Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Werewolf vs. Vampire vs. Murk Creature - Choosing your undead race  (Read 34761 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf vs. Vampire vs. Murk Creature - Choosing your undead race
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 11:50:09 pm »

Ah, good. Time to sit around half-crippled until I turn into a were-panther.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »

Well, i was transformed the second i went into fast-travel after being bitten - i think thats a bug(?) related to the getting healed in fast travel and such. that was in version 34.0.3, so i don't know if it is fixed now. afaik, it should only transform you at the next full moon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 11:55:20 pm »

Bear in mind that werecreature, in competition to the others, depends on the creature

e.g.: Weremammoth = Awesome, Werehamster = Crap
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:52 pm »

Yeah, I transformed after going into and out of fast travel, though it was the next night. But yeah, werepanther should be fun.

Also, not sure if it is supposed to happen, but I'm hauling all my gear while in wereform: Katana, full set of steel armor, 3 shields, clothing, 3 quivers full of bolts, a crammed-full backpack...

3. Run Resize Enable

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2012, 10:27:37 am »

Yeah, I transformed after going into and out of fast travel, though it was the next night. But yeah, werepanther should be fun.

Also, not sure if it is supposed to happen, but I'm hauling all my gear while in wereform: Katana, full set of steel armor, 3 shields, clothing, 3 quivers full of bolts, a crammed-full backpack...

aye, you'll drop it as soon as you start fighting. btw try fighting as a werecreature, its fun.

HugoLuman, are you talking about cosmetical stuff like the description? since i didnt really find any significant differences between the creatures except the body size (and i dont know if thats good for anything). otherwise, please explain :)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012, 11:58:45 am »

I once became a werebear in the object testing arena. It was awesome. And so was the massacre that came afterwards.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

I got my first were transformation. It is fun. Just wish you could butcher or devour sentient things while transformed.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

So do you gain attribute experience while transformed? As it stands, I'm slower (even without my gear), weaker, and less resistant to pain while transformed. I don't really see it as being useful except for healing.

3. Run Resize Enable

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:28 pm »

Is a bite confirmed to always transmit the
  • thropy?
As far as I can tell, as long as the bite breaks a tissue layer (e.g. "You bite <whoever> in the arm, tearing the fat!" would but "You bite <whoever>, brusing the muscle" would not) the curse is guaranteed to transfer.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 05:35:38 pm »

So do you gain attribute experience while transformed? As it stands, I'm slower (even without my gear), weaker, and less resistant to pain while transformed. I don't really see it as being useful except for healing.

I think so. I wasn't paying close attention, but my attributes looked a bit better when I turned back than they were before I changed. But I play Demigod, so I don't care all that much.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:50 pm »

I've done a bit of research, but nothing thorough.  I do know that mental attributes are consistent between forms, and you can gain them in wereform.  I don't have anything on physical attributes, but once runesmith (or another mod that can show your exact attribute values) is updated, I'll do some more ‼Science‼.

I've posted everything I know so far about transformations in this thread.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

I've done some testing, with interaction based transformation, and all your kills, experience, and specific descriptions (hair color, tallness of the head) carry over and back.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »

aye, you'll drop it as soon as you start fighting. btw try fighting as a werecreature, its fun.

HugoLuman, are you talking about cosmetical stuff like the description? since i didnt really find any significant differences between the creatures except the body size (and i dont know if thats good for anything). otherwise, please explain :)

Body size is very important. If you are significantly larger than what you're fighting, your attacks can knock them around. Therefore, a weremammoth curse makes you bigger and gives you huge tusks, while werehamster not so much
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:57 pm »

Exactly.  Size plays a huge role in combat, which is why giants are so tough.  They don't really have better skills, they're just fucking huge.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]