Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Third Age: Total War + Samedi's Mod

(1/3) > >>

MorleyDev:

Decay spreads over the lands of men, and the dark lord Sauron has risen once again and is extending his hand out to dominate the free peoples of Middle Earth. Saruman the Wise has become Saruman of Many Colours, and is breeding an army of vile Uruk-hai in the depths of Isengard. The Orcs of the Misty Mountains and Gundabad have heard the calls and risen up to swarm out of their mountains in conquest. The Sauron-worshipping peoples of Harad and Rhûn are marching on their ancient enemies in the east.

The days of the Last Alliance are forgotten by all but a few, and the third age draws to an end. Dwarves hide in their mountains, greedy for gold and uncaring of the troubles of others. Men are weak, scattered, divided, leaderless, all pride and dignity forgotten. As for the elves? The time of the elves is over, they are leaving these lands for the undying shores. Do they leave middle earth to it’s fate? The other races stand on the precipice of doom, do they stand alone?

YouTube Playlist
Episode 1 (55:30)
Episode 2 (22:29)
Episode 3 (28:37)
Episode 4 (39:37)
Episode 5 (20:29)
Episode 6 (48:56)
Episode 7 (33:50)
Episode 8 (23:17)
Episode 9 (20:40)
Episode 10 (30:48)

Base game:
Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms

Mods used:
Third Age: Total War
Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods 5.0
Archer Accuracy Submod 2.11
Expanded Map Mod 3.1

Sorry about the ads that occasionally appear. They are not my own monetisation. They are a result of Third Age: Total War using music from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, which is detected by YouTube.

Zrk2:
And here I almost started a LP, now we have five or six on the way.

Delta Foxtrot:
Good voice for a youtube LP. I remember trying this mod when it first came out. Agh, too many placeholders and could have certainly used a few submods. I'm pretty sure it's much better these days. I'm up to second video now. But tell me, are there much placeholders left?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Fourth Age and EB, but I've come to expect (decent) original voice acting from the bigger mods. Getting the vanilla MIGHTY SULTAN! shout in the middle of my LOTR fantasies tends to break the immersion a bit.

--- Quote from: TheMotleyBrit ---MORE BANDITS THAN TREES, 'TIS HORRIBLE!
--- End quote ---
haha. I'm generally not a fan of video LP's, but you're pretty fun.

Zrk2:
I like the accent. It's almost as fun as Stworca's.

MorleyDev:
I think the Dwarves still make occasionally reference to Scotland, Harad and Rhun still use the Muslim faction voices but I'm pretty sure all the direct references got cut out. I'd say the most annoying sound in it nowadays is the Rohirrim shouting "RIDERS OF ROHAN!" every time you click on them or order them to do anything, which is why I never play as Rohan.

The first few videos have a problem (well, I think of it as a problem) where the background sounds get too loud. I use kdenlive and it has a glitch with gain I didn't realise until I'd uploaded the first two episodes and rendered the third. I figured out how to fix it by creating a custom effect from the gain one with a different name.

My accent is a Nottingham accent, so it's this weird mix of northern and southern pronunciations for words...was kinda worried my accent and voice would be annoying actually ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version