Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 255213 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2012, 04:35:32 pm »

loincloth? i doubt there's enough leather on the island for that.
i'd go for bone greaves and gauntlets, with the important parts still naked

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »

Of course, you guys do know you can mod an existing game, right?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure reactions don't like that. However... outsiders may have special rules. It's worth a shot.

The best thing would be making a backpack. The he could put meat in the backpack. Then he could have a weapon in BOTH HANDS.

Also, extra spears.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

Of course, you guys do know you can mod an existing game, right?

It depends on what you're adding. I don't believe that new reactions for adventure mode can be added to an existing save.

And yeah, I'd veto the loincloth as well. You probably wouldn't have enough leather to cover Vanod's massive manhood even if you killed every living thing in the world.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:06 pm »

If you want, you can make a differently named backpack, something like "vanod's meat pouch."  Or, better yet, "bucket of Vanod Fried Chicken."

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

i think the fact he can only carry a spear and a large stack of meat actually adds to the story. and to the gameplay too, you guys should try it too

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2012, 06:51:42 pm »

Thanks Earwig, this is awesome.. keep'em coming ;]
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »

This thread is awesome! Posting to watch. Actually, I'm gonna go bug other folks I know about this thread- if you link each update in the OP, they're much more likely to read the whole thing.

RE: Adventurer crafting- sure, he doesn't need clothing, but a backpack full of trophy totems he carved himself (and uses as projectile weapons) would be pretty badass.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:50 pm »

Actually, I'm gonna go bug other folks I know about this thread- if you link each update in the OP, they're much more likely to read the whole thing.

Done and done.

Also what sacrilegious speak is this that you'd want Vanod to wear clothing and be able to carry more than two things at a time? Have you all gone mad? >:1
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2012, 08:01:17 pm »

I concur. Nude metal caveman isn't Vanod's current condition, it's his permanent state of being. To crib lines from a certain webcomic, he is a sexy pantsless god of war.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »

RE: Adventurer crafting- sure, he doesn't need clothing, but a backpack full of trophy totems he carved himself (and uses as projectile weapons) would be pretty badass.

or jewelery... jewelery and backpack and nothing else... but actually... it's perfect as it is ;]

Reactions cannot be added to saved game... but... those that already exist can be modified. Don't know if it would work with [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] tag.
 Also I think Earwig shouldn't mess with this, but once we get this epic save file, I will certainly try that ;]
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »

You could do what 40d Dungeon Masters did and just wear 7 hoods and a sock.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »

While the whole naked hero thing is pretty awesome, I think as he reaches higher spheres of epicness he really could wear 6 cloaks like dungeon masters of yore, for a little protection, and a hill titan bone crown decorated with cyclop bones or something. This'll make him look more awesome while jumping, while keeping his loins comfortably exposed.

For modding in reactions, if the author thinks it's smart, DF world tinker was apparently usable for games in progress back in DF2010 (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67059.30). So if the author thinks it's good, it might be moddable in for him to make skull totems or such.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 06, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »

Nah, I appreciate all the thought/effort, but I enjoy the vanilla, running around naked stuff. It's appreciated, though! :D
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »

Besides where would you find all of these clothes? Are there any goblins or kobolds running about? You need to skim that worlds legends when you finish. I doubt there has been a humanoid thing on that island ever.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39