Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 254711 times)

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 07:19:36 am »

The cartoons just make it more hilarious.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 08:02:50 am »

This is epic. Very epic indeed.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 08:42:42 am »

I still like wiki's interpretation of hungry heads better

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Hungry_head

Of course, for all we know, they really look like cute talking cartoon heads xD

But yeah, epic! Also, is it possible for you to check if I was right with "Sleeping in lairs is safe" thing and then just save scum if I was wrong? Not that it matters, Vanod is probably gonna die epically fighting something anyway  :P Thats better alternative than starvation since there aren't even goblin fortresses...

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 09:00:52 am »

Actually, funny you should mention that, because I was already drawing a proper pic of Etha. I just thought it'd be funnier if it was literally a head for the comic. But this is the more realistic one I was doodling:

Don't worry, I pay attention to the descriptions more than the comic probably shows.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:03:18 am by Earwig »
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 09:02:56 am »

But yeah, epic! Also, is it possible for you to check if I was right with "Sleeping in lairs is safe" thing and then just save scum if I was wrong? Not that it matters, Vanod is probably gonna die epically fighting something anyway  :P Thats better alternative than starvation since there aren't even goblin fortresses...

Actually, funny you should mention that, because I was already drawing a proper pic of Etha. I just thought it'd be funnier if it was literally a head for the comic. But this is the more realistic one I was doodling:

Don't worry, I pay attention to the descriptions more than the comic probably shows.

Didn't mean to complain, I was just commenting xD BTW, cool pic o.o Not that your pics of the chicken monster and other drawn pics haven't shown already that you are awesome drawer xD

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:23 am »

So wait, the whole island is an evil biome?

It would be a shame if Vanod died from some kind of horrible flesh-eating weather phenomena.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:03 am »

Loving it! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2012, 09:42:26 am »

Badass. Always like to be present at the birth of a new legend. Posting to watch.

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:29 am »

I notice after I'm done killing everything that I finally have a title. I pray to Armok it's a good one. If I'm Vanod Openedfires the Umber Pouchesquenches or something, I am gonna be pissed.

...I am okay with this.
Awesome titel for a monsterkilling, naked savage.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:22 am »

Earwig, have you ever put any thought into drawing one of every creature for the wiki? Because I'm loving your art.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

Art for the Trolls! encounter:

Earwig, have you ever put any thought into drawing one of every creature for the wiki? Because I'm loving your art.

That'd be fun, though I'd worry about stepping on toes. Part of the fun of DF is the mental imagery. But yeah, I'd love to try something like that.

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2012, 10:17:06 am »

Earwig would you be interested in illustrating some of the creatures or landscapes in my forum game The Rabbit Hole? I'm looking for a good artist and from what I've seen your drawings are amazing. I'll PM you some of my ideas if you are interested.

Heres the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102166.0
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:35 am »

Earwig would you be interested in illustrating some of the creatures or landscapes in my forum game The Rabbit Hole? I'm looking for a good artist and from what I've seen your drawings are amazing. I'll PM you some of my ideas if you are interested.

Maybe! I don't want to say yes or no for sure right now. I'm pretty  busy with commissions and other thangs, this is my recreation. I don't know that I can handle two threads simultaneously, this one is already pretty labour intensive. But I will keep it in mind, how about. :]

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2012, 10:41:16 am »

Maybe! I don't want to say yes or no for sure right now. I'm pretty  busy with commissions and other thangs, this is my recreation. I don't know that I can handle two threads simultaneously, this one is already pretty labour intensive. But I will keep it in mind, how about. :]

No sweat. Be sure to pop in when things get rolling. It's fairly new at the moment so I'm spreading the word and would like to see your talent in my thread  :D.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:42 am »

Everything about this screams awesome, then punches me in the face... but, like, in a good way.

That would be so very cool...
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39