Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 46214 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »

I think the problem currently is that we have no damn clue what to do, thus we also don't care. (Edit: Ninja'd)

But I'd be fine with a new world if: 1: All current players are transferred, and 2: I still get to be a half dragon dood.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2012, 10:22:18 pm »

Agree with Tarran 100%, although I'm not sure if I'd keep Athara. She's all right, but I'm not sure if she's a character I want to keep playing, if you know what I mean. :\

QUICKEDIT: What about something like Medieval? Not necessarily in mechanics, but in how players and quests and whatnot are handled?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

I had no idea what to do, to say the truth. Focusing our attacks on the most deadly opponent looked like the best chance, and they forgot to give us a detailed map, or at least any markable route.

I'm surely keeping this character, but changing the magic. This was a good world you made, Irony, but I think the effectivity of AoE spells should be lessened. Both for caster and receiver.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2012, 03:21:25 am »

Yeah, the mages were supposed to be borderline incompetent and thus vague, but that just meant you didn't know, care, or have any way of finding out anything about anything. The end result was sort of a halfhearted railroad.

Anyway, if I was to restart/start over with this it'd be a completely different game, not just "this but different setting." Porting over characters might not be out of the question, I guess, though I'm not sure how I'd do that fluffwise.

Not familiar with Medieval. What I had intended was vaguely Skyrim-ish, in that there's a map with several cities/baronies/kingdoms/etc, maybe some smaller towns, probably specific biomes/regions, and then a lot of assumed stuff you can find in the wilderness. Then there'd be several major, obvious questlines (demons invading, civil war, dire prophecy), factions and forces to interact with (Cult of X, City of Y, Mercenary Company Z), and a lot of assumed interactions and opportunities and such (a trading city probably has need of caravan guards, a city likely gets waylayable food shipments from someplace, rival cities would probably love to interfere with each other). I was even thinking of using that Invent-A-Region idea that seemed so popular in my very short-lived Tainted Power RTD.

Ideally, the end result would be something open-ended but coherent, in that players could just follow along a quest or something until they noticed an opportunity they liked better.

Of course, there's also the issue of being distracted by other ideas. I do like mage RTDs, but there's other things I've been considering as well. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 25, 2012, 03:44:19 am »

Hell, sounds good to me. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:56 am »

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 25, 2012, 04:20:43 am »

Hm. Alright then.

The other problem, of course, is that this will take a bit of work to actually set up, so even if I don't get distracted by ideas for something completely different, it'll take a little bit to start up.

In the meantime, further suggestions or comments are welcome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 25, 2012, 04:27:35 am »

Make sure that you put in everything about the kingdoms that you want to put in before you start up. It's been around six months since I started making kingdoms in my RTD and they're not even nearly done. Then again, I am a serious procrastinator...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]