Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 254236 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Semi-Finals
« Reply #1035 on: August 10, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

Playoff tournament created. "Bay12 Playoff", password "Bay12". (how creative!)

Remove your team from the league and apply it to the playoffs. It's a bit of a clusterfuck, but we can sort it out.

Again, my apologies. My first time hosting a playoff with three rounds, but hopefully I know now and it won't happen again.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 10, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »

So here's a probably dumb question; how do I go about removing my team from the regular league? Ah, there it is. Unintuitive spot, for sure.

The Marauders have applied.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 11, 2013, 09:55:17 am »

I've moved my team over.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 11, 2013, 11:16:30 am »

I lost my first game in the play-offs, do I still need to join the play-off league?

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 11, 2013, 11:42:18 am »

Just the final four should be needed.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 11, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »

All teams accepted and correctly seeded. Again, my apologies for fucking this one up. But it's working now, you may schedule/play with no further issue.

Edit: AlStar and I played our game, a decided nuffling in my favor. Not much to say here. I never really got unlucky, and did a lot of damage. Hard to lose when you can kill 3 guys with ~3 blocks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:38:24 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 11, 2013, 08:41:02 pm »

Monk v Jartol scheduled for Monday 7pm EDT, for those who want to watch (or just want to know how long until the playoffs are over :P)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Final Results
« Reply #1042 on: August 11, 2013, 08:55:41 pm »

Final Results from Season 7

Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:28:52 pm by Kanil »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Finals
« Reply #1043 on: August 12, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

Naturan Demanto 1 - 2 Monk's Marauders

The Undead got close to a mil in Inducement monies which went for two Star players (some Vampire and the fearsome Ramtut,) as well as a Wizard, none of which mattered because Jartol experienced perhaps the worst luck I've ever seen in a Blood Bowl match. Both downs for his players without block, Stumbles when trying to drag down a Blodger, Pushes and skulls galore, while at the same time the Marauders seemingly couldn't touch an Undead player without having them fall over senseless. About the only good block the Undead enjoyed was an armor-cracking blow on Eomund Tonkai which threatened to fracture his skull before the Apothecary patched him up, and that was on turn 2. All downhill after that for the Undead; they didn't even get an MVP, as Ramtut stole it.

Balkoth the Ogre caught MVP for absorbing an impressive number of mummy punches, and rolled doubles on his level up, rounding out the Marauder roster with a Block Ogre and pushing the TV right up to 2410. I... may have to cut a lineman or two before taking on Skitterscamps. Can't count on being this lucky in the Championship game, and those two Star Players kept Jartol in the game even with the horrendous luck.

Speaking of the Championship game, Kanil's Skitterscamps will take on Monk's Marauders tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8pm EDT to decide the season.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Finals
« Reply #1044 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:56 pm »

Monk's Marauders 2 - 0 Skitterscamps

Honestly, my head is still going WHEEE so I don't have any particularly memorable highlights to share; much of the game came down to the Marauders' high TV and skills beating out a weaker, slower, goblin-stuffed Underworld team. The humans largely kept to tight clusters to keep from being separated and fouled out, and the hunter-killers did their job admirably, filling in holes and creating problems for Skitterscamps. The first TD came from stealing the ball away from Skitterscamps early in the drive, and the second TD was a... 3? turn scoring play that let Eomund Tonkai throw the ball as far as he could for a TD. Skitterscamps didn't have the time to equalize, and by that time didn't have the strength to push through the Marauders anyway.

Also we got to play on that stupid snow field, so yaay for that.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Signups!
« Reply #1045 on: August 13, 2013, 09:04:31 pm »

I was over-aggressive at the start, then had some poorly timed turnovers that put me horribly out of position. This is compounded by small mistakes / poor rolls / lack of skills / bad choices to make the game pretty much a one-sided stomp. I got outplayed, and it definitely showed in the scoreboard.

Congratulations to Monk on his first tournament victory. The Skitterscamps will lick their wounds, skill up some new players, and destroy everyone in Season 8.

Speaking of which, I've a concern about Season 8: tournament organization.

The end of S7 was pretty disorganized and progressed really slowly. This is basically my fault. I can't make people play their games in short order, but I still have the responsibility to ensure that the tournament moves forward. I really dislike having to make judgement calls over when to advance the week and what games to WO and what games to allow time to play, etc. I hope to not have to do that in S8. I propose three possible solutions.

One: We adopt a rigid schedule. Two options would be 7 day weeks, and alternating 10/11 day weeks. If we go with this, I'll let everyone else decide what they prefer. A 7 day week would have the week advance on Monday, giving the maximum amount of time before the weekends for people to schedule their games. An alternating 10/11 would advance on Monday, then the second Thursday, then again the second Monday. Basically, 2 games every three weeks.

Two: Someone replaces me. This one's pretty simple, it stops being my problem. I'd be willing to continue to manage this forum thread for the tournament, if the new manager so wishes it, or something.

Three: I try harder. I poke people more, and generally try to get their attention to play their games more. This doesn't solve the problem, but might make it a less common issue.

So, if nobody minds the more rigid schedule, then we decide 7 or 10 days. If everyone doesn't like the rigid schedule, we get someone else to run the tournament. If nobody wants to run the tournament, I try to work some more to make things run smoother. Got it?

With that out of the way, time to talk signups for S8!

We currently forbid duplicate teams from playing, meaning not all races are available. Players who played their team in S7 have first dibs on their team in S8.
The following teams are freely available:
Amazon, Chaos, Dark Elf, Dwarves, Elf, Goblin, Halflings, Khorne, Necromantic, Ogre, Orcs, Vampire
The following teams might be available, if their S7 coach declines to use them in S8:
Chaos Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Skaven
It is likely that some S7 coaches will be returning with new teams, and others will be not returning at all -- this list will likely change.

In order to sign up, please post informing us of the team you wish to play, and what time zone you are in. If you have a preferred method of contact outside the forum (e.g. steam, skype, etc) feel free to post that as well. Create your team, and apply it to the Bay12 League. Password is "Bay12".
If you are newer to Blood Bowl (or even if you aren't), then I would highly recommend visiting the website Blood Bowl Tactics and checking out Coach's thoughts on starting rosters. Picking a good starting lineup is important, and will make your entire season easier.

If you played in S7, you will have to post your team, and apply it to the league again. Unfortunately, the existing tournament had to be deleted since the playoffs were a mess. Shouldn't happen again, though!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:14:27 pm by Kanil »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:19 pm »

As far as tournament organization goes, I'd say a rigid 7 day schedule with the flexibility to go 10/11 days if the involved teams let you know that the game is scheduled in that timeframe. Make a post on day 5 listing all the games not yet played and/or send a mass pm to every involved team so people have the chance to pop in and let you know if they schedule the game. Which I suppose falls under Option 3, but with less expecting the Commish to mother everyone?

That said, the rigid schedule doesn't bother me too much, and if it's easier for you (and I imagine it would be) then roll with it.

I'm definitely in next season, not sure if I'm bringing the Marauders back. Last few games with them have been pretty bleh since I've been letting the absurdly high TV win games for me. Then again, I DO want to give them another crack at w00t w00t, and there was a lot of rookie teams this season that will be more developed next season.

Are we doing the rookie side tourney? If yes, I'll start a rookie team in there and give the Marauders a last hurrah before Spiraling Expenses kills them. If no, then I'll just start a rookie team in the regular league.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »

I'm in for season 8!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2013, 09:36:40 pm »

I wish I could but my internet isn't the best. Still gonna watch Season 8 though.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »

Are we doing the rookie side tourney?
If we have players, I will host it... and play in it. I forgot that was something else I wanted to discuss.

When should it be held? Who wants to play in it? Exact rules on what counts as a "rookie" team (i.e. just 0 game teams, or a TV cap?)

I'd say you could probably plan on it happening, I think.

@Nerjin: Sorry to hear that. But, we've been here a while, and I think we'll be here for a while in the future too, so if your internet comes around, feel free to sign up for a later season.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 149