Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 252992 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Semi Finals - TT S2, W9
« Reply #1440 on: July 01, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

Ank and I played our match and I want to call it epic, but it was probably closer to boring, xD. The game ended up going 24 turns with the only scores being on turns 14 (thro-ra ran it in) 15 (fast runner did his thang) and turn 24 with an agi 3 skeleton waltzing in for the game winning TD. There were only two casualties in the entire game and both were immediately regenerated. 3 KO's were inflicted during overtime, and there was a decent amount of stunning going on. The end score was 2-1 in my favor so My Mummie's Mummies will be advancing to their first finals ever with their full force available. I'm looking forward to playing the victor between Monk and Kanil.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Semi Finals - TT S2, W9
« Reply #1441 on: July 01, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »

So it's two games and current season is finished?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Final Results
« Reply #1442 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:45 pm »

Final results for Season 9.

Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)

Final Results for Training Tournament Season 2

Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:38:29 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Finals - TT S2, W9
« Reply #1443 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

I got some help with the dice as I managed to beat down Skitterscamps faster than they could return the favor, and I escaped with only one fatality; history may remember Kyrstic as a horrible monster for some reason or another, but I'll always remember him as my first Blodge lineman with a damaged back and a willingness to take punches. RIP

This means I'll be full strength for the finals, so it should be a good game!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 07, 2014, 10:57:21 am »

Then the stage is set for an exciting final.

Monk's Meanies will be looking to be the first team to win both the training league and the main league while My Mummie's Mummies are looking to bring glory and honor to the Khemri in their first ever finals appearance. We'll let you know when the match is going to be played if anybody wants to watch the final in real time. May the best elf/Khemri win!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 07, 2014, 12:54:32 pm »

Monk's Meanies will be looking to be the first team to win both the training league and the main league while My Mummie's Mummies are looking to bring glory and honor to the Khemri in their first ever finals appearance. We'll let you know when the match is going to be played if anybody wants to watch the final in real time. May the best elf/Khemri win!

Odds are I won't be online when it happens, but how does one watch ongoing matches? I assume there's an in-client feature that lets you do it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:54 pm »

And in the much-delayed Champion's Cup...

Monk's Marauders 1 - 0 Self Inflicted

Huge game for the Marauders as they finally get the Vampiric monkey off their back in spectacular fashion. It took grit (as they managed to hang on to the ball the entire first half, running in the TD on the final turn,) luck (as the vampires fell one GFI short of a tying OTT in the first half,) blood (many Thralls eaten by Vampires, many Thralls punched by Marauders,) and sacrifice (Bertolf Lutolf, one of the oldest players on the team and the first game-winning hero played his last game today. RIP)

Lots of heroes stepped up this game; Grant Valdred shoving a Vampire off the pitch in the second half before being shoved off himself in retaliation, Balkoth landing some solid punches including a CAS on that ST5 monster Thrall, Tonkai making stupid numbers of dodges to position some important assists as well as Pass Blocking a Vampire thrust during the first half (and actually completing a pass of his own!) and Galahad Slodar making some crucial blitzes to keep the vampires offbalance, including the final blitz which the Vampires never recovered. Galahad won MVP, but the game was clinched when Omo Thunderjaw the AG4 Catcher scooped up the loose ball, ran up the pitch and threw it into empty space where no Vampire could reach it on the last turn.

Thanks to those heroic efforts, Monk's Marauders adds a Champion's Cup to their pair of main league trophies. The last three cups they've participated in they've walked away victorious; perhaps one day they will add a fourth. Today, they are champions of champions.

Odds are I won't be online when it happens, but how does one watch ongoing matches? I assume there's an in-client feature that lets you do it.

There is a way, but it is pretty bad and poorly implemented. You go to Community, then the Live tab, then pick the match you want to observe. It's less a spectator mode and more a "replay as it is being recorded," though, so it's not quite live and it always starts you at the start of the match instead of current action.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 11, 2014, 09:55:54 am »

Today, Friday, 9PM EDT- the Blood Bowl Final will begin.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 11, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »

THE FINAL HAS BEEN COMPLETED!!!!

The score

Monk's Meanies 1-2 My Mummie's Mummies

First off I'd like to congratulate and thank everybody for their patience this season as it hasn't been the smoothest or fastest season in the books. Secondly thanks to all the participants for making these league what it is. Lastly, the game synopsis!!

The game started off with a the Dark elves deferring and kicking off to the Khemri. The Khemri then badly hurt a lineman on the first block of the game and managed to cage up and get the ball into the cage right on the edge of their half of the field. The rest of the half saw a few more KO's and injuries to the elves with only one skeleton getting KO'd. The Khemri managed to advance their cage up the field and get into a fantastic scoring position on turn seven. The elves tried valiantly to stop the Khemri push but a double one caused a failed dodge allowing the Khemri to push a blitzer out of the way and run the ball in for the first Touchdown of the game. The Elves set up for a OTTD but due to the fantastic(ly lucky) kick from the Khemri and a blitz that worked just a little too well, they were not able to score in the first half leaving the game at 1-0 going into the locker room.

The second half began with a kick to the elves. who casually received the ball and began to work it down the sideline. The Khemri did their best to stop the elves but after 4 turns of bashing and trying to catch up the elves managed to put the ball into the endzone. During this time, the Khemri did manage to kill the new witch elf (dang apothecary brought her back with just a fractured skull or some other -1 AV injury) and KO/hurt a few more elves. The elves also managed to put in a few casualties on the 4 STR skeleton and a Thro-ra, but both of them regenerated their injuries and were ready to go on the ensuing kick-off. The elves were a different story though with only one KO'd blitzer managing to wake up for what would be the final drive of the game. The elves did a short kick-off (I think accidentally) but did not get the blitz they needed to secure the ball and on the first turn of this drive lost two more players to KO's and injuries leaving them with 6 (5 useful) players on the field to the Khemri's 11. The Khemri retrieved the ball and caged up slowly pushing their way down the field while reducing the amount of enemy players to 4. The Khemri finally managed to get the ball into the endzone on turn 20 to score the game winning touchdown and claim the trophy for the first time in Khemri history!

The next season will begin either as soon as all the teams are ready. Apply to the league if you want to join, I look forward to my first full season as admin.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:41 pm »

Congratulations to the Khemri; their line was too fierce for the Meanies, who take little solace in forcing overtime.

Having played Dark Elves for a season, I found I'm not terribly fond of them, so I think I'll set them on the shelf. My first preference for the next season is to bring my Ogres up from the current Training Tournament and to start a Skaven squad in the next TT (assuming we have one next season.) My second choice would be to just start a Skaven team in the main league (Nuffle have mercy on my soul.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Signups - TT S2, W9
« Reply #1450 on: July 12, 2014, 01:16:26 am »

Both my congratulations and my thanks to THE_SLAYA on managing and winning the tournament.

I will most likely be playing in season 10, but I'm not yet sure with what team.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 12, 2014, 07:44:42 am »

I'm strongly considering playing a Necro team in the main league. I may switch to non-Necro or to training league at a whim but for now you can peg me down for those.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 12, 2014, 10:55:25 am »

Alright I'll pencil you three in.

Kanil are you planning on playing in the training league next season?

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 12, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »

Does this mean there are spaces for new people and new teams to join for the new season now the final is done?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:59 pm »

Does this mean there are spaces for new people and new teams to join for the new season now the final is done?

Yes indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 149