Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254327 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 8 - TT S2, W7
« Reply #1410 on: May 12, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

Why not the PWYB subforum?
But seriously. Are there any particularly over- or underpowered teams I should avoid? I've been mostly hearing about how awful the halflings are.
Is there a limit of single race/team per league? Or can I pick a human team even if someone else is already playing humans (assuming I'll join you guys in the future)?
I got Chaos edition on sale a while ago, but I assume some of you are playing with Legendary edition and thus any tourneys here won't be using the whatsitcalled special settings available only in Chaos edition?
I've been watching a few vids by TotalBisquit. Seems like a fun game. How long do these tourneys usually take and how far along are you with the current one (ie. when can I expect the next one to start)?

I dunno. The season 1-3 threads were in Other Games, so I put this one here too.
Some teams aren't very good, indeed. Particularly forgiving for new players are teams that start with a lot of skills (Amazon, [Chaos] Dwarf, Norse) or teams with good stats (all the elves, particularly high/dark elves for agility. Chaos and Orcs are pretty solid options on the strength side of things.)
There's currently no rule as to who plays what, so you can pick any team you want.
I don't think CE added any new rules for multiplayer. Any formats it added were singleplayer only. It did add some new teams for MP, but they are backwards compatible with LE.
The tournaments are around 3 months, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, depending upon how many people show up and how quickly everyone plays their games. We've got maybe a month left in the current tournament.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:03 pm »

elaborating on Kanil's response, I would say that teams to avoid as a first team would be vampires, Khemri, Khorne Daemons, Goblin, and maybe Ogres and halflings as all those teams rely on a lot of special rules and strategies to succeed. Other than that, Kanil explained everything quite well. The last thing I would suggest you do in the month or so before the next season of our league starts is check out www.bbtactics.com which explains all the rules and skills of bloodbowl. It also has really helpful ideas on starting rosters for teams and  tips on how to build your players when they gain SPP. If you want to start in our "training league" before going up to the main league it will probably start within the next two months as it is two game days behind the main league. I look forward to having a new face in the league next season!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 12, 2014, 11:53:23 pm »

I would add to all that to not play the game on any computer you can easily throw or break in half.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 13, 2014, 03:49:29 pm »

I would add to all that to not play the game on any computer you can easily throw or break in half.

That is a very good point Fikes, xD. Nuffle has a way of instilling anger in all of us.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 13, 2014, 10:01:32 pm »

I'd also probably suggest avoiding Nurgle teams since they are particularly unforgiving of mistakes, and possibly Khorne Daemons due to their rather unique playstyle as well (though they can be fun once you get the hang of them, if you do decide to play them a good guide I've found is here).

If you aren't worried about losing a fair number of your games I'd also suggest starting teams in both the training and the normal leagues. For the normal one you would probably want to pick up one of the ones Kanil mentioned (Dwarf or Chaos Dwarf would probably stand the best chance) but getting to play twice as many games per week helps keep it interesting and helps you learn the ins and outs of the game that much faster. I'd probably suggest against starting a squishy elf team in the main league though, since most normal league teams have already developed counters and the number of injuries/deaths you would suffer could make it much more difficult to make any headway.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 13, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »

Theme-wise I'm really digging the skaven, but I guess I'll pick something bashier for the tourney. Orcs or dwarves probably. I guess I'll know once I actually start playing the damn game :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 14, 2014, 12:07:02 am »

Monk's Meanies 1 - 0 The Other Kittens

Let's all have a moment of silence for Adolf Blitzer, the most aptly named Dark Elf on the team. Also the Joker, the worst named player. On the plus side the Mighty Blow Guard was saved by the apothecary, but I won't be able to feed him SPP for a while since I'll be bringing the new blitzers up to speed.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 9 - TT S2, W7
« Reply #1417 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »

The Ill-timed Boners 0-2 Slashing Slayas
This game went about as expected as far as end result goes. The process of getting there was anything but normal though. In the first half my minotaur managed to fail 7 out of 9 wild animal rolls, xD. Kanil made it two turns without getting a single bonehead and then got three on his next turn. The first half ended at 1-0 with the only casualties being two badly hurt snotters (I think). The second half was more normal with the Ogres getting a few casualties (two MNG's on my chaos warrior with block and my mighty blow/block beastman) and two more snotlings getting hurt (one MNG or maybe -1AV and one dead). Kanil was unable to score do to the brutal sweltering heat removing two of his Ogre's with guard and only one of my chaos warriors. I capitalized on this on the final turn with a few GFIs and a successful pass from my dodge beastman to one of my chaos warriors. All in all a very good game(:

All matches played up to this point have been validated and the main league week is advanced. Next week's matchups are:

i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs ank - Bay12 Breakers

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 15, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »

My Mummie's Mummies 1-0 Bay12 Breakers

This was by far, the bashiest game I have ever seen consisting of 14 straight turns of everyone bashing each other in the center of the field and two turns of the ball actually moving, xD. Ank was in great position early on inflicting multiple KO's and injuries on key players like my thro ra and two tomb guardians ( one KO'd and one killed, though the death was regenerated). This changed on turn seven, before moving anyone into a scoring position he re-rolled a double down push roll into a double double down roll ending his turn and preventing him from scoring after a dominant half. The second half saw more of the same, except this half, my bashiness was doing better than his, :p. I managed to remove three of his better players from the game with badly hurts and a KO opening up the field for thorough bashing domination. Ank did almost kill my AGI 3 skeleton in the second half but he also regenerated the dead roll. My thro-ra managed to slip out on turn 14 to sprint to the endzone and score the game winning TD on turn 16.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 15, 2014, 05:31:41 pm »

The fight for first place is getting pretty intense. Three way tie at 17... who wants to play the Scamps first round?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »

Monk's Meanies 2 - 1 Skitterscamps

I'm not even gonna recap the first 15.5 turns of the game, because, entertaining and closely contested though they were, they simply do not match up to the beauty of a One Turn TD with a Side Stepping Witch Elf. Thanks, Frenzy pushes! Hopefully I can win/draw against the Breakers with three MNG players to hold on to first place.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 17, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

Both games with ndkid are done!

The Other Kittens 0 - 2 Kobb's Khorne
Despite their best efforts, Morg'n'thorg's help, and an early Minotaur KO, the Kittens were unable to score even a single touchdown. Morg'n'thorg also pulled MVP which combined with his in-game casualties made him level up, creating a very interesting texture bug on the MVP screen:
Spoiler: Who you gonna call? (click to show/hide)

For the training league:
Real Deal  1 - 1 The Daemoning!
The Daemoning had the game well in hand for most of the game, due to the Real Deal's love of setting up their witch elves near the edges of the pitch (and allowing for many, many push-offs). However, when the time came the Daemons were unable to pick the ball up with their 3 AGI pit fighter, failing 3 turns in a row to pick the ball up and score for the win. :(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 10 - TT S2, W7
« Reply #1422 on: May 17, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »

The main league has now advanced to its final game, matchups are:

THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs Kanil - Skitterscamps

I'll advance the training league on tuesday unless monk or fikes get in touch with me and have their match scheduled.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »

Sounds like you're wrapping it up then? Nice timing, I'll be picking up my machine tomorrow :D
I'll friend the lot of you on steam when I have the time just in case you happen to be up for some sparring matches before the next season.

By the way, are you guys playing with two or four minute turns?

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 18, 2014, 11:28:56 pm »

we're playing with four minute turns. Also there's a steam group that most of us are in call B12 Bloodbowl. After this week's matches are played we'll still have playoffs, so it'll be another week or two afterwards, :p.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 149