Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 254839 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2012, 08:31:48 pm »

Quote from: Thecard
Sadly, I ran into a few too many minotaurs.  18, to be exact.  Of course, the first 12 were cake, but they cornered me.

That's what you get for ignoring that sign outside that said: The Plains of Stabbing Hilton Welcomes Minocon 2012!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2012, 08:37:50 pm »

I never seen such an amazing combo of write AND draw faggotry! Epic win man!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

So sad to see this dead.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2014, 09:35:25 pm »

<Insert comment acknowledging the above is a necro post here>

And woah, this thread was possibly so manly that it was too manly for the DF board.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:55:13 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2014, 12:34:29 pm »

So I'm pretty bad at this- died in my first fights the first two times I began.

The third was a little more successful: I snuck into a lair only to find it empty- which was weird because I could hear a bunch of voices chanting about how they'd "grind my bones to make their bread" etc..

I left and slunk away- just in time it seems because about 15 minotaurs (the lair's occupants) were just on their way home. Walking north for about 30 seconds I find a night troll and after a tense battle I slice him in two. I'm not sure if the Night Troll's death was the cause of this but immediately after my character went numb, began bleeding profusely and lost the use of his lungs.

(his fate is shared by the next 5 characters I try- only they perish pretty much the moment they are called into existence)

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 02, 2014, 01:02:35 pm »

Just found a lair called "the Dead of Deaths"

I suppose the clue was in the name

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »

I'm not sure if the Night Troll's death was the cause of this but immediately after my character went numb, began bleeding profusely and lost the use of his lungs.

(his fate is shared by the next 5 characters I try- only they perish pretty much the moment they are called into existence)

You've probably got some evil rain going on. Check the weather; if it says it's raining blood or beer or some other non-water substance, you've got evil rain. Pretty much the only thing to do then is either become undead posthaste or generate a new world. You can set how many different evil weather varieties there are in the advanced parameters; so long as you set it to zero, you shouldn't have any problems.

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 02, 2014, 04:10:46 pm »

You've probably got some evil rain going on. Check the weather; if it says it's raining blood or beer or some other non-water substance, you've got evil rain. Pretty much the only thing to do then is either become undead posthaste or generate a new world. You can set how many different evil weather varieties there are in the advanced parameters; so long as you set it to zero, you shouldn't have any problems.

Aha I see...

Cool well I've turned off evil rain and evil clouds for my next world... It still seems to be raining goblin blood but it's not having a noticeable effect. It's super creepy that my hero will drink the blood just fine but think drinking stagnant water is gross.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

Just started generating a world, and after pressing accept all rejects, it went to placing civs, and now is not responding but also not completely crashing. Is this normal? I know that DF will not respond every once in a while, typically during saves, but this has been going on for like 5 minutes now.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »

Just started generating a world, and after pressing accept all rejects, it went to placing civs, and now is not responding but also not completely crashing. Is this normal? I know that DF will not respond every once in a while, typically during saves, but this has been going on for like 5 minutes now.

Wrong place but, I have been experiencing the same thing. Maybe there is too many civs? I have not tested this yet.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2014, 08:48:24 pm »

Wrong place but, I have been experiencing the same thing. Maybe there is too many civs? I have not tested this yet.
I tried again and it worked, the first time I did 1 mountain peak and it froze up, the second time I did 1 volcano and it worked perfect.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »

Try in the other threads maybe. But I'll help to the best of my knowledge. It seems to happen when you gen. large worlds. Did you go with a large world with the parameters you have set?

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2015, 10:28:44 am »

Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07:43 am »

Does the advanced parameters trick still work?I want to play on a tiny island with advfort enabled and see how long my home will last.

EDIT:YES IT DOES!HOLY SHIT!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:17:32 am by King_of_Baboons »
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2015, 01:46:11 pm »

Ohgoshmysides
This only increases my lust for ADVENTURE
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39