Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 254987 times)

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »

Thank you kindly! Adventures on Monster Island will return soon. Glad you like :D
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 02, 2015, 04:16:05 pm »

Wow, this is amazing. I just discovered this post and I love every bit about it. I really can't wait for the next chapter, but take your time, great Earwig.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2015, 05:12:38 pm »

I've been following this since before I even joined the forums. Glad to see it alive again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »

I remember reading this a while back as well. The art is amazing, the story is epic, and the humor is funny; Monster Island is pure cool.
Keep up the good work Earwig.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:09 pm »

I have to say, this kind of thing is what inspired me to play DF in the first place.
thincake

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 05, 2015, 08:55:23 pm »

just now found this.....this is awesome.

this is win

this is madness

.....THIS IS VANOD!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2015, 01:42:39 am »

this is win

this is madness

.....THIS IS VANOD!
Not Sparta?
thincake

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2015, 11:27:51 am »

this is win

this is madness

.....THIS IS VANOD!
Not Sparta?

And not The Island of Trotting either? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2015, 12:21:26 pm »

Spartans begin as babies, Vanod was never a baby, he's a baby with a man's heart, he is... a warrior.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2015, 12:35:18 pm »

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

It is terrifying.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 06, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

Tequil falls into a deep sleep, the sleep of the ancient. He has a timeless dream, a fog-shrouded memory that he stubbornly clings to- it gives him identity. It keeps him sharp.

The scratch of branches on his lower half. They are cacophanous, crashing and shaking under his steady footfalls and swinging arms. The humid air coats him in a fine layer of sweat, the sun bakes his leathery skin and makes his heart pound with calm, heated thumps that resound through the forest. He is at peace here, in this place, in this time.

But he can hear it, at first a soft rushing like blood in his ears, then a roaring, tumbling waterfall of a voice that heralds an odour of wet fungus and decaying bodies.

She calls to Tequil from beyond the beyond; Stukos, the rabbit-mother, who created the soil with her shedding, mummified skin, who maintains the careful balance between life and death.

THE WORLD GROWS TEDIOUS, TEQUIL.

Tequil shakes his great head, gazing up into a thickly clouded sky. The sun sets, soupy green, along the horizon. "My people have done so much. We change and shape the world around us!"

THE VERY STONE ROTS UNDER YOUR FEET. IT DECAYS AWAY INTO THE ABYSS.

"Then we will build upwards. Our temples already graze the sky itself. We will build past it."

THERE IS NO SKY, NOT ANYMORE.

"We can build down into the core of the earth. We have already started great mines downwards."

THERE IS NO CORE, THERE NEVER WAS.

Tequil's tendons groan like cello strings in the hushed jungle as he makes two desperate fists. "You will not set me on the path to despair. We thrive! We will always thrive."

UTES RISES.

The giant's heartbeats turn to ice, the wind blows hot against his brow. He can manage only a whisper: "Now?"

THE EARTH BOILS UP BENEATH YOU. SOON THE FLOODS WILL COME AND CLEAN THE ROT AWAY.

"Can you do nothing for my people?"

I WEEP FOR YOU, TEQUIL.

"Please! Please, Stukos! Wise mother, spare us from your brother!"

There is a long, sickening silence. Beyond the horizon, beyond anything Tequil had ever known, a towering point of orange light thrust up from the surface of the earth. The soil bucked in pain and began to swell with fiery blood.

Stukos' wet phlegm rattles forth again:

... LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TOWARDS THE BURNING CLOUDS, TOWARDS UTES. I MUST FLOOD THE REST. THE ROT CREEPS UP. WE MUST CLEANSE. BROTHER UTES WILL CARE FOR YOU IN THE SILTY ASH.

Tequil stared off at the column of burning smoke; it was the clotted breath of the earth's punctured lungs. Harpies swarmed and shrieked in great droves away from the horizon, some even smashing against Tequil's shoulders and face in their frenzied attempts to escape the burning death.

Tequil awakens into the grim darkness of the dusty cave. The memory fades back into the tomb-silence.

And Mata screams.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 06, 2015, 04:59:30 pm »

This is fucking awesome.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 06, 2015, 07:18:25 pm »

UPDATES ARE SO SATISFYING

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 06, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »

This is why Earwig is awesome, I'd see a big pile of giants in a cave and think "welp, time to add some blood to this orgy" and leave it there.

Earwig does the same thing, but then goes and adds a backstory and personality to them.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39