, their only purpose is to kill you when you're alone outside.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:55:21 pm »

yea they are just there to kill you, they will kill other things if they get close to them but there only goal is you, sounds silly to me too i know.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »

Bogeymen are out there exclusively and only for you. They never appear something else, their only purpose is to kill you and any one near you when you're alone outside.
Uhh bogies don't ambush if you have companions, merchants all companion to each other, that doesn't stop some loner sleeping in the open part of town and bringing them back over to them. It's not a bug more so a technicality of a loop hole that allows bogey to have some FUN.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:58:02 pm »

Bogeymen : They know what you did.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:52 pm »

That sounds like a rather good way to get free stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »

Exactly. The way it is now is not consistent. Either they are players personal nightmares that haunt him only when he is alone - and then they should not attack you when sleeping among others. And if they do, why don't they attack the merchants even when you are not there? And if they are your PERSONAL nightmare, why do they kill others?

BTW it is also a bit silly that gems are sold in barrels like fish or vegetables.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:38 am »

Exactly. The way it is now is not consistent. Either they are players personal nightmares that haunt him only when he is alone - and then they should not attack you when sleeping among others. And if they do, why don't they attack the merchants even when you are not there? And if they are your PERSONAL nightmare, why do they kill others?

BTW it is also a bit silly that gems are sold in barrels like fish or vegetables.
one who said bogeymen are personal nightmares of the player? how does personal nightmare lead to getting stabbed, let alone every one talking about it and warning you about it also.
Their a supernatural force that work under strict supernatural rules lay downed by the Toad god. the only way the personal nightmare reason would work is if someone beg the Toad god to take physical beings that raid the land at night on lonely adventurers to personally just mind screw with lonely adventurers.

hell with slight modding and research bogeymen are nothing more than random genned sentient(they can talk and willingly join you on adventurers) mini creatures that spawn when an adventurer is alone(or feels alone) pretty much every time an adventure survives a night he murders over 100 living beings.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

ive also had boogies attack me in the middle of town....  well  they started to attack me, but then they saw the farmers and such who were chasing me out of town for sucking some blood.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time