Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 253009 times)

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4: Signups!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »

directed this way by a chap playing in a small league i'm running elsewhere. o/

i'm always game for a spot o' bloodbowl.  don't mind what rules it's your show...  though if i'm jumping into a shark pit with experianced teams using a rookie team, it'd be cool to know in advance as it'd change starting lineup etc.

gonna go Undead if that's cool.

(am GMT, coach name is same as forum name)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »

... Huh. Thanks, Tiny...

Also, that'll be the case, because it affects a few teams here and there... everything's still slightly up in the air.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 2, Final Results
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »

Results for Season 2

Spoiler: Results (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:28:25 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:02 am »

So, I give myself over to the wisdom (or at least the preference) of the crowd... shall I bring back the Season 2 winning Orcs, or the Season 3 Runner up Chaos team? I have to admit, in terms of personality, I think the Chaos team is better, but the notion of a BB league with no orcs just seems so wrong!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 3, Final Results
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:51 am »

Results for Season 3

Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:15:26 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

(Side note: the prospect of being put in a group with the orcs and dwarves is terrifying.)
But not the prospect of being put in a group with chaos and dwarves? The beastmen are a little easier to chew than an orc by default, I suppose, but I feel like the ability to get mutations makes them seem more dangerous in my book.

Though now I wish I were at home so I could do side-by-side comparisons of their cas/game rates.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:11 am »

It's not a matter of win or lose, it's a matter of personal enjoyment.

If I wanted to play orcs and dwarves all day, I'd just do matchmaking on Naggaroth.

shiodome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

quit yer grumbling, it's us rookies that are gonna get it worst :P

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:30 am »

He asked my opinion, I gave it.

And hey, I'm starting a new team too...

Edit: Anyway, is there any reason not to create the league and get people joining? Or are we settled on the rules? (Two groups of 4, 4 man playoffs, extended inducements, old teams allowed?)

I've created a table in the OP with some player data, to ease game scheduling. Is there anything else I should put there? And anyone else want to offer their time zones/steam names/other methods of contact?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:32:49 am by Kanil »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:07 am »

quit yer grumbling, it's us rookies that are gonna get it worst :P
I am of the firm belief that a well-run rookie AGI team can beat the pants off of an experienced STR team most days. Oh, sure, they may not have a fieldable team the game *after*... ;-)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »

i'm in with my old wood elf team, or if we end up with new teams, i'll do orcs.

i'm for unique teams, the other stuff i don't care about.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »

Oh, for the record I'm GMT, and [DFC] Charmander on Steam... I'm in the Bay12 Bloodbowl group, so.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 03:49:58 pm »

Fuck orcs. Go with the chaos.

The mob (of Kanil, plus my preference) has spoken! Put me down for Kobb's Khorne for Season 4!

Wait, we just hit 9 teams, didn't we? Curses! How would I divide 9 teams in my perfect world. Hm... 3 conferences, play the other two in your conference twice, play the other six teams once each, so 10 week season, top team in each conference + 1 wildcard playoff. Oh, Blood Bowl, why won't you let me do this?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

Can't have 5 team groups, unfortunately. So not only do we need 10 to start, but we need 12 to have two groups. Barring some more participation, it'll just be one group again.

Edit: I think I'm reconsidering playing with Vampires, I'm currently losing rather regularly to, of all things, the single player AI... :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:09:45 am by Kanil »

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

The mob (of Kanil, plus my preference) has spoken! Put me down for Kobb's Khorne for Season 4!

You don't think taking a TV2000 team up against fresh teams might be going a bit too far?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 149