Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254450 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 12 - TT S1, W9
« Reply #1230 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:35 pm »

I have not heard anything on the status of A Spoony Bard vs ndkid, as such I have set the match to 1-1 and advanced the week.
We had hoped to play Sunday, but that didn't happen.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 05, 2013, 09:58:08 am »

That's alright. It's just that if I don't hear from either party, I set the match to a draw, is all.

I also forgot to mention that DST ended for a number of our players this week. The OP is updated with everyone's new times, but keep that in mind for cross-Atlantic games. Two of our players are fortunate enough to live in a civilized society without DST, so their timezones remain the same.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:31 am »

Monk's Marauders 3 - 0 Morg's Meat Mashers

The 3rd ranked Humans get a comfortable edge over the 4th ranked Orcs in the standings, and with Kanil's loss this week they're back in the conversation for the #1 seed. Though they conversation mostly goes "huh, they're still in it? Well only one more week when #1 Underworld plays #2 Wood Elves." Still, pretty sure that clinches a playoff berth even if we lose out, so there's still the opportunity to prepare to peak for a championship run. In regards to that, the biggest TD of the match turned out to be when Ari Wetdawn the rookie lineman hauled in a long bomb from Eomund Tonkai to score, as he subsequently caught MVP. Barring doubles/stat increases, the Humans have a kicker again! Heck, given the fact that the Marauders are in their final season, I might select Kick anyway; it's hard to argue that Yet Another Guard or a slow AG4 Lineman would make more of an impact than a Kicker.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 10, 2013, 12:48:59 am »

and with Kanil's loss this week they're back in the conversation for the #1 seed.

That would require me to lose one of my last two matches...

I get a feeling that won't happen. :P

Match validated.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 10, 2013, 12:54:10 am »

and with Kanil's loss this week they're back in the conversation for the #1 seed.

That would require me to lose one of my last two matches...

I get a feeling that won't happen. :P

Match validated.

And I'd have beat the team that just beat you. But we DO play each other to finish the season, so that's my win and your loss if I can somehow pull it off. It could totally happen! Though in the event you draw with ank, I'm not sure if I have the tiebreakers necessary to capture that seed.

EDIT: Bah, Wetdawn went and threw double 5s. I might think about the extra AV on a younger team, and I REALLY thought about Dodge or Guard, but dammit, I just can't go into this team's last playoffs without Kick. Throwing away doubles tears me up inside, though...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:03:08 am by monk12 »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 10, 2013, 01:14:20 am »

Training league match between myself and ndkid ended with a victory for me. The game was made a lot easier when his Kroxigor broke his jaw on my rat ogre's fist on the second turn and I then broke a few skinks necks. I also hurt and injured some of the Saurus early only leaving his side depleted and unlucky. The rematch for next week doesn't look to bright now that he is missing those two skinks and his Kroxigor.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 10, 2013, 05:26:56 pm »

w00t w00t 3 - 0 The Other Kittens

While I appreciate the 4-4-4 assumption on the OP, this game was a total loss, putting my actual score at 3-4-5 and removing the last slim chance I have of making it to the playoffs. The game went about as I expected, there's not really anything you can do when every player on the enemy team has both block and dodge, making them very difficult to knock over, moves literally twice as fast as you, and can pick up the ball every time. Even when I succeeded in tying up over half of his players with tentacles it didn't really matter, all he would need is two-three guys to knock over the ball carrier, pick up the ball, and run it in for the score.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 10, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

While I appreciate the 4-4-4 assumption on the OP...

Oops.

You still have a shot at the playoffs, but it involves ndkid losing/drawing to... uhm... both of the lowest ranked teams. But if he does, you and THE_SLAYA could play an epic last day match! to see who makes it through.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

I was just looking at the hall of fame for the training league and noticed that my lineman, Lhead Venom (great name for a killer), has over double the casualties of the second and third place players, and triple that of all the other players in the league (Venom has 12 casualties). He is also the most experienced player in the league due to his sheer amount of inflicted casualties (he's only caught one MVP and has no TD's). In light of all of this, I'd like to believe that if there were a real MVP award for the league, he would get it, xD

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 10, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »

Let's see, if my sums are right then if I want the #1 seed in the main league I now need to beat Kanil on the last week, have Kanil and ank draw next week, and have ank lose/draw his last game. Frig.

On the plus side, ndkid losing in the training league does wonders for the playoff hopes of the Meanies. I control my own destiny at this point, which is always exciting. Hopefully I have enough blodge to survive the Ogres.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 13 - TT S1, W10
« Reply #1240 on: November 11, 2013, 06:55:13 pm »

Last match of the week was played, so we're able to advance.

Matchups for Week 13:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
ank - w00t w00t vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels

Also the TT has advanced, and is now on it's final week before the playoffs!

Matchups for Week 10:
ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers
i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors vs monk12 - Monk's Meanies
Charmander - Light of Judgement vs Kanil - Players are Overrated
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:27:20 am by Kanil »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:28 pm »

Monk's Meanies defeat the Traveling Doctors Lucky Scoundrels 3-1. The Ogres were troubled by pouring rain on their first drive, making it quite difficult to pick up the ball. The Meanies got in there and started smacking snotlings around, with the end result being an unfortunate bounce of the ball for the Ogres as it rolled out of the protective cage. A Meanie picked it up and pitched it to Elizabeth Bathory the Witch Elf for her first TD. The rain cleared up for the second drive saw an unfortunate turnover for the Ogres (the both down didn't even crack armor on the elf!) which let the Meanies deploy in force to the Ogre backfield with predictable results (TD ultimately scored by the runner after efforts to feed the Witch Elf failed.)

Ogres got a bit of a break after halftime when a lineman took himself out while trying to dodge, leaving a clear path to the Runner, but the Ogre Boneheaded on the blitz, squandering the opportunity; next turn the Runner pitched the ball deep to Bathory for her second TD and first level up. Things finally started going right for the Ogres on their last drive, however; one of the brutes picked up the ball and started taking off downfield with a snotling screen and more Ogres. Meanie attempts to stall the cage were undone by a failed dodge, letting the Ogres get significant push upfield. This time, the Blitzing Ogres did not fail, and they reliably smashed their way near to the goal line as the Meanies kept dodging and stalling. On the final turn, one of the Meanies failed a crucial dodge, leaving one blodgy Blitzer between the Ogre and the endzone- a timely reroll finally supplied a knockdown for the Ogres, and he punched the ball in for the score.

Ogres had their boneheads in bunches, and they had trouble all game getting punches in on the Meanies, and the dark elves had enough blodge to stay mostly upright when they were hit. No CAS for the Ogres, and the Meanies only managed to take out a journeyman snotling. Still, managed to feed the Witch Elf enough for her first level, which should make her significantly more useful (i.e less likely to take herself out on a both down.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:02 pm »

I played two games today, one against Charmander in the TT that was a 1-1 draw, and one against ank that was a 2-1 win.

Reave is making a run at becoming the most experienced player in the league, but he's mostly accomplishing that by killing people with more SPP than he. Ethilhain and Tonkai, you both might consider retiring, while you can.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 13, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »

Welp, so much for the #1 seed. But it is telling that you still warned E-Dawg of his imminent demise, as that means he survived the match. Which begs the question of who exactly Reave did kill.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »

Ank's 5 AG catcher with 125 SPP. Another annoying little bastard. You can still get #1 -- just win your last two.

Also, Ethilhain is still on his feet not for lack of trying. If they let you crowd surf your own players into the other guy's KO box, E-dawg would be dead by now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:09:47 pm by Kanil »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 149