Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 254921 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2015, 05:43:00 pm »

Does the advanced parameters trick still work?I want to play on a tiny island with advfort enabled and see how long my home will last.

EDIT:YES IT DOES!HOLY SHIT!
What trick? I must know!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2015, 05:56:28 pm »

I painted a whole map underwater (max size brush, 1 elevation, paint it all), then put a spot of smoothed 100+ elevation 3x3 in the middle with a spot of 400 elevation unsmoothed in the middle and got this:

Here's the parameters I used, naturally you can use your own, toss in bogeymen or whatever, I figured there was enough crap to play with that I wouldn't need to deal with smashing those little buggers too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2015, 07:12:00 pm »

Into Nutcertain.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »

Go forth, you magnificent naked bastard!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:27 am »

Aleni was not smart. Her sister, Aleni, was not smart.

Mata and Zotho and Naza and Deler and Oslöt were not smart.

Eti was not smart, but he was very handsome.

Aleni liked him. Eti liked Aleni too, and also Aleni, because he didn't know what twins were, and he thought there was just one Aleni who was sometimes in two places at the same time. Luckily, Aleni also liked Eti. And Aleni and Aleni barely understood what a twin was, either. They just thought another one of themselves was nearby at all times. So they all three of them liked each other, which made sense and worked out well for them.

The last three were smart. Rede, Tequil, and Zilar were there, from The Before. They told Aleni and Aleni about all of the big impressive things that their people did. They put rocks on top of other rocks, and they put little things in the ground called seeds that turned into big things that they could eat. They made food that wasn't just mashed up bugs and toads. They created it and they were very good at it, and they were good at eating it. They were good at talking and pretty okay at thinking, though they left most of the thinking and talking to the Two-Heads. They did lots of food-stuff, and they also liked to push big rocks over or throw big rocks to each other.

The way that Aleni, as well as Aleni, stared at the three of them may have looked like a flame of intellect in her small, beady eyes. That was an incorrect assumption, but she enjoyed the attention that the Three gave to her, even if she didn't understand what they were talking about most of the time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:54:38 am by Earwig »

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:50 am »

Rede said he used to scrape stone with stone and make the stone look like other things. He showed these things to Aleni before, but she didn't seem to comprehend the abstract shapes. He pointed out that he carved a drawing of her, but she just saw some scrape marks in the stone. She thought his hands were very nicely formed and the stone was a good colour though, and Rede told her he was proud of her observations. Rede was fat, which was not common for their people. Rede said that it used to be very common, that their people were renowned for their feasts and fat bellies. She wasn't sure where he was getting enough feasts for his own fat belly, as she had not eaten in sixty years.

Zilar was ugly. But he was fierce. He talked often about how he led lots of others with a stick of fire in his hand that glowed like the sun. He was respected by many dozens of people all at the same time, and they killed others because Zilar told them to. Aleni only knew about ten people at the same time, and knew that a dozen was two more people added to that ten. So that was a lot of people that would follow a stick around. Aleni never killed anything before, though she did eat dead things, sixty years ago.

Tequil was strong and smart and handsome. So Aleni thought of him as her leader. He was a teacher, he said, back in The Before. His voice was very deep and he was good at telling them to do things that made sense. When the dead things came he would tell them to go back into the cave, and that was a smart idea. Aleni knew it was smart because one time, a giant did not listen to Tequil, and the dead things climbed up him and tore at him until he laid down and died too. He got back up and they pushed him into the volcano and he didn't get out, which was good.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:51 am »

OH HOLY ARMOK I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE EARWIG WAS POSTAN' IN THE THREAD AGAIN!

My brain literally just blanked out the name!

Vanod is eligible for votan' into the Hall of Legends after being nominated and such recently: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89305.msg5715829#msg5715829

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2015, 02:15:12 am »

Yaaaaaaaaaaayitsback!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2015, 03:22:31 am »

Aleni and her friends mostly sat around in the caves these days. They never died from old age or starvation, so they had no reason to go outside with the walking corpses.
It wasn't really nice out there anyway. The cave was safe and nothing bad ever happened in it.

========

Vanod slips like a shadow into the Den of the Last Giants, Nutcertain.

Inside, lumbering, towering figures are nearly lost in the murk. Their dusty limbs are like trees. The beasts are immobile, weathered with age and stark dehydration.

They are the only ones of their kind; unaging, unassuming, unimaginably strong.

Eleven monsters, eleven living myths.

Eleven hunks of dumb meat for Vanod to skewer.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2015, 03:31:12 am »

Am I the only one that gets this in their head sometimes when reading about Vanod?

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2015, 04:56:22 am »

OH HOLY ARMOK I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE EARWIG WAS POSTAN' IN THE THREAD AGAIN!

My brain literally just blanked out the name!

I was laughing my ass off at the nonchalance!   ;D

Vanod is eligible for votan' into the Hall of Legends after being nominated and such recently: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89305.msg5715829#msg5715829

This would be awesome! I've been gone a few years but it'd be nice to do this thing justice finally. Vanod's been fresh in my mind all this time.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2015, 05:15:17 am »

thank you very much for coming back. your art is fantastic, reminds me a lot of john bauer and his disciples

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 23, 2015, 06:12:35 am »

I so thought this was just being necroed....

Welcome Back!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2015, 06:33:48 am »

thank you very much for coming back. your art is fantastic, reminds me a lot of john bauer and his disciples

What a compliment! Thank you for posting and I hope you enjoy.

I so thought this was just being necroed....

Welcome Back!

Thank you! And, no, hopefully I can stick it out till the end this go-round!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2015, 08:34:10 am »

Your art is great! I am glad you started posting again. I found this topic a long time ago, but I never posted. Then someone necroed the topic and I found it again.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39