Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254403 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4: Signups!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »

Seems like a reasonable plan. Anyone opposed?

Edit: I suppose that's a really dumb question. Why would anyone be opposed to starting the season?

Anyway, I'll be starting it tomorrow regardless, but if you have an opinion between a single round robin or two, feel free to share. On one hand, a 5 game season is pretty damn short, but on the other we were planning to do a 6 game season anyway... and 3 months with just 6 teams might be a bit too long.

If you read this and have an opinion, chime in. If not, I'll pick one and start the season in around 12 hours.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:17:50 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »

... Would have preferred we wait, but there you go.

Six teams is less like a league and more like a cup, anyway...

The only thing I will suggest is if we have a stunty league, blasnket-letting this league's new teams into the next should be allowed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:55:00 am by Charmander »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 08:50:31 am »

That was the plan.

Not sure why we'd wait, though? It'll probably take a while to find two more people.

I mean, we've already got people leaving due to the delay, and people who already aren't even showing up and the season hasn't even started.

We've got 6 pretty reliable players and only 3 games a week, so hopefully the whole thing won't take too long, and we'll have greater interest for the next one.

I guess we can wait? But I don't see what we're waiting for...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:03:03 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2012, 10:50:22 am »

I consider more Blood Bowl better than less Blood Bowl, so if we were going to have this league sit and wait for players, I'd say we start up a small side cup or something.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2012, 06:13:09 pm »

I think running this as a quick little season and hoping more people show up for S5 would work...

But I'd also be willing to play in a little side event, if the parties involved here want more players.

I can also conscript my sidekick Jartol into any side event, so that's 3 right there.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 10:18:38 am »

I can join, if we do a side cup.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 01:34:29 pm »

ank has signed up, leaving us with 7 currently.

ndkid, should I manage the side cup? Or did you want to?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:57 pm »

Dragging this up from the bottom of page 4...

So, what's up? We going to have a Season 4? Or this side-season thing that was mentioned?

Not that it's any of my business, since I've already mentioned I don't want to run this season... but it only took me 6 days to get from posting the S3 opener to posting the first week of games. We're at nearly a month here. Just saying...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »

We'll have a season once we have an even number of people sign up, provided that even number is greater than 6 apparently. If I could wave my magic wand and get an 8th player to pop into existence, I would do so. If leagues didn't require an even number of players, we could start now... or weeks ago, as it was. Even 6 days after the thread was created, even...

You did have 12 people who signed up, and applied for the league. Just sayin'...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »

I'd be up for this. I'm a relative newbie at the computer version, but I have some experience from playing it on the tabletop.

I'd prefer Orcs, if they're not already taken.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »

Certainly, and thank you. This should get us to the 8 players we need. The season will start as soon as possible.

Does that mean we won't be doing a side cup? I don't mind, but it seems a bit redundant with the main season underway.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »

Application sent in, I'm Captain Brunch, with Brunch's Big Bads.

It's been ages since I've played, however. I don't even remember my old line-up.

Also, I can't do anything until Sunday night (GMT), I'm out Larping.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 1
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »

Due to the immense delays getting the season started, I wouldn't be surprised to see week 1 run a bit long... so, no worries.

Anyway, the season is finally underway. I apologize to everyone involved for the delays, but we can finally play. Hopefully things will go better from here.

I've placed the new teams in one group, and the existing teams in another. I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but it seems to me the fairest way to go about things.

As such, Group One consists of all the new teams. AlStar's Ogres, Burnt Pies' Orcs, Jartol's Skaven and my Vampires.
Group Two consists of the existing teams, ank's Wood Elves, Charmander's Lizardmen, ndkid's Chaos, and Xanatos Jr.'s Norse.

The schedule for week one is...

AlStar - Ogre - Ogrish Royal Guard versus Jartol - Skaven - Manner Pylon
Kanil - Vampire - Self Inflicted versus Burnt Pies - Orc - Brunch's Big Bads

Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion versus Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne versus ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t

Let the games begin.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:59:20 pm by Kanil »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 07:12:24 am »

AlStar - Ogre - Ogrish Royal Guard versus Jartol - Skaven - Manner Pylon

Jartol, what's your availability look like? I'm free tonight after about 6 Eastern or on Sunday, probably late afternoon. I'm starting a new job on Monday, so I'm not certain what my availability will be (although it'll probably be available after 6 then too.)

I'm on Steam as AlStar.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 08:48:39 am »

"Hey, sssssecond seassson for uss is a-go! Time to ssssplatter some runtss!"

"Praissse Leviathan! But... wait, who are we playing?"

"Ssssays here... Woot Woot, the Lutefissssk legion and Kobb'ss Khorne."

"... Fuck."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 149