Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254281 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Signups - TT S2, W9
« Reply #1470 on: July 19, 2014, 02:33:50 pm »

I'll adjust the league total to make sure you can apply. Also, no worries about not applying and joining the steam group yet since the season won't be starting for at least another week probably closer to two more weeks when the training league has finished. On the topic of the training league, I will be advancing the league forward on WEDNESDAY night unless all the games are finished before then or you contact me with a set time for a game after that date that had to be played then due to scheduling issues.

Just a few quick questions for everyone who will be involved in either of our leagues next season:

1. As far as timetables go, would you all prefer the league to be a "game a week" or a "game every other week" league? (I personally prefer a game a week but I know some people have busier lives than I do and might prefer to play more casually)
2. Do you want to bring back unique races? (As of right now I don't believe this is an issue as most of our races are unique so we aren't fighting bloody dwarves week in and week out)
3. If we have a training league do we still want to keep it for new teams only, and if we do allow experienced teams in, what should the TV limit be for the start of the season? (until/unless we get at least a few more teams /coaches that want to join us I think that keeping the training league for new teams only is a good idea as it helps to keep new teams from being forced up against scary killer teams like Kanil's danged rats and allows them to build up at least some semblance of a defense)

1. I like shorter game weeks so I'm good with either, but a 10 day hard limit might be the way to go.

2. Nah, I think the league has some pretty good diversity right now. I don't think we need a hard rule about it.

3. Rookie teams only for TT, I say. Easiest way to prevent abuse.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 19, 2014, 03:14:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I agree with everything monk12 wrote.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:42 pm »

We're glad to have you luke!

Alright how about we go with a game a week and if there are scheduling issues I'm made aware of, I'll extend it up to a total of ten days. If no team contacts me I'll just set any unplayed games to a tie.

As far as the other two rules, I'll just leave them the way they currently are.

The league has accepted all the teams playing and is currently at nine members if all members return. If fikes moves up into the main league that would put us at ten which would be wonderful.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:27 am »

It's good to be here! Thank you for letting me in, even though I'll probably get my orc butt kicked up and down the field  :P

I also agree with Monk12 on the three questions (in fact, I probably could have benefited from waiting for the training league, but I was impatient)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 20, 2014, 09:12:40 am »

Well luke, if you want to join the Training league and we have enough people to host one, you can just reapply in the training league. This season though I don't think it'll be too brutal in the normal league since two or three other teams will also be new.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 20, 2014, 01:10:18 pm »

I'll be back for both the training league and the normal league. If all goes well I should hopefully be able to move my Khorne Daemons team up to the normal league from the training league, but if not it'll be back with Nurgles one more time. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 22, 2014, 01:25:11 am »

The Daemoning! 0-2 Slashing Slayers

This game saw some elvenly play from the Slayers that led to an early TD in the first half against the Daemons. They then proceeded with an impressive kick-off into the back corner to delay the Daemon's push. The Daemons managed to retrieve the ball and attempted to throw it across the field. Unfortunately for them the ball flew perfectly to the newly nic-named Mr butterfingers who dropped the ball. It then proceeded to bounce across to another Daemon who also failed and then bounced to the Bloddthirster who also failed, next to a pit fighter who.. FAILED!! and finally it landed right in front of two Chaos warriors who were glad to clear a space around the ball. With some more elvenly passing the Slayers managed to score the second TD before the end of the game.

The second half was fairly uneventful and quick as the Daemons tried to score quickly but failed a few too many dodges and had their Bloodthirster KO'd allowing the Slayers to retrieve the ball and run down the field. They then tried to pass the ball back and forth to gain some bonus SPP. Unfortunately for them, the last 4 throw rolls failed so they dropped the ball like buffoons. On the final turn of the game the Slayers attempted to pick up the ball and run it in for a TD but failed the pick-up and did not score a third TD. The only casualty in this game other than a number of KOs and stuns was a Broken arm or something (-1 AGI) on a Bloodletter who was healed by the apothecaries so he only had a smashed hand. After deciding that the treatment he received was unacceptable, the daemon regenerated the injury to spite them.

Just a reminder that I will be advancing the training league tomorrow night (maybe thursday morning early) so please play your games or let me know if you need an extension.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:49 pm »

ndkid and I haven't been able to make it work, so you can set us to a draw

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 24, 2014, 01:37:39 am »

The training league has been advanced and the playoffs are upon us! Matchups are:

Monk's Morons v Slashing Slayers
Real Deal V The Daemoning!

Good luck to all and may the best teams win.

After this season of the training league is over there will most likely be about a week to make sure everything is ready before the main league starts back up. Unless at least one more team joins the training league, there will not be one next season as three teams does not a league make. As for the main league, if you're planning on returning and haven't spoken up be sure to do so so you don't accidentally get removed from the league!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 24, 2014, 08:04:17 am »

You know, I really love this game (normally, sometimes I just delete my save in a fit of rage after six red skulls in a row and a failed healer leaves my star player dead) but I'm pretty awful at it, and I've never played against anyone but the AI. If the spot is open I would like to join the training league when it starts back up. That's the place to go for people that are awful with this right?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 24, 2014, 10:16:21 am »

You know, I really love this game (normally, sometimes I just delete my save in a fit of rage after six red skulls in a row and a failed healer leaves my star player dead) but I'm pretty awful at it, and I've never played against anyone but the AI. If the spot is open I would like to join the training league when it starts back up. That's the place to go for people that are awful with this right?

It's the place where everyone starts out with TV1000 teams, so yes!

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 24, 2014, 12:16:35 pm »

Can I put a team into the training league as well as the main one?  As I expect a new team is going to get smashed to a pulp in a main league.  As fun as that will be it wont last more than 1 season I figure.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 24, 2014, 01:37:39 pm »

You can have entries in both leagues, yes. OP might have more info but I think training league has a rule that you can only play new teams there (so no bringing that über Auld kill team there).

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 24, 2014, 03:48:49 pm »

You can have entries in both leagues, yes. OP might have more info but I think training league has a rule that you can only play new teams there (so no bringing that über Auld kill team there).
You are correct in that the training league only allows in new teams. However there is also a rule that you can only bring in teams that have only played in Bay12 leagues. So you aren't allowed to bring in Auld teams or other tournament teams anyways.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 24, 2014, 09:34:43 pm »

Monk's Morons lose to the Slashing Slayers 2-1 on turn 24 in what turned out to be a battle of attrition which the Ogres could not compete in; 2 CAS Chaos players (one of whom was successfully save by the apothecary, with the other being dead) and a few KOs vs 8 Moron CAS and a constant 3-5 KOs, with 2 Ogres suffering MNG injuries (though fortunately only the snot squad suffered career-ending injuries.) Still, it was a better game than many played by the Morons, and they have enough cash to enter the main league featuring all 6 Ogres on the roster (though only 4 will be available for the first game.)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 149