Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254413 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4: Signups!
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:46 am »

That's the last thing I want is to play that team again, in fact I already deleted the team, I hate playing dwarves.

ndkid, your saying if "I can't play my uber team, I won't play", well fuck you then, I'll even the numbers.

Actually, what I was saying was "there are two problems here, and I can solve both of them". But you can interpret as you wish.

If I could transfer TAB and NATAB to a fresh team and have their value decremented from the normal value of the team, I would.

I certainly don't mind deleting players from the roster... several were emergency purchases when I had several players missing a game, so that I'd be able to field a 12-man team. They're never going to see playing time, and that'd drop my TV by 180 or so. I could fire some cheerleaders, as well.

Overall, there seems to be this perception that attachment to teams is a function of wanting to run roughshod over other teams. While I'm sure there are plenty of munchkins out there, it seems unfair to think of it as the only possible reason. Can't it be about building a history with a team? After all, that's what campaign modes in games are all about, no? Continuity of narrative?

Yeah, I was tidying up teams an hour or so ago, got rid of them.

I can agree I'm raging a bit, tbh, I though ndkid was being a dick for even wanting to bring a team like that into a basicly fresh league, and the "fuck you guys, I'm going home" response just pissed me off.

I'm just not up for getting wound up by games (playing Eve burned me out on that), so I'll just wander off elsewhere for some bloodbowl.

So, up at the front, when we took votes on allowing veteran teams, why didn't you expound on your position? If it were "I won't play if there are veteran teams" or "I don't want to play against veteran teams over X TV", or "I don't play any of ndkid's veteran teams", that would've been far more useful input. Voting no, having the vote go against you, and then just raging after the fact isn't nearly as constructive.

And I'd argue against the notion that a league with 2-4 veteran teams is "basically fresh". It is mixed.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:37 am »

Just to add a little comment about narrative: the penultimate game of last season's match for me, Jell, my trained catcher, suffered a broken neck that sort of cripples his already flaky ability to play. Relegated to sitting on the sidelines, he decided to hang up his helmet and shin-guards and stick with the team to provide coaching assistance from his one season in the sport, and let rookie Weyy fill his stunty boots.

My TV is 1450, +60 for an injured skink. And yet, I'm not going to be rolling over anyone.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:56 am »

Just to add a little comment about narrative: the penultimate game of last season's match for me, Jell, my trained catcher, suffered a broken neck that sort of cripples his already flaky ability to play. Relegated to sitting on the sidelines, he decided to hang up his helmet and shin-guards and stick with the team to provide coaching assistance from his one season in the sport, and let rookie Weyy fill his stunty boots.

My TV is 1450, +60 for an injured skink. And yet, I'm not going to be rolling over anyone.
You don't roll over people, you roll *past* them... darn pesky skinks! :-)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:33 am »

Hey, hey hey.

You tell that to a saurus and see what happens.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:00 am »

Hey, hey hey.

You tell that to a saurus and see what happens.
I'm willing to risk a saurus. A Kroxigor, on the other hand, I stay mum around!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

Currently Jartol will be applying for the league tomorrow, I will be applying once I think up a good team name, and I've just finished sending out PMs to everyone else who hasn't yet applied.

With luck, the season will be underway before the weekend.

Edit: Two signups in 90 minutes!

Hmm, four new teams, four old teams... ... shame I can't hand-make the groups... :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:34:52 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:20 pm »

you can hand make the groups if you create the league as a championship, there's an option to 'seed' teams.  but you've made it as a cup (i thought we were doing a league?), so dunno if same options are available there.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 03:15:43 am »

I don't have much (read: any) experience with hosting a league, so I just used what we had last season, which seemed to work well.

I'm completely open to suggestions, and I can still change it, but a championship doesn't seem to have a playoffs? How's that work?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:18:03 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 11:11:50 am »

An update, if anyone was wondering.

We've currently got 7 players signed up, and are just waiting on Ank's Wood Elves. I sent him a PM along with everyone else, and I'm not sure how else to pester him.

If anyone has any last concerns about the rules or the league setup, now would be the time to voice them, for the season could start at any moment.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:40 am »

An update, if anyone was wondering.

We've currently got 7 players signed up, and are just waiting on Ank's Wood Elves. I sent him a PM along with everyone else, and I'm not sure how else to pester him.

If anyone has any last concerns about the rules or the league setup, now would be the time to voice them, for the season could start at any moment.
If you still haven't heard from him, I think he's one of the steam-afied people, so you could try there?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:08 am »

I haven't the slightest clue what his steam name is.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 11:28:43 am »

I'll see if I can find him when I'm home tonight and back in front of a machine with steam.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 12:12:18 am »

I'll see if I can find him when I'm home tonight and back in front of a machine with steam.
He is just ank on Steam, but he last logged in around 20:00 EST, and I didn't get to my computer until midnight-ish, so I didn't manage to drop him a line.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:46 am »

I downloaded Steam and see him online now, but don't actually know how to speak to him.

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »

this doesn't seem to be going anywhere,  i'm pulling out.  you could perhaps play a 6 man league instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 149