Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 254913 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »

Now pull a Half Life and never tell us what happened.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 19, 2015, 09:09:57 am »

Wrestler plays a major part in avoiding grabs too. Unless that's been decoupled from it when dodger was introduced...
Or at least, in breaking grabs.

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 19, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

Ooh, tense. I read this a while back (before you returned with the story of Nutcertain) and thought it was gone for good with no good closure. I'm glad to see it's back.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:40 am »

Tequil remembers vividly when the copper spear stabbed upwards through the ground, all those centuries ago. Utes, the weasel king, boiled out like volcanic pus from the earth. The spear, an extension of his fiery wrath, cut upwards into the heavens like a burning thorn. But, as terrifying as it was, it was also their beacon, their salvation.

A great exodus formed, for Cyclopes and Ettin and Giant alike-- following promises from each of their gods that, were they quick enough, clever enough, driven enough, they would survive this cleansing and live to see a brighter tomorrow.

No one questioned these commands. To question was death. Those who stayed behind were drowned by salty seas, which the Five Gods called "becoming esteemed". Tequil's family fell into the esteeming surf ages ago. They never became un-esteemed again.

So he and a handful of giants- no more than fifty- left the moment the spire boiled up from the surface, following the advice of Stukos, the rabbit mother. They stumbled for weeks as the ocean lapped at their heels, flooding everything they had ever known. Vast crops and forests lay at the bed of the sea. Towers that were once full of life, shimmered deep beneath the waves.

Harpies would bring them food to keep their groaning muscles fueled in the march, and the small bird-women became the caretakers of the larger, ground-bound races.

Tequil, somehow, became the leader of his lost people, those of various clans and backgrounds banding together under his tutelage. Even Zilar, the war general of the southern forests, acquiesced to Tequil's somber, thoughtful guidance. Together, they trundled up ash-choked slopes and through dying forests. They fought off swarms of the undead, who plagued the land until the ocean cleansed the earth. All to reach the copper spear of Utes' grip. All to be sheltered under its glowing warmth.

Everything would be peaceful, now.

He did as Stukos commanded.

He led his people

to the safe land.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 27, 2015, 02:09:52 pm »

holy balls

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 27, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »

Stop making it hard to define the term "Metal"... dammit.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:21 pm »

If Vanod isn't some variety of divine retribution for hubris, I don't know what is.
You thought you escaped the apocalypse? Well, here's a single naked human with a spear. See you in hell.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 28, 2015, 10:12:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

holy balls

I believe the correct term would be ERHMAHGERDDDDDDDdddd

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 07, 2015, 05:59:30 am »

It lives!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:56 am »

Indeed! I'm working on commissions mainly so the next update is gonna take a little longer to get out. But stay tuned!  8)
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 07, 2015, 12:35:37 pm »

Still glad to see you're doing well, in addition to being glad that this badassness lives. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2015, 08:40:40 pm »

This is an engraved copper statue of Vanod the Awe Inspiring Distraction.
All craftdwarfship is of the finest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of Hill Titan bone.
It menances with spikes of undead harpy bones.
Engraved on the statue is an image of giants. The giants are huddling.
Engraved on the statue is an image of nether creatures. The nether creatures are in a fetal position.
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 08, 2015, 03:57:44 pm »

This is an engraved copper statue of Vanod the Awe Inspiring Distraction.
All craftdwarfship is of the finest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings of Hill Titan bone.
It menances with spikes of undead harpy bones.
Engraved on the statue is an image of giants. The giants are huddling.
Engraved on the statue is an image of nether creatures. The nether creatures are in a fetal position.
Wouldn't that be craftsmanship though? Vanod is the only being that isn't a monster on this island (although him not being a monster is kinda debatable).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 08, 2015, 03:58:44 pm »

If it was made out of bronze, it could be the last thing he makes from the corpse of a bronze colossus by sheer force of will before dying from his wounds.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39