Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Werewolf vs. Vampire vs. Murk Creature - Choosing your undead race  (Read 34769 times)

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf vs. Vampire vs. Murk Creature - Choosing your undead race
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

Wait, to become a husk you have to be in evil rain right?

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

I just became the weirdest husk. After walking into a could of "eerie dust," I got husk'd, but not only were my stats not affected but they can still increase! I still have the husk speed debuff, as well as husk durability. Well, since I'm essentially unkillable I'll just slaughter a civ or three and get my stats up to superhuman across the board!

Update: For some reason, my speed (which dropped from 1600 to 1200 when I became a husk) has now dropped to 816. No visible injuries, no changes to my stats. What in Armok's name is happening here?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 07:14:28 pm »

Can I be a husk AND a vampire?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 07:17:01 pm »

Wait, to become a husk you have to be in evil rain right?

The way I've been reading it seems like only mist/smoke/dust/whatever can husk you. Rain doesn't seem to ever have that effect. Can anyone confirm?

I just became the weirdest husk. After walking into a could of "eerie dust," I got husk'd, but not only were my stats not affected but they can still increase! I still have the husk speed debuff, as well as husk durability. Well, since I'm essentially unkillable I'll just slaughter a civ or three and get my stats up to superhuman across the board!

Update: For some reason, my speed (which dropped from 1600 to 1200 when I became a husk) has now dropped to 816. No visible injuries, no changes to my stats. What in Armok's name is happening here?

Reduced speed is a documented husk trait from what I understand. That said, I have no idea why it would continue to drop. It's not like there's a whole lot that can cripple you now.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

Yet another eerie dust husk update: I am exuding repulsive murk from every part of my body. Holy shit.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »

Yet another eerie dust husk update: I am exuding repulsive murk from every part of my body. Holy shit.

TaKe My GiFt MoRtAl, AnD wItH iT sPrEaD tHe TaInT aCrOsS aLl ThE lAnD! hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAaAaAaA!!!

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:58 pm »

HIT THINGS. HIT THINGS AND RUN.

This is just a guess but I think that murk is part of what spreads the husk taint. If you walk into town, slap a few peasants around and hide, you can probably start a domino effect that ends in a husk hamlet.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »

Nope, spoke too soon. Murk is gone now, and I don't have any more eerie dust covering me, so it doesn't look like I can make any more husks. Ah well, there are some Giant Dingo husks out there that will always remember me fondly, I'm sure.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:30 pm »

How the hell are you guys finding ANY dust, let alone husk-inducing dust, in adventure mode? I haven't found a single evil cloud despite turning the evil rain types to 0 and maxing out the evil cloud types.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 11:56:52 pm »

As a suggestion... don't raise werewolf corpses. They are still werewolves.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:50 am »

Toady fixed the vampire speed problem (or at least part of it):

0005231: [Adventure Mode -- Eating/Drinking] Drinking blood as vampire causes permanent speed loss (Toady One) - resolved.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:18 pm »

Vampires cannot become husks, and vice-versa, because becoming either one requires that you do not have the NOT_LIVING tag, which is added upon becoming undead. So you can be a Necromancer and something else, but you can only pick one.

Also, husks are hated by all, including tomb mummies and your own raised zombies(?)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »

With that speed issue, did you maybe get a syndrome from the evil murk?  I thought I remembered Toady mentioning something about them giving random syndromes sometimes.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »

Also don't try to custom reaction transform bogeymen you'll end up crashing the game.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 08:09:19 pm »

Just husked myself to see how it was, my speed dropped to 600 so it took three or four tries just to get to a town with all my limbs intact.  Once in town they couldn't kill me but I couldn't really do anything and it wasn't fun so I gave into starvation.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6